IGNORED

TV Shows

iacas
Note: This thread is 1832 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

What TV shows do you watch?

My TiVo is set to record:

• Las Vegas
  • CSI (Miami, Las Vegas)
  • Big Break II
  • West Wing
  • Survivor
  • The Apprentice
  • The OC
  • Joan of Arcadia
  • Desperate Housewives
That's a lot less TV than most people, and yet a lot more than I'd expect of myself. The nice thing about a TiVo is of course that I can watch those 10 one-hour shows in about 6 hours. Seven if I watch a few commercials.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't have a whole lot of shows in my season pass manager. Here are mine.

Big Break II
Golf Channel Academy
Inside the PGA Tour

I don't watch much TV.

Driver: X460 10°
Hybrid: Heavenwood 2H
Irons: X-12 3-PW
Wedges: Vintage Forged 48° & 56°
Putter: DF 990Ball: HX Hot

Oh dear, let's see if I can do this and not run out of server space. :) In the order of the day the appear on:
  • Arrested Development
  • The Real World
  • Road Rules
  • Real World/Road Rules Challenge (and any variation thereof)
  • CSI: Miami
  • Scrubs
  • The Amazing Race
  • Queer Eye for the Straight Guy
  • Big Break II
  • West Wing
  • Law & Order
  • CSI: NY
  • Lost
  • Will & Grace
  • Survivor
  • CSI: Las Vegas
  • The O.C. (do I spot a trend with this one?)
  • South Park
  • Drawn Together
  • Star Trek: Enterprise

That's for the Fall. Other shows that aren't on right now, but I will be watching when they come back:
  • Big Brother
  • Carnivale
  • Queer As Folk
  • The L-Word
  • Six Feet Under

And of course, I watch every Buccaneers football game that comes on if I'm around a TV. Ditto for UF Gator football and basketball games.

Hooked On Phonics Worked For Me!

I think Tivo is the greatest invention, it's the only reason I am able to watch TV. Outside of Astros baseball, PGA golf, and Texans football, my favorite shows are:
  • The Simpsons
  • CSI Las Vegas
  • Big Break II
  • Sports Center
  • Golf Channel Academy
  • What's In the Bag
  • Seinfeld re-runs
  • Arrested Development

I know I'm going to get shot here, but I really don't watch much of anything on a regular basis. I used to watch Voyager all the time, but not anymore.

Of course, I'm wwaaayy to busy with school to watch too much television.

I know I'm going to get shot here, but I really don't watch much of anything on a regular basis. I used to watch Voyager all the time, but not anymore.

You reminded me to put Enterprise in my list. It's on at a weird time here so I didn't see it when I was perusing the listings writing up my post. I've never seen any Voyager or DSN, but I have S1 of DSN on DVD that my brother loaned me. Voyager will come next.

Hooked On Phonics Worked For Me!

Mr. Slice.....damn dude....You and I would only need 1 t.v. That's the same line-up on mine. I have like 500 stations.....watch about 6 of them. I missed last weeks Desperate Housewife,did someone get killed ?

• Administrator
Mr. Slice.....damn dude....You and I would only need 1 t.v. That's the same line-up on mine. I have like 500 stations.....watch about 6 of them. I missed last weeks Desperate Housewife,did someone get killed ?

Mrs. Huber. The guy whose wife killed herself did it because he found out that she wrote the note on the purple stationary. He confronted her and she was all smug about it, and he bashed her skull in with a blender or something.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Wow, I thought I'd be the only OC fan in this place. How about the ending twist last night. MAN my jaw dropped! I freakin LOVE this show!

NBC's Las Vegas. Oh man, hotties all over that show.

Howard Stern on E and I listen to his radio show.

HBO has been replaying the Sopranos over the last two months. I'd never seen the early seasons so that was neat to see all the history. This week they've caught up to last season. And when the hell is Deadwood coming back on?!?!

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• 14 years later...
  • Administrator

April 14.

5 minutes ago, iacas said:

April 14.

Awesome. Been waiting too long for this. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator

Do shows like "The Neighborhood," which make a bunch of racial jokes full of racial stereotypes, diminish racism, or do they just keep it around and on people's minds and do the opposite of diminish it?

I don't think about racism, and I think do a pretty good job of being color-blind in my day-to-day life, but this show puts it front and center and asks me to laugh at "black people jokes" and "white people jokes." I don't think they're all that funny.

It is impossible to not be a racist.  It is possible to be aware that you are.  What you do from there is the only thing that matters to anyone else.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

12 minutes ago, Piz said:

It is impossible to not be a racist.  It is possible to be aware that you are.  What you do from there is the only thing that matters to anyone else.

It's basically a culture clash. Think about it. The Brits don't like the Scots or the Irish, and vice versa. The Poles don't like the Germans or the Russians. The French don't like anybody! And so on and so on. 

And if we're going to face facts, racism, and playing the race card, will never disappear because there's too much money to be made! 

Growing up in Niles, OH, I didn't have a lot of contact with black people. I discovered later that way back in the day, Niles was a hotbed of the KKK. Even when I was growing up, there were only 3 black families in a city of 25,000! When i got old enough I went to work in a steel mill, and learned a Hell of a lot! Like, black guys were a whole lot like me! 

10 hours ago, iacas said:

Do shows like "The Neighborhood," which make a bunch of racial jokes full of racial stereotypes, diminish racism, or do they just keep it around and on people's minds and do the opposite of diminish it?

I don't think about racism, and I think do a pretty good job of being color-blind in my day-to-day life, but this show puts it front and center and asks me to laugh at "black people jokes" and "white people jokes." I don't think they're all that funny.

I believe it perpetuates racism.    I  believe the show makes fun of racism and acknowledges that it is still very rampant.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

I stopped watching The Widow after less than one episode. Just a slog. Boring.

Note: This thread is 1832 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!