IGNORED

Why is it?

damoc1
Note: This thread is 6436 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Why is it that if you shoot a hole in one, YOURSELF has to buy the drinks for you playing partners, shouldnt this work the otherway around??

Same reasons the bride's family pays for the wedding, I guess. It's your celebration.

Most clubs have hole-in-one insurance. My club charges us about a dollar per month, and then drinks are paid for out of that.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I might be safe saying this because i have never had an ace, but If I did get one I would be so happy that I wouldn't realize that I dropped a ton of cash on drinks until they wore off!!

REZGOLF

Currently in the bag-

R7 460 9.5 stiffV-steel 3 wood stiff/V-steel 5 wood stiff/2 iron hybrid reg.R.A.C OS2 irons reg.52, 56, & 60 deg. regularScotty Cameron Studio Design Newport II

one guy at my home course ended up with the bar tab at $750... ouch. I'm glad I got mine in Florida and we were leaving for the airport right after the round 3 beers was all it cost me !

Why is it that if you shoot a hole in one, YOURSELF has to buy the drinks for you playing partners, shouldnt this work the otherway around??

Same when you get a promotion...except you hopefully got a bump in pay too

one guy at my home course ended up with the bar tab at $750... ouch. I'm glad I got mine in Florida and we were leaving for the airport right after the round

I don't think you have to buy ALL the drinks, maybe just the first round.

Heck it didn't even cost Muskegman (Jeff) anything, he skipped out. (Sorry Jeff, had to call you out)

you know i totally didn't even know this. I'm pretty far off from getting a hole in one though haha. I've come within 2 feet before though. But once.

I'm terrible, but i have fun.

In the Bag:
Taylormade r580XD 10.5° Reg flex
3 + 5 wood - Dunlop graphite shaft parts from a set3-pw - Dunlop set that looks sorta like ping I3's (i'm sorely in need of an upgrade.)LW/SW/GW - Adams black 52, 56, 60 degree wedges.Putter - Ping Karsten Anser 34"Bac...

I here you, my second came in the last hole during a scramble with about 75 witnesses. Fortunately it had a closest to the hole prize of a new sun mountain golf bag. I insisted on beer and mixed drinks using house booz, quite a few of this group had single malt and cognac preferences, and I was still out $250.00, even after I subtract the value of the bag.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Are there set rules on this? If your in a twosome or foursome, maybe buy a round for the your group? If your in a larger group, then the number increases to however many showed up to play in that group? But, are you expected to buy everyone in the club a drink, even the tennis or squash players? That could get pricey.

Note: This thread is 6436 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!