IGNORED

Still think the golf ball is important?

Note: This thread is 3933 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

someone wanted attention. lol.

why exactly did you feel the need to create a whole new thread? You are saying nothing new that someone else didn't say in the other thread...

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

--- Resume ..... if you are not close to zero ..... I doubt whether playing a high end premium ball will bring much profit !

Agree with your anchor statement. I do find, however, that

midspin balls deliver a lot better flight than distance balls. On a solid, full short iron, I can get them to stop pretty well in place. Medium irons will release 3-4 feet, but at least they will stay on the green. Distance balls are great off the tee on dry, summer days... but they disappoint me elsewhere.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My feelings are this...a low handicapper can shoot a good score with any ball as long as they have enough practice with it and figure out how it will react on different shots. A premium ball just makes certain shots easier.

titleist.gif Titleist 910 D3 - Project X 6.0 7C3 Shaft  |  adams.gif Adams XTD Super Hybrid - 15 degrees  
adams.gif Adams Idea Pro A12 Hybrid - 18 degrees 
Adams CB2 - KBS Tour Shafts - 4 - PW
vokey.gif Vokey 54.10 Oil Can  |  vokey.gif Vokey 60.07 Oil Can  |  rife.gif Rife Trinidad - SuperStroke

My feelings are this...a low handicapper can shoot a good score with any ball as long as they have enough practice with it and figure out how it will react on different shots. A premium ball just makes certain shots easier.

titleist.gif Titleist 910 D3 - Project X 6.0 7C3 Shaft  |  adams.gif Adams XTD Super Hybrid - 15 degrees  
adams.gif Adams Idea Pro A12 Hybrid - 18 degrees 
Adams CB2 - KBS Tour Shafts - 4 - PW
vokey.gif Vokey 54.10 Oil Can  |  vokey.gif Vokey 60.07 Oil Can  |  rife.gif Rife Trinidad - SuperStroke

I play $3-4 balls because you pay for consistency of spin. Although from what I hear the Bridgestone balls are making it happen for $2.50 a ball or better.

Driver - Cobra S3 9.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon JavlnFX M7 
Fwy - Titleist 904F 18*
Irons - Mizuno MP-14
Wedges - Cleveland 588 54*, Ping Tour 58*
Putter - Ping D66 (iWi)

No I'm sure it was the sound off the putter face that caused him to shank that ball OB - LOL - what a load of cr**!! The DT Solo and Srixon AD333 are better balls than the NXT Tour in what universe?

Yeah, and he was saying those were better balls than the ProV1x, not the NXT Tour.

this is like one exagerated comment after another...

So, I wasn't the only one who thought so.

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

Premium golf balls are great if you hit the ball solidly, but they can be just as much of a hinderance to your game if you dont hit the ball solidly. Most of us simply dont have the swingspeed and the control to utilize the added performance of a premium ball and would be better off with the low spin of a distance ball.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I shot a 82 (par 69) yesterday with a 1-piece srixon range ball in a competition (the organizors said I could play with it). I had never played the course before either.

thats not a good score , not trying to be mean but whats to say if u had a prov1 you would shot a 72 , how do u know , come back when u shot a 68 or something with a range ball

driver. taylormade tour burner tp ust avixcore tour green 75 x
3 wood 909 f3 13* voodo xnv8
3 hybrid adams idea pro vs proto 95x
irons 3 no 4 5-pw nike cci forged blades
gap wedge nike sv tour blacksand wedge cg14 56* 14flopadopolous vokey spin milled 64 7putter scotty cameron classics newport...

thats not a good score , not trying to be mean but whats to say if u had a prov1 you would shot a 72 , how do u know , come back when u shot a 68 or something with a range ball

He played to his handicap. Do you shoot a lot of 59s with the pro v1x tour?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

He played to his handicap. Do you shoot a lot of 59s with the pro v1x tour?

maybe on tiger woods 09 i am not a very good golfer , i am just saying shooting a 82 with a range ball doesnt prove its better than a prov1 , maybe he wouldve shot a 79 with the prov , know what i am saying ?

driver. taylormade tour burner tp ust avixcore tour green 75 x
3 wood 909 f3 13* voodo xnv8
3 hybrid adams idea pro vs proto 95x
irons 3 no 4 5-pw nike cci forged blades
gap wedge nike sv tour blacksand wedge cg14 56* 14flopadopolous vokey spin milled 64 7putter scotty cameron classics newport...

maybe on tiger woods 09 i am not a very good golfer , i am just saying shooting a 82 with a range ball doesnt prove its better than a prov1 , maybe he wouldve shot a 79 with the prov , know what i am saying ?

It seems to be lower than his average score, but I hear you.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I think there's a ball for everyone. I play Fuzz and they are good for me. I am just glad that there are so many choices.

"I play in the low 80's. If it is an hotter than that, I don't play"

Joe E. Lewis

there are so many moving parts in our sport. every piece effects the ultimate outcome, the ball still matters.
Driver: Taylor Made R9, Woods: Callaway Hyper X 3 wood, Hybrid: Cleveland Mashie 20 degree Irons: Callaway X-20's, Wedge: Cleveland 588 56 degree, Putter: Cleveland CC 6 Classic Black Platinum, Ball: Noodle, Shoes: Contour

Maryland Golf and Country Club in Bel Air, MD.

Ever since i started playing the new taylormade penta's, my score has dropped from low to mid 80's to breaking 80 consistently

In the Bag:

DRIVER: Taylormade r9 9.5*
IRONS: Ping G2 3-PW
WEDGE: Cobra 52* GAP OversizeWEDGE: Cobra 57* Trusty RustyWEDGE: Cleveland 60* CG10PUTTER: Ping I-Anser bladeBALL: Taylormade Penta

Ever since i started playing the new taylormade penta's, my score has dropped from low to mid 80's to breaking 80 consistently

Well, I'm sold.

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

Well, I'm sold.

I just got back from the store and already donated all my other balls to charity.

I just got back from the store and already donated all my other balls to charity.

That's the spirit.

I was just wondering what I was going to do w/ all my other balls. I was just going to hit them into the bean field that borders my acreage, but maybe I'll donate mine too.

Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 3933 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!