IGNORED

Your favorite Professional Golfer.

Jarno
Note: This thread is 6030 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My favorite golfer is the "Big Easy" I relate because we are about the same size and he makes the golf swing look so effortless. I also like his attitude and his recent re-dedication to being #1 again has got me excited to watch golf. I think his recent change to has slowed him down a bit in his quest (not because of the clubs but becuase of the change) but I think when he gets it going he is going to light it up. I am looking forward to the US Open where he won the last time it was played at Oakmont. Go Ernie!!!

TEE - XCG6, 13º, Matrix Ozik HD6.1, stiff
Wilson Staff - Ci11, 3-SW, TX Fligthed, stiff

Odyssey - Metal X #7, 35in

Wilson Staff - FG Tour ball 

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite golfer is the

What did Els play before Callaway? Just wondering.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

• Administrator
What did Els play before Callaway? Just wondering.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Correct and personally I think he needs to go back to his Scotty Cameron putter...

TEE - XCG6, 13º, Matrix Ozik HD6.1, stiff
Wilson Staff - Ci11, 3-SW, TX Fligthed, stiff

Odyssey - Metal X #7, 35in

Wilson Staff - FG Tour ball 

Craig Stadtler. I think the guy has style. He had a great run some years ago, and still manages to make the cut now and then. Stadtler was my hero when I first started golfing (or at least a version of golfing) back in the mid 80's.

I like Mike Wier too, but I wish he didn't do that annoying waggle. Mike's a Canadian icon among young golfers. I see all kinds of kids doing the Wier waggle now and I don't think it's helping them.

Andrew

Tiger because he is such a gamer, and so good. Reminds me of MJ, just always willing to do whatever it takes.
I also like Camilo Villegas, Zach Johnson, and Adam Scott.
Taylormade R7 460 9.5 S Flex
Titleist 904F 19*
Taylormade Rescue Dual TP 19*
Nike Pro Combo Forged 3-PWCleveland Gunmetal TA 900 54*,59(Bent from 58)*Taylormade Rossa CGB Daytona ILL-INI

Luke Donald, but I've been rooting for Henrik Stenson lately too.

Driver: 905R 9.5° (Titleist Speeder by Fujikura - S)
3-Wood: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce v2 - S)
5-Wood: 909F3 18° (Matrix Ozick - S)
Irons: Amp Irons 4-PW (True Temper Dynalite 90 - S)
Wedges:   Oil Can 248.06, 254.10, 260.04
Putter: White Hot XG #5

I would say my favorite would have to be Fred Couples. He has been steady for many years. Hope he can recover from the back for next year.

Driver-Callaway FT-5 Draw 9.5"

3WD-Callaway Hawkeye 15*

Hybrid-Callaway FT 21*

Irons-Callaway Steelhead X-16 4-P

Wedges-Callaway Big Bertha Tour 52* 56* 60*

Putter-Odyssey White Hot #1

• 2 weeks later...
I like Adam Scott... he seems like a young classy guy.

907D2 9.5º Proforce V2 85 Stiff
904F 15º stiff Speeder Shaft
735.CM Chrome 2-P
Spin-Milled Vokeys Tour Chrome 54.10/60.04
Studio Style Newport 2.5 Black X66 Stand Bag Pro V1

Being a Lefty Myself, I am quite partial. I have been a Phil-guy every since High School Golf in the late 90's. Right now I have been finding myself cheering for Bubba Watson though.

I have two. I'm a big Tiger fan since he's a big reason I took up golfing. He made golf exciting for me. Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty sure the older greats were pretty impressive to watch...but he just took that "oh, golf is an old man's sport" image and feel away.

I also like Ernie Els. That guy has one of the most fluid, relaxed swing I've seen. He always carries himself like a true gentleman and I've never seen him lose his cool. Ever!

To chime in on the argument about Sergio's attitude problem...a lot of golfers have attitudes. It's just some hide it better than others. For example, I volunteered to work a hole for a PGA tournament. One of my duties was to locate their ball if it went into the rough. Davis Love's ball went into the rough, so I ran to it, stood next to it, and raised my hand. He walked up and said "I know where my ****en ball went!" But you won't hear about that in the news...

Driver: r7 9.5*
3 Wood: xxI0
4 Wood: V steel
Irons: i-403
PW: : 56* chrome wedgeSW: 53* tour seriesPutter: scotty cameron Newport twoBalls: ProV-1Bag: Hoofer stand bag

(Just for the record...I heard that Tiger leads the PGA in fines for dropping the F-bomb on live TV... in his defense, it's because the cameras are always in his face.)
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I like Jim Furyk right now because he is and has always been playing soo well. I like Adam Scott too; he is an up and comer that could challenge the upper tier of golfers very soon

I've always been a fan of Zach Johnson (before he won the masters. Go SeeMore) and Justin Rose. I just love Rose's swing.

In My Bag :

Driver : HiBore XL
3 Wood : Launcher Gold
Hybrid : 3i Halo 22*Irons : CG4 4-PWWedges : 588 DSG RTG 52* CG11 56* / 60*Putter : GM Exchange2 #4Ball : Z-URS

• 1 month later...
I'd have to go with Adam Scott because of his youth, talent and great swing.

Mike Weir also because he is a fellow Canadian, and a lefty. He brought the green jacket to Ontario!
in the bag:
R580XD 10.5°
Rescue Dual 19°
Titleist 755 4-PW
Vokey Black Nickel 54.10° Vokey Oil Can 60.08° Circa 62 No. 2 Charcoal Mist

Note: This thread is 6030 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!