IGNORED

Anybody know any colleges with golf courses in the Northeast?

gildea909
Note: This thread is 4995 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm a senior and am beginning to look at colleges, I dont necessarily want to play college golf. I would just like a course nearby that i could play on. A lot of the schools i look at don't even have golf as an intramural sport which is dissapointing to me. I live in the boston area, the furthest south i'd like to go is the DC area. Anybody know of any reputable colleges with a their own golf course or one nearby? Thanks!

Bucknell in Lewisburg PA has it's own course which is pretty nice. Of course, Lewisburg is in the middle of no-where, so there's not much to do other than drink and play golf.

-C

ITB:
905R Proforce V2
SS03 Fujikura Tour Platform
MD 21 Irod
MD 25 Fujikura Tour PlatformKZG Forged Blades 5-PW Rifle 5.5 Vokey SM 54/08, 60/04 Rifle Spinner Kombi 35"

I'm a senior and am beginning to look at colleges, I dont necessarily want to play college golf. I would just like a course nearby that i could play on. A lot of the schools i look at don't even have golf as an intramural sport which is dissapointing to me. I live in the boston area, the furthest south i'd like to go is the DC area. Anybody know of any reputable colleges with a their own golf course or one nearby? Thanks!

What school doesn't have a golf course close by? I guess you would have to define nearby.

What school doesn't have a golf course close by? I guess you would have to define nearby.

ok lets say less than 10-20 miles away? For example, I was looking at American university in DC, and the closest public course is quite a ways away and they do not have a golf program since its right in the city, which i was expecting

Theres like 80 bagillion courses in/around boston. Do you want to go away from the GBA for school??? theres also 80 bagillion schools in the GBA area.

Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

Theres like 80 bagillion courses in/around boston. Do you want to go away from the GBA for school??? theres also 80 bagillion schools in the GBA area.

preferably yes, I have looked at some schools like northeastern and BU, but besides that, i'm more interested in from NYC to DC area, which i should probably narrow down soon

Penn State. It's not th NYC area that you mentioned but the courses there are very nice. They played the Big Ten Championships on the Blue Course when I was there. But the White Course is good too.

The bag:

Driver: Taylormade R7 Limited (10.5*)
3-wood: Taylormade R7 st (15*)
5-wood: Titleist 909 F2(18.5*)Irons: Taylormade RAC TP MB; Project-X 6.0 (3-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 52.08 Vokey Spin-Milled 58.12Putter: Odyssey White Hot Tour #1 (33")Ball: Titleist ProV1

West Point? Not exactly for everyone though.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

ok lets say less than 10-20 miles away? For example, I was looking at American university in DC, and the closest public course is quite a ways away and they do not have a golf program since its right in the city, which i was expecting

Go to maps.google.com and type in washington dc golf courses. You can do this for any city where you think you might want to go to school. However, school is more important than golf so I would choose the best school and worry about golf after you get there.

East Potomac golf course is less than 7 miles away from American University. There are others as well.

How could I forget - U of Maryland College Park - course on campus. No one yelling at you too.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Colgate I believe actually owns their own golf course. Other than that, anywhere you go that isn't directly in the middle of NYC or DC or Philly will have a golf course nearby.

I'm going to the University of Delaware in Newark, DE. The nearest course is about a 5 minute drive and, based on rates, the course that I think I will be going to most often in in Wilmington, about 20 minutes away. None of that really factored into my decision because I am bringing my car and will be able to go to any course I want.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Bucknell in Lewisburg PA has it's own course which is pretty nice. Of course, Lewisburg is in the middle of no-where, so there's not much to do other than drink and play golf.

HAHA! I grew up in that area and bucknell is very nice if you have the 50 grand a year to go there plus Lewisburg is not much of a "college town". Most colleges have golf courses around them but if you are looking for one that's on the campus that might narrow your search a bit.
Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

Rutgers golf course looks very nice. I'm playing there tomorrow. Yipee!

Peeking out of my Ascent stand bag

Hyper X 10*
3, 5, 7 X Fairway Woods
MP-57 4-PW MP-T10 56*-10 White Hot #1

Virginia Tech has a course.

In my bag:

Driver: 907d2
Fairway: R7 ti 5-Wood
Hybrids: 909H 21 Rescue 4Irons: KZG Forged Evolution 5 - PW w/Rifle 6.0 shaftWedges: 52 Rac & Vokey 58Putter: Studio Select 2Ball: Titleist ProV1xEyes: SG5

Note: This thread is 4995 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!