IGNORED

The Barclays

Kieran123

Note: This thread is 4112 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

phil needs to get rid of that blade putter, i know he cant put with anything else but everyone I know that used a blade putter is SOO inconsistent with putting. They have flashes of brilliance but are known to miss 5 footers. I would know I used one in the past

That and his driver....

phil needs to get rid of that blade putter, i know he cant put with anything else but everyone I know that used a blade putter is SOO inconsistent with putting. They have flashes of brilliance but are known to miss 5 footers. I would know I used one in the past

Yeah, Phil's problems stem from the type of putter he uses. Phil is phil, he loses interest when he doesn't start well, simple as that.

The field is fortunate right now. Woods hasn't missed a fairway or green during this second round but he is only -1. Looks like he just stiffed it to 5 feet at the 18th, but anytime he's hitting fairways you have to think he could go lower than he is right now. On the 17th, for instance, he was 30 yards short of the green in the intermediate rough after two shots. It was a pretty straightforward pitch shot, but looked like he caught it heavy and didn't get any spin on the ball. It ran 25 feet past the hole. Wasted birdie opportunity for him. He looked pretty ticked off after the chunky chip shot.

Kevin Streelman lit it up today. He shot -8 on the round and -6 on the front nine (his back nine). Very impressive comeback from shooting +1 yesterday.

Yeah, Tiger blew a pretty good opportunity on 17 (the only hole I saw on the online coverage, since they're covering all the groups). Excellent 3W tee shot, fair 3W second shot to first cut, then blew it past to a makable putt for birdie, but I thought (and from his reaction, he thought) he should have been a lot closer. Still, I think that sort of thing will clear itself up if he can just keep hitting the short grass from the tee.

Yeah, Tiger blew a pretty good opportunity on 17 (the only hole I saw on the online coverage, since they're covering all the groups). Excellent 3W tee shot, fair 3W second shot to first cut, then blew it past to a makable putt for birdie, but I thought (and from his reaction, he thought) he should have been a lot closer. Still, I think that sort of thing will clear itself up if he can just keep hitting the short grass from the tee.

Apparently it ticked him off because he stiffed a 180-yard iron shot at 18 and made birdie. You're right about the fairways. As long as he keeps hitting fairways, he will be very tough to beat this week simply because he won't make too many bogies from the fairway.
I hope tiger wins this, but on the other hand....

The divorce was just the official end of their marriage, but they weren't living together for the last 9-10 months anyway.

I hope tiger wins this, but on the other hand....

He's had his time off, the divorce just got official this week, the marriage has been over for a long time. Like he said, it's his job, it's what he do.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The putter wasn't the problem today. He hit something like 55% GIR and a little over that for fairways. Like somebody else said, Phil seems to lose his focus very easily. One great shot can send him on a run of 4 birdies in 6 holes, but if not he will be all over the place.

Brandon

The putter wasn't the problem today. He hit something like 55% GIR and a little over that for fairways. Like somebody else said, Phil seems to lose his focus very easily. One great shot can send him on a run of 4 birdies in 6 holes, but if not he will be all over the place.

yea Im not really talking about lately. Im just making a general statement about his putter. Those putters arent the easiest to play with, most people wouldnt be able to putt with them. They are very good for long putts but the short ones can be sketchy.

Note: This thread is 4112 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!