IGNORED

searching course for lost balls

Note: This thread is 4985 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I hunt for balls but I don't just go to the course to look. I go to a spot I know is a good spot usually after league or before. I have hunted up at a private club before but it wasn't legal by any means. But I went in the middle of a storm so no one was out there.

Brian

Clubs usually dont allow it. I go everytime I play and waiting for slow players. Just make sure their is no one behind you and you have lots of time before players reach the hole behind you.

all i know is if you do this activity you better make sure the ball is in fact LOST and not in play. I say this because if you read the thread i started about how often people pick balls up that are in fact in play; it is the most annoying and negligent thing IMO. If they are lost tho then go for it. but ive never seen the people you describe that just run around looking for balls that arent even playing golf,that is just stupid and you should tee up your driver and aim at them next time you see them lol. jk

Putter first 
:titleist: newport 2 oil can
:titleist: 58* SM4
:titleist: 54* SM4
:titleist: 50* SM4
:titleist: 4-pw AP2 project X 6.0
:ping: i20 9.5 TFC Stiff

all i know is if you do this activity you better make sure the ball is in fact LOST and not in play. I say this because if you read the thread i started about how often people pick balls up that are in fact in play; it is the most annoying and negligent thing IMO. If they are lost tho then go for it. but ive never seen the people you describe that just run around looking for balls that arent even playing golf,that is just stupid and you should tee up your driver and aim at them next time you see them lol. jk

haha, its a public course. I think high schools in the area actually have their cross country meets there as well. Yea Il be walking up the fairway and Il look over and see a young man with his shirt off running.

Who looks for lost balls on a fairway? you can find 1-2 in 5-10 rounds if you are lucky and know its not a live ball. In the woods you can find 10 in about 2-5min. I love getting free top quality balls.

Who looks for lost balls on a fairway? you can find 1-2 in 5-10 rounds if you are lucky and know its not a live ball. In the woods you can find 10 in about 2-5min. I love getting free top quality balls.

yea I was going to look in the woods not the fairway. Theres alot of woods around the course where you can lose balls.

My buddies are caddies at a prestigious CC here in Los Angeles and lets just say every other month I get a bag of brand spankin new Pro V's. It is nice

Bag: SunMountain KG:3 Cart Bag
Driver: Titleist 913 D3

Fairway: Nike VR_S Covert Tour 3

Hybrid: Nike VR_S Covert 3
Wedges: 51° ,55°, 59° Trusty Rusty

Irons: Adams CMB
Putter: TM Ghost Spider

Glove: LeviTee Golf Glove

Shoe: True LinksWear Sensei, Proto

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

yeah my father-in-law lives on the 15th at our local course, and he is a scavenger. It is amazing how some people don't even put in the effort to look for their errant shot in the woods/brush. I will never have to buy a golf ball ever again, and have the luxury of playing premium golf balls for quite some time for free...

Sasquatch Tour Stand Bag

taylor made R9 460 - 10.5 | taylor made Burner Wood - 15 | callaway BB Heavenwood 3 Hybrid - 20 | nickent 3dx RC 4 Hybrid - 23 |mizuno MX300 5-PW | titleist SM Vokey - 50/54/58 | scotty cameron Fastback - 33'' | titleist NXT Tourhttp://www...

Well if it is not your own balls you're picking up, they are legaly of someone else and on most clubs lost balls are property of the club and searching for other than your own lost balls isn't allowed.

Many clubs have a large bucket where found lost balls are collected for the youth or charity.

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

Finders keepers I say. I sometimes stray off the fairway when I play alone on an empty course to pick up some balls in the woods. I don't play them myself, but give them to friends and family.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

your not meant to do it.
But it's the only reason I can play pro v1's so I won't stop doing it.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

your not meant to do it.

Says who?

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Says who?

The course managers.

They employ people to collect golf balls at my course.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

So often when Im playing I see runners just running accross the course without paying to be on the course. So is it possible for me to go on the course and look for lost balls?? anyone here do that

In almost all cases because of the liability insurance carried by golf courses (private and public) you're not permitted to be on the course unless you're a paying customer or employee of the course owner. Golf course owner have an obligation to do "due diligence" in keeping trespassers off the course. Some take this obligation more serious than others.

Butch

In almost all cases because of the liability insurance carried by golf courses (private and public) you're not permitted to be on the course unless you're a paying customer or employee of the course owner. Golf course owner have an obligation to do "due diligence" in keeping trespassers off the course. Some take this obligation more serious than others.

well im taking my chances today. Ihavent seen anyone get afterthe runners yet

My course is right near a small lake. People are required to have a special badge to walk their dog at this lake and must live in the community around it, so, when people are turned down, they as of late have decided to walk across the street and take there dogs for walks on the private club course. Not only are they not allowed to be there, they are letting their dogs handle business IN PLAY. Club emplyees have tried to crack down a bit but to no avail so far, people just keep coming. Its terrible.

To answer the question for the thread tho, where I tend to hit my ball off the tee on some days allows me to find at least a dozen balls hidden under small leaves and covered by mulch. Its funny that some of the best balls in golf are the ones you find that arent even hidden. Player just didnt feel like going to get it!! I thank those people graciously.
Driver905R Proforce V2 Stiff 9.5*
3 Wood906f2 Proforce V2 Stiff 15*
Hybrid:CPR Stiff 18*
Irons: DCI 4-PW
Wedges: CG10 Black Pearl 52*,56*,60*Putter: Futura or Redneck BubbaBall: Pro V1

well I looked around some woods in areas people might miss, no one said anything to me except Hi. I came across alot of balls. I ended up taking 30 balls but I left alot of really cheapo's there so I probably found about 45. Ended up with 6 premium balls that I know of. Of the lower end balls found a few nike pd soft, super soft, titleist nxt, nxt tour, H20 performance etc. callaway (cant remember the names), a few srixon soft feel and some other srixon and taylormade burners.

The premium balls I found are Nike One Tour, Taylormade TP Red, Callaway I Tour(z), two Titleist Prov1's, and one Titleist Prov1x

I was really only interested in the premium balls. So I found like two sleeves of premium balls, like 30 bucks with tax? not bad

Note: This thread is 4985 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!