IGNORED

Golfing in the rain

golfro
Note: This thread is 3514 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It looks like it will be my 1st golf rain day. I haven't played in the rain in a few years. Anyone else on LI heading out today? Hope the thunderstorms don't come. That is the only thing to keep me off the course.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

I played 18 in the rain this morning! Never stopped raining till hole 13, I used 3 gloves and was covered head to toe in goretex. Had the whole course to ourselves! Really enjoyed it, played well too! The wind really picked up on last 4 holes and we finished dry as a bone! Takes more than rain to stop me playing golf!

Gaz Lee

I played 18 in the rain this morning! Never stopped raining till hole 13, I used 3 gloves and was covered head to toe in goretex. Had the whole course to ourselves! Really enjoyed it, played well too!

The wind really picked up on last 4 holes and we finished dry as a bone! Takes more than rain to stop me playing golf!

Congrats.

Walk?

Ride?

Waterproof Bag?

Galvin Green?

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't golf in the rain that much. Most of the rain storms around here are accompanied with thunder, and lightening. We do get some sprinkles in the cooler months, while only averaging about 4.6' a year as it is. A few weeks ago we received 6" in about an hour which did a lot of damage. That kind rain is the exception to the rule.

When I do play in wet conditions, it becomes a new game for me. Club selection is different. Dealing with casual water is brought into play. Any rolling the ball does is slower, and /or shorter.

I have any read some articles that say rain effects the ball's flight because the dimples get wet. Also that due to 100% humidity, the spin put on a ball has more effect. Those two idea seem to conflict with each other. Not sure if either is true, or not. Never really thought about it.

The main thing I do is to try and keep my gloves, and clubs as dry as possible. I have a cover for my clubs, and I also carry an umbrella to keep me dry. A few more towels will make their way into my bag.  I also tend to hit balls a little thinner than I normally do. I also tend to pay more attention to the carry of my shots, since the roll is much shorter.  That's about all I do different.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ended up playing. Umbrella was uselass because the course I play is by the water so the wind is usually a factor. My umbrella went inverted so I put it away. The bad stuff didnt come till later. It never fails that I always come to a halt on the 15th tee box. No one on the course except a 4 some who I didn't see once till the 15th. Man were they slow. Anyway back on topic. Weather was ok until the 17th and 18th. Complete downpour and extreme winds. Glad I played but man if that 4 some wasn't out I would have finished prior to the heavy stuff.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Congrats. Walk? Ride? Waterproof Bag? Galvin Green?

Always walk! Never ride, I just bought the titleist stay dray cart bag for my push trolley a month ago! I can now highly recommend them! And yes I do like my galvin green outfits! Trousers, jacket and bucket hat, warm and dry all the way round!

Gaz Lee

Note: This thread is 3514 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!