IGNORED

Most embarassing thing that has happened to you on a Golf course

mx273
Note: This thread is 4924 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i was in the bunker at the front of the 9th green where there is a halfway house behind the green, i took a swing of the club and caught the ball thin only to see a load of old guys diving for cover! 1 man says to me, dont worry mate, its happened to us all! i could have died!

ZL Driver 10.5 Voodoo stiff shaft
F speed 3 wood stiff shaft
909 H Rescue
AP2 4-pw KBS Tour Stiff shafts
Forged 55 SV 58 SM 60 Tour action 64 Newport 1.member of www.shirlandgolfclub.co.uk

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol you're not liable if you hit a house on the golf course, they assume all liability. I wouldn't play out of their back yard though, thats messed up not to mention usually OB.

Actually it depends. Home owners around a golf course do assume liability for errant golf shots that are an accident, just like you do if you get hit on the golf course. But if there is some negligence on the part of the golfer or the course then that isn't the case. For instance the course I live on sponsors some night golf with glow balls upon occasion. But it isn't clear that this isn't reckless on the part of the tournament sponsors and the course management to permit golfer to play at night when they can't see the distance/target clearly (the course doesn't have night lights). Same is true if someone deliberately hits into your group just because you're slow, that isn't your liability. So liability depends upon circumstances and who has the best lawyer. Scary isn't it.

Butch

I brought this on myself in a tournament in July (I may give myself away if someone from around here reads this - oh well):

I was playing in the Hampton Amateur - shot 36 on the front with three three-putts on the front (a three-putt par when I drove the green on a par 4 and two three-putt bogeys with a birdie on 8) - also missed two birdie putts inside 5 ft.

We get to 10, which is a 480yd par 5, straight away (it should be a par 4) - anyway, in the summertime, 10 is usually a driver-7I for me. I get up and jackhammer one to 150y out - only one problem - ball hits a sprinkler on the way down and ends up right behind a tree. I have to chip out sideways, ball ends up in a divot (we're playing it down everywhere for the tournament). The pin is tucked back left, I pull a PW into the left bunker, ball plugs. Gouge the ball out and 3-putt for a 7. Hit driver-LW to 4 ft on 11, birdie putt doesn't even touch the cup.

12 is a short par 3, I hit PW to about 20 ft, another 3-putt (after missing a par putt inside 2ft). Anyway, after this last transgression, the putter decides to leave my hand and fly back toward the cart. Instead of landing in the rough, it decides to land on the cart path.

Fast-forward to 13 - I hit a good tee shot, draw a horrible lie, wedge into a greenside bunker, blade lob wedge over the green into cabbage, machete ball to about 5 ft for bogey. I get set to line up my putt, and I realize the putter head is misaligned - the throw on 12 broke the epoxy, rendering my putter unusable. I go back and try to putt with a 2-iron and 3-putt for a 7.

Waiting for the next hole, I pull my 8-iron out and putt with the head turned around backward (which puts a lot of topspin on the ball, but it stays straight if you hit it in the middle of the back of the club) and I end up shooting 1-under on 14 through 18 for a 76.

A guy in my group complained about my club-throwing and I got yelled at by the tournament director, and it really made me feel bad for doing it - I haven't thrown a club in a couple months at least, trying to stop for good.

Most of the course around here have houses lining the each hole... many of these courses have signs up that say that THEY are NOT responsible for any damages and that it is the golfers responsibility.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Most of the course around here have houses lining the each hole... many of these courses have signs up that say that THEY are NOT responsible for any damages and that it is the golfers responsibility.

It is their course and they can put what ever sign up they want to but it is generally the home owners responsibility, this coming from a home owner.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

It is their course and they can put what ever sign up they want to but it is generally the home owners responsibility, this coming from a home owner.

This is often correct, though it varies a lot with state and locality. Those signs *might* help the course escape some liability, but they do not have any real force of law behind them (except in some places that actually may have laws on the subject). Essentially the course can now argue that they have warned you of some risks which may help them argue that you should have exercised more care, but it'll still be up to a court to have the final say. Anyway, a little search on Google or this site will unearth long threads with lots of specific details on this subject, which probably don't need to be repeated here....

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

About a month ago or so I was playing with two friends and we were in a fairway with a dog leg left and the group in front of us was on the green about 200 yards away. I couldn't see the green but my two friends could and they said I was clear to hit. I pulled my hybrid which I typically hit about 180-190 and hit it just perfect. My two friends looked shocked and yelled at me that I needed to go apologize because I just hit right into the group on the tee....I felt horrible but went up and apologized and was fortunate that I didn't hit any one.

Had a little golf tourney the day after I got married and my brother brought some dresses and we agreed that if you didn't hit your drive past the ladies tees you had to play the hole in the dress. Of course, I had to dribble one off the tee on a par 5 so I had to play the hole in the dress. The most embarrasing part was there was a house along the hole that had about 12 women have a "Girls day" pool party going on. Needless to say, there were some loud, drunken cat calls going on as I walked by!
my get up and go musta got up and went..

A new one for me yesterday . I was playing from the blues and the blue tee is set back in a tunnel of trees and the fairway opens up after the whites. Houses are very close to both sides. This always makes me uncomfortable for some reason. I was using my 3 wood for dogleg left shot. I promptly topped my drive into the divot repair box at the white tees, ricocheting the ball into a thick brush of black berry bushes out of bounce. To make matters worse it made a super loud noise and there were guys on the green right next to me. Talk about a kick in the nuts.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Note: This thread is 4924 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!