IGNORED

Official Big Break Dominican Republic thread

The Recreational Golfer
Note: This thread is 2776 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Should be a good show tonight. More conflict between team strategy and individual strategy as MVP points are up for grabs within a team challenge event or something like that.

I'm hoping my Golf Chanel is not somehow blocked... I hear Brian and Andrew (maybe A-Rod as well) aren't happy with the photo captions. Sara, however, lobes the toes comment. Who knew?

Carling plays in the LPGA Lorena Ochoa Invitational THIS WEEK.

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

Should be a good show tonight. More conflict between team strategy and individual strategy as MVP points are up for grabs within a team challenge event or something like that.

I guess I am not the only one who is getting the unavailable message from the golf channel.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I guess I am not the only one who is getting the unavailable message from the golf channel.

The what message? On your TV? More please.

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

As long as Sara is hitting it's always a good show! haha and Brian is a bi*ch

callaway.gif   FT-i driver,  FT 4-wood,  X Utility Prototype 18* hybrid-iron / Big Bertha Diablo 3 & 4  hybrids

Tour Preferred CB 5-PW irons

callaway.gif   X-Forged 52*, X-Forged 56*/58*, X-Forged 64*  wedges  

Daddy Long Legs (38'') putter

:nike:RZN Platinum ball

I really think Elena is going to seperate the womens team...she is starting to think she is better then anyone on the team. I think it will eventually lead to her pushing to get back into a benching challenge to prove herself (to herself) and her ego will lead to her being benched for good. Which will probably be best for the women.

taylormade.gifR11S 9* Driver Aldila RIP Phenom 60 R Flex

taylormade.gifRBZ 3W 15* Matrix Ozik XCon-5 R Flex
taylormade.gif'11 Rescue Hybrids 3 (18*), 4 (21*) Aldila RIP 65 HB R Flex
taylormade.gifR11 5-PW KBS Steel R Flex | taylormade.gifTP XFT 52* 56* 60* KBS Steel

cameron.gif California Coronado 35" | ogio.gif Grom Black Plaid Bag |  Penta TP

Very prophetic Todd.... And posted an hour before the show aired....

well Elena didnt have a choice to go into the challenge. The guys picked her because they thought she was the easiest girl player to permanently bench right then

Few things I took away from this episode...

- "En fuego" Brian was hilarious. - Benching Elena was HUGE because now she becomes an even bigger distraction for the women. - Sarah's attitude is starting to chance. She is becoming more arrogant evident by next weeks previews and not congratulating A-Rod on his par. She would always comment a fellow player not matter winning or losing, tho A-Rod did overplay it. - I totally disagree with Sarah about how Elena would have smoked Football if A-Rod wasn't playing. Sarah bailed Elena out on several shots herself. - The best strategy IMO for the guys now is to try to take out Sarah B. If they could do that they will win. While Sarah is still clutch, her short game/putting is starting to breakdown. That birdie putt on the last hole was horrid. - Lori also seems to have lost her edge as well.
well Elena didnt have a choice to go into the challenge. The guys picked her because they thought she was the easiest girl player to permanently bench right then

I was thinking more about the part of dividing the team. No one likes her. Christina, Lori, Blair and Brenda dont like her. That leaves Sarah who IMO wouldn't bad mouth a player on camera.

Haha thanks. Whether she wanted to play in the benching challenge or not I figured if she did she would lose. Tho when they said it was partners and she picked Sarah I really thought they would win. So glad I was wrong about that!

taylormade.gifR11 5-PW KBS Steel R Flex | taylormade.gifTP XFT 52* 56* 60* KBS Steel

Few things I took away from this episode...

Remember back to sandles resort. Sarah's putting and short game lacked back then as well. Granted I think she is better than she was on that show but I remember her over shooting pins and missing many putts on sandles resort. I always thought she needed a little better short game and was too aggressive

She does have a choice whether or not she is divisive, argumentative with her teammates, or how often she calls one of them a bitch. She should offer to let Brian "see them" if he throws a challenge next week, then take him into the woods and get it over with. She'd like the attention, think she was doing a good thing, but not realize that by permanently benching her "sweetie" she would strengthen the men.

Lorrie is pleased she doesn't have to worry about massaging her ego each day, Brenda sees her as not a team player and Christina just doesn't like her. The personality conflicts are starting to get interesting, and affect the golf.

Remember back to sandles resort. Sarah's putting and short game lacked back then as well. Granted I think she is better than she was on that show but I remember her over shooting pins and missing many putts on sandles resort. I always thought she needed a little better short game and was too aggressive

This is actually my first season watching Big Break. But I can see what you are talking about. I was just really shocked at that birdie putt because it was just that bad from such a consistent/clutch player.

She does have a choice whether or not she is divisive, argumentative with her teammates, or how often she calls one of them a bitch. She should offer to let Brian "see them" if he throws a challenge next week, then take him into the woods and get it over with. She'd like the attention, think she was doing a good thing, but not realize that by permanently benching her "sweetie" she would strengthen the men.

Thats why I think the guys are in great position. Brian is a headcase obviously BUT he doesn't haven an affect on anyone other then himself mentally that is. Elena sitting on the bench is just going to try to have an input on everything and its only going to hurt the team. When Dave said "Watching people you care about is stressful" is what leads to me believe they will win. They all like each other. They even like Brian. Why they might not have the accolades the women do outside of the show but they seem to mesh/gel very well.

I was just about to post, "Did I see Elena slip Brian some tongue" and sure as schiskabobs they are an item.....I guess we all know would be on top....

The what message? On your TV? More please.

oh yeah, I get a message that says "The Golf Channel is unavailable at this time. Please try again later". It seems to always happen to the golf channel and no others.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

- Sarah's attitude is starting to change. She is becoming more arrogant evident by next weeks previews and not congratulating A-Rod on his par. She would always comment a fellow player not matter winning or losing, tho A-Rod did overplay it.

Change? Sara's arrogance has been obvious from the first episode of Sandals Resorts, when she let out an astonished, "What?" after Kelly Sheehan "Saved" her. It was synonymous for, "I Fooled Someone Already?"

It's classic Sara to whine that A-Rod is mean when he plays, simply because A-Rod appropriately expected a clap from stone faced Sara or Elena after Football's par putt, but Sara somehow decided it was ideal sportsmanship to sarcastically say, "Let me get that for you," a few weeks ago while picking up A-Rod's ball when the two of them went head to head and Sara obviously was going to prevail. No one in Sandals Resorts had a strong enough personality to call her out on the little digs and frequent hypocrisy. It would be wonderfully apropos for that to change in the final episodes here. Sara is clutch? These are the scores from her final round played in each event on the Futures Tour this year: 75 77 75 75 74 74 83 71 79 67 75 72 74 76 80 Her scoring average was 73.92, so you can see which direction she trended late.
I think they've finally got a good team format down. This still focuses on one-on-one stuff but involves the whole team concept really nicely. It's great, frankly. Previous BBs were getting tedious, but this season is one of the best, if not the best.

This version includes very few shots per player. Blake complained about that in the current blog entry on Golf Channel.com. Some players are all but invisible, which is obviously never the case as individual Big Breaks wind down. Christina hasn't appeared in a Benching Challenge yet, ridiculous considering the caliber of her play. Blair has had a minor role the past few episodes. Obviously Brian has been shielded from the final challenge. Blake played one final challenge with Andrew, otherwise he's been in the background.

It's a severely imbalanced format in favor of players chosen for the final challenge. I love that they are featuring full holes as opposed to fixation with circles. Prioritizing one-on-one is great. The opening team challenges have been creative. But it's disappointing to have the final 40% of each episode devoted to only 2 or 4 players among 12, and the same players time after time. Imagine the potential for alternating shots among 4 or 5 players on a single hole, particularly a par 5. We haven't seen any of that. Interesting strategy and inevitable conflict. The producers took a major risk last week with all the head to head strikes. The series could have ended right there if the women swept. The show got lucky. If every week were 50% Brian, and the vast majority talk and not shot, then it unquestionably would be the premier Big Break. Brian is astonishing, such rare ability to turn a handful of words into imagery, irony and hilarity. When posters are seriously condemning Brian and raving about bitchy Sara, I honestly feel like the world has shifted into reverse, like turning around on every tee shot and aiming for the lake on the previous hole. Otherwise, I was under the impression that a permanently benched player could not be saved by strike eraser. Perhaps that is wrong. Early promos showed a long range shot going in the hole on a circle challenge. We have not seen that yet. The clip appeared to indicate the women holed it, but it could have been intentionally edited to deceive. That promo ran often leading up to the series and during the early weeks. Once they introduced the strike eraser concept the clip has strangely disappeared, like they don't want to tip anything.

One of the best shows yet. Brian must have got his hands on some ProZak. Sara was wrong on her analysis of Football/Elena or at least is isn't clear who would have won if they had played one on one. But it was clear that A-Rod made the shots that he had to, albeit with some luck on the last long putt. But that is part of the game too and the ladies have had their share of luck on past shows.

Butch

Brain thought A-Rod and Blake missed that last putt left.... Why? After Blake missed it RIGHT, a-Rod says on the bench to no one in particular, did he miss that left? Football says "Right."

Brain hears, (A-Rod) "Did he miss that left?". (Football) "correct". Good Lord.....

Sara is correct in that William would NOT have eliminated Elena heads up. Not that they would have hit the exact same shots were they playing alone or if the format was different, but her two putt par on the last hole would have forced a playoff. Remember William hit one in the ocean, wiping out the one stroke advantage.

Elena and Brain are indeed an item.... More to come (vomits in mouth a little).

( Really Loud MEOW noise)

http://www.thegolfchannel.com/golf-v...26000&rsec;=596

She's all over the place... glad she lasted longer than on her previous show, calling herself "one of the best players", calling Christina "lucky" for not having to play in a benching challenge, Football played like $h!*, wish I would have played him 1 on 1, etc. But I'm gonna be a chearleader for my team (except for Christina apparently)

Clearly an interview done not long after A-Rod's bomb dropped and her own crappy birdie putt. Girl needs a few cocktails, something from the grill, some chill time and ask her again tomorrow.

• Administrator
That interview was poor. I get that as a competitor it involves lying to yourself a little bit (Tiger will blame the wind when he simply failed to put the right curve on a shot, for example) as a way of protecting your belief in your abilities, but she's out to lunch. Neither of her putts was a "good putt." The one was short all the way and the other was low all the way.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 2776 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!