IGNORED

The often overlooked golf shoe, and why its worth investing in quality.

DarkPrince
Note: This thread is 4876 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It's not necessarily the colors I would ever choose, but the style of it (again negating color) I think is kind of cool :P Almost looks like the bowling shoes you rent at the alley. I guess look at it as if the green were a black, or maybe a deep or royal blue rather than pea soup green :P

:cobra: Fly-Z+ White
:callaway: XR 3 Wood
:adams: Idea Pro Black 21*
:callaway: XR 4 Hybrid
:callaway: Apex 5, Apex Pro 6,7 Apex MB 8,9,P
:tmade: 50° Gap Wedge
:callaway: Mack Daddy 2 54° 58°
:nike: Method 001 33"

Here's the link to the whole collection, for you fashion-forward Trappers. $550 in dollar terms is a pretty big ask, though.

https://www.albartross.com/mens-collection-c1.aspx

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think quality shoes that fit are worth every cent. My pr oblem is standard sizes don't fit. I cannot find any golf shoe that is made to custom sizes. There are a lot of companies that make custom shoes with custom materials, but they don't make custom sizes.

I need a EEE front box and a C Heel and a high instep, with room for custom orthopedic insoles. I also need a shoe that breathes since most waterproof shoes soak my feet in sweat. I also want a shoe that doesn't feel like the sole is nailed to a board, because they cause internal brusing even with custom insoles .

All the manufacturers claim to make an extra wide but the sizes don't run true and have a low instep and wide heel which I can't use.

I am wearing the new balance 993 in 11AAAA

I would be willing to travel anywhere and be fitted for custom shoes that fit.

Does anyone know of custom making golf shoe makers of good looking shoes.

I do like the full leather soles.

FJ Classics just didn't sell, at least not in the market I'm familiar with. They had a few pairs in the pro shop, but at $345 they were far above what I or anyone I know would buy (they ended up returning them to FJ for a refund at the end of last year). I've never even paid $100 for a pair of golf shoes, much less more than $300.

Here's the link to the whole collection, for you fashion-forward Trappers. $550 in dollar terms is a pretty big ask, though.

$550????

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I think quality shoes are worth every cent. My problem is

My advice is possibly check out Footjoy Myjoys. You can customize colors and whatnot, but you also have the ability to choose even different sizes/widths for each foot. If you've got a 9 2E left, and a 9.5 D right, you can do it :P

And since I'm bored, here is the collection thus far: And the latest addition:

... At work I find golf shoes are a tough sale to a majority of golfers. Most in my area are weekend warriors or guys who play like 6 times a year, but even the people I know play a ton don't invest in a pair, whether cheapies or high end shoes. I mean a pair of good spikes isn't going to take 5 strokes off your game, but man a comfortable pair of shoes makes the walking portion a heck of a lot more comfortable, and the spikes DO make a difference on damp/wet days...

I've played golf since the late 1960s, but several friends and co-workers are just now entering the game. I tell them to start out with athletic shoes, preferably cross-training shoes. This is so they don't show up in

leather street shoes - it happens! - and slip and fall on an uphill shot on Hole No. 2. Besides wet days and early morning rounds, the spikes also help stabilize me on super-hilly courses. Beginners have enough hassles finding clubs and taking lessons. So, I usually suggest they get golf shoes going into Season 2. Also, if you pick up the clubs more than once a week, it's a good idea to have two pairs of golf shoes. That way, Pair 1 can air out and dry while you're wearing Pair 2. Makes both pairs last longer.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

FJ Classics just didn't sell, at least not in the market I'm familiar with. They had a few pairs in the pro shop, but at $345 they were far above what I or anyone I know would buy (they ended up returning them to FJ for a refund at the end of last year). I've never even paid $100 for a pair of golf shoes, much less more than $300.

Can't argue with the sales data, but I still think it's a shame. The problem is that most people these days have worn sneakers and/or trainers all their lives and become conditioned to regard all footwear as a disposable commodity. Taking that view, it's perfectly logical to just look for the lowest unit cost each time. But it doesn't have to be that way. A depressingly long time ago, I was working in the City in London and my very posh boss took me to his own bespoke shoemaker to get a couple of pairs of black oxfords custom made. I nearly pissed my pants when I saw the bill, but I've been wearing those shoes for over 15 years and -- because they've been cared for properly -- they're as good as the day I first put them on. Better, really. God knows how many pairs of random casual shoes I've worn out over the same period, but I'll bet I've spent 50 times as much on crap as I ever did on quality.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

I'm a big fan of golf shoes. I don't understand though why there are so few shoes on the market which give comfort to resemble a running shoe. Most golf shoes are pretty hard rubber, sometimes pieces of plastic. My favourite pair so far is the Nike Air Summer Max, which is far more comfortable than anything I've ever worn. I've never had issues with balance on these shoes. If anything, I feel more connected to the ground with them. My feet get to breathe and they are comfortable to wear. For most shoes, it's a matter of fit. Some are terrible and hard, others fit better. With a softer fabric, the chances of a shoe being comfortable are much higher.

You don't wear GoreTex shoes on a bright and sunny day when talking a walk, so why do they sell so many water-proof golf shoes, when I would guess 95% of the times we play golf are under a blue sky?
I don't wear my summer shoes when it's raining, I got a pair of water proof ones too, but I only wish there was a bigger selection of the soft ones. It's prefectly normal to have multiple pair of everyday shoes, so why not when it comes to golf too?

I really want to order the Adidas 360 4.0, but I'll try to keep myself from ordering them. My current two pairs are new this season and I really like both of them. I must avoid buying too much golf stuff that I don't really need. When a pair is worn out though, I'll buy new ones (probably before too). I might pick up the 360s next year on sale, if they don't release 5.0, which some review convince me to buy.

My current pairs:

I got one pair of Olyo shoes, which was cheap and didn't last very long, and a pair of Footjoy MyJoys, which are getting worn out, and never really fit me very good either.
A problem for me is the limited selection offered from stores around here. I either have to drive a very long way, or order on the internet and hope they will fit.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I recently purchased Adidas Tour 360 4.0 Sports for $65 which I thought was a pretty good deal. Last year I bought the FootJoy DryJoys for $80. I've had my eyes on a few of the premium shoe for some time. Would love to get the FJ Icons, Adidas Adipure, or something along those lines. I've seen some Adidas Tour 360 Limited shoes on sale but couldn't find it in my color or size.

« Keith »

For those in North East Ohio, go to Windmill Lakes golf course, they sell tons of shoes and they have huge sales this time of year. I think the Addidas were around 140, instead of 180. Huge sales there..

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I recently purchased Adidas Tour 360 4.0 Sports for $65 which I thought was a pretty good deal. Last year I bought the FootJoy DryJoys for $80. I've had my eyes on a few of the premium shoe for some time. Would love to get the FJ Icons, Adidas Adipure, or something along those lines. I've seen some Adidas Tour 360 Limited shoes on sale but couldn't find it in my color or size.

They are on sale already? Bought online or in a store? I'd buy them in a jiffy for $65.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

This thread is so inspiring that I changed my avatar to a golf shoe. These are a pic of my latest. Nice.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Gotta admit, definitely love these FJ Icons, very comfortable and slick looking ;P Only downside is that like nike, I had to order a half size smaller than I normally wear, just in case anyone else thought about getting some. The Nike spikeless ones are an 8.5 which is what I normally wear, they feel like 9's though. Same thing happened when I tried a pair of the icons on for fun at a golf galaxy a few months ago when I figured they'd never be below 270. Very comfy shoe though. Unlike my Adidas Tour 360 LTD's there wasn't a lot of grass or pebbles stuck in the nooks and crannies on the bottom of the shoe, the design on them seems to manage that aspect a helluva lot better.

I ended up finding a pair of cosmetic-blemished Tour 360 4.0s on sale with golflocker.com for $84.95, so I pounced on those. :D I'll probably blemish them more in one round than what I'll find with them, they said.

What's in my Tartan Precise TS-869 Bag:
Woods: Northwestern 1W, 3W, stock grip
Hybrids: 855 Graphite shaft 3H, 4H, Golf Pride Tour Wrap midsize grips
Irons: 855 R flex steel shaft 5-PW, Golf Pride Tour Wrap midsize grips
Wedges: PureSpin Tour Series Diamond Face 52* AW, 56* SW, 60* LW, Golf Pride...

I just pre-ordered up a pair of these: http://shop.truelinkswear.com/produc...ur-white-white

From what I've heard/read from those who tested these before they were put on sale, they are RIDICULOUSLY comfortable. I like the fact that they get you closer to the ground and give you better feel/stability. Cant wait for my pair in the mail.

What's in my TaylorMade stand bag:
taylormade.gifSuperfast TP 10.5° Matrix HD6 graphite stiff shaft
nike.gifSasQuatch 2 Steel #3 Wood: 15° Diamana SasQuatch Graphite
cobra.gifBaffler DWS Hybrid Utility Woods: 3/R 20°
cobra.gifS2 Forged irons 4-PW stiff flex steel shaftcleveland.gifCG15 satin chrome 48° gap wedge 8 bouncemizuno.gifMP T Series chrome 53° sand...cleveland.gifnike.gifbridgestone.giftaylormade.gif

I just pre-ordered up a pair of these:

Hope those work out well. I've talked to the owner, he seems like a good guy. I still prefer shoes with spikes though.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I just pre-ordered up a pair of these:

How do you possibly order shoes that you can't even try on? I will never order any footwear online because I have to have them on my feet before I know if they will fit. I really don't want to deal with the hassle of ordering, trying, returning, trying again, then finding out that nothing they offer fits. Never have figured out how anyone does this.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Note: This thread is 4876 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!