IGNORED

My Swing (KenStone)

KenStone
Note: This thread is 4942 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Honestly it looks like you can stay down on the shot more. I think instead of flipping your casting more, your loosing your wrist angle earlier in the downswing than you would like. Stop at 0:28, were your hands are near your right thigh. Look at how the shaft is pointing straight down, You want that to be when your hands are over your left thigh, your casting, ie loosing your wrist angle in the downswing. Then if you stop it when your club is pointing horizontal with the ground, it looks like your chicken winging it there a bit, holding on to the shot. I think you are losing your, what i hear is the tush line, that is your butt is comming towards the ball in the downswing. Can you post a down the line view?

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'd say that last video features some serious flipping, but as usual, I could be wrong.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Yeah, it's there. In doing some drills today after learning (thanks buds) when the cross should actually happen, to me it's clear that I just didn't know what to do with my left arm leading to some chicken winging along with the flip. So still there to some extent in this latest video. However, the flip is better than previous videos I have of myself. And I'm confident that the next vid I take it'll be even better.

But really the biggest improvement I made in the past two weeks is when I discovered that my first move was to roll my arms open and I never really hinged my right wrist. Once I figured that out, squaring the clubhead has been, surprise surprise, not that big of a deal. My clubface at the top of my swing was pointing straight to my right. Now, it's at more of a 45* angle.
Driver - R9 460 9.5*
Woods - Diablo Edge 3 and 5
Irons - Diablo Edge 5-AW
Wedge - Spin Milled 56.14, 60.04
Putter - White Hot XG 330Ball - E52010 GoalsBreak 100, Break 90, Beat My Dad

You really don't flip all that much in the newest video. I don't really know where some people got the thought that you flip like crazy, especially since there is no old face-on video to compare it too. You still flip some, but more like a single-digit capper than a 15.

I would disagree. Won't get into the definition of crazy, but I don't see anyone saying he flips like crazy, just that he does. And yes, it is common for mid handicappers, that's why we are mid handicappers.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I would disagree. Won't get into the definition of crazy, but I don't see anyone saying he flips like crazy, just that he does. And yes, it is common for mid handicappers, that's why we are mid handicappers.

Hmmm. Okay, you're right. My bad.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Hmmm. Okay, you're right. My bad.

you can see alot of stuff with frame by frame video analysis software. a guy with a low handicap on here posted a video and at impact he was flipping majorly. everyone that commented on his swing were telling him how good it was because they were watching in real speed and looking at his handicap.

Yes, this is the exact frame I was looking at. This is a big flip, club is ahead of the hands right near impact. If I had to take a wild guess, I'd say this was the swing of a 15 handicap at the best. (Add: Looking up at the OP's handicap, my guess was close.) Hips haven't slid forward, club has crossed the hands, weight isn't forward enough. All of this can be corrected to give us a low handicap, perhaps scratch golfer with the build and age being what they are. Overall, this swing can go a long way with some work.

you can see alot of stuff with frame by frame video analysis software. a guy with a low handicap on here posted a video and at impact he was flipping majorly. everyone that commented on his swing were telling him how good it was because they were watching in real speed and looking at his handicap.

I watched it on YouTube and was able to freeze it at that frame, but, at quick glance, it just didn't look that bad. I was wrong, and I admit it. Simple as that.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 4942 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!