IGNORED

Anyone else here hunt?

nhwoj
Note: This thread is 3030 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Took way too long for me to get a couple of the parts I needed.  Here is the build of my 6.8 SPCII complete, filmed in time lapse on my phone.  Sorry about the music, it just would have been way too boring without it and of course I had to add the silly factor in there as well.  Let's see, I think @14ledo81 may have been interested in this.  I will tag @David in FL and @Jakester23 as well.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wow!! Jason Bourne..... Pretty neat. Even at that speed, I learned something. Lot of work into the lower/trigger assembly.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Wow!! Jason Bourne.....

Pretty neat. Even at that speed, I learned something. Lot of work into the lower/trigger assembly.

Yeah the lower assembly is probably 80% of the work.  A lot of little parts.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

Beautiful build. Well done! :beer:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Beautiful build. Well done!

Thanks, I did it a bit back woods with no clamps or vice or roll pin punches but it turned out just fine.  I really like how it looks and It should make for a great hunting rifle.

Here are the twins:

Nate

I almost commented on no vice. Kids, don't try that at home! ;-)

In David's bag....

Took way too long for me to get a couple of the parts I needed.  Here is the build of my 6.8 SPCII complete, filmed in time lapse on my phone.  Sorry about the music, it just would have been way too boring without it and of course I had to add the silly factor in there as well.  Let's see, I think @14ledo81 may have been interested in this.  I will tag @David in FL and @Jakester23 as well.

That was really cool! Thanks for sharing. Nice looking gun for sure.

In the Bag:
:titleist: 913 D3 - 9.5* - Diamana Stiff 62g
:mizuno: MP 64s 3-PW - DGS300
:cleveland: CG12 52* & 56*
:tmade: Rosa

That was really cool! Thanks for sharing. Nice looking gun for sure.

Thanks, I had a blast building it(even if it was a bit back woods).  I just probably won't ever build another rifle so there is no point in paying a ton of money to get set up with all the proper tools for doing so.

Nate

So, I have been applying for a bear permit for the last 7 years.  There is plenty of bears in the northern part of the state, but the DNR gives out a limited number of tags.  With (relatively speaking) quite a few hunters in the southern part of the state applying, past history has proven it is a lengthy process to receive a tag.

I found out recently that I was selected!!!!!

I will update this thread with any information on my hunt this fall, but just wanted to share the good news...

:dance::banana:

-Matt-

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

So, I have been applying for a bear permit for the last 7 years.  There is plenty of bears in the northern part of the state, but the DNR gives out a limited number of tags.  With (relatively speaking) quite a few hunters in the southern part of the state applying, past history has proven it is a lengthy process to receive a tag.   I found out recently that I was selected!!!!! I will update this thread with any information on my hunt this fall, but just wanted to share the good news... :dance: :banana:

Nice! Congrats! Are you gonna do bow, rifle or how are you going to hunt?

Nate

So, I have been applying for a bear permit for the last 7 years.  There is plenty of bears in the northern part of the state, but the DNR gives out a limited number of tags.  With (relatively speaking) quite a few hunters in the southern part of the state applying, past history has proven it is a lengthy process to receive a tag.   I found out recently that I was selected!!!!! I will update this thread with any information on my hunt this fall, but just wanted to share the good news... :dance: :banana:

Very cool....Congratulations! Looking forward to hearing about the plans and hunt(s)!

In David's bag....

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14ledo81

So, I have been applying for a bear permit for the last 7 years.  There is plenty of bears in the northern part of the state, but the DNR gives out a limited number of tags.  With (relatively speaking) quite a few hunters in the southern part of the state applying, past history has proven it is a lengthy process to receive a tag.

I found out recently that I was selected!!!!!

I will update this thread with any information on my hunt this fall, but just wanted to share the good news...

Both. I would use a bow, but have a Desert Eagle .50 pistol handy just in case. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I plan on using a rifle. I want to stay back from the bait a ways. I am planning on trying to wait for a bigger one, so I do not want to educate them. I also hope to have someone sit with me and take video.

-Matt-

I plan on using a rifle. I want to stay back from the bait a ways. I am planning on trying to wait for a bigger one, so I do not want to educate them.

I also hope to have someone sit with me and take video.

Armed with GoPro and a Desert Eagle .50 of course!

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

[QUOTE name="14ledo81" url="/t/40909/anyone-else-here-hunt/198#post_1115230"] I plan on using a rifle. I want to stay back from the bait a ways. I am planning on trying to wait for a bigger one, so I do not want to educate them. I also hope to have someone sit with me and take video.[/QUOTE] Armed with GoPro and a Desert Eagle .50 of course!

They are not that big..... The old 308 should do the trick.

-Matt-

They are not that big.....

The old 308 should do the trick.

Yeah I got one with a bow and it did not go very far at all.  Good luck and have fun.

Nate

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14ledo81

I plan on using a rifle. I want to stay back from the bait a ways. I am planning on trying to wait for a bigger one, so I do not want to educate them.

I also hope to have someone sit with me and take video.

Armed with GoPro and a Desert Eagle .50 of course!

They are not that big.....

The old 308 should do the trick.

Yeah, I suppose a black bear is not that big, but they do have long claws.

In any case, this is really cool, please let us know how it turns out. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

• Administrator

Bare hands. Davy Crockett myth style. :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 3030 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!