IGNORED

Buying a course with my lotto money

Note: This thread is 5000 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

sigh.. yeah.. winning the lotto means never working again, not working my a## off trying to keep a golf course afloat.

agreed!!! I've had the same dreams about owning a marina.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

sigh.. yeah.. winning the lotto means never working again, not working my a## off trying to keep a golf course afloat.

Study after study shows that $1m + lottery winners are broke within 1-5 years.

But, with that being said, I would put my "Donald Trump" hat on, find me the perfect piece of dirt, in the perfect location, and build the exact course that I had always dreamed of.

Study after study shows that $1m + lottery winners are broke within 1-5 years.

yeah, cause most people that win the lotto aren't of a class enough anyway to know what to do with any extra money, much less $1 million +. they end up doing stupid things like taking everyone they know to disney world and end up spending $100k in a week. or something else stupid like buying a golf course.

*however*, you win the mega milions when its up near $300,000,000... then buy the stupid course.

In my Grom Stand bag:

Driver: Ping G20, 8.5 Tour Stiff
Wood/Hybrid: G20 3W, Raylor 19*, 22*
Irons: R9 5I - SW, TM CGB LW

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi-Mid

Favorites: Old Ranch (Seal Beach), Ike/Babe (Industry Hills), Skylinks (Long Beach), Desert Willow (Palm Desert)

• 4 weeks later...
No lotto win yet... still thinking of buying my course though... :)

In my Grom Stand bag:

Driver: Ping G20, 8.5 Tour Stiff
Wood/Hybrid: G20 3W, Raylor 19*, 22*
Irons: R9 5I - SW, TM CGB LW

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi-Mid

Favorites: Old Ranch (Seal Beach), Ike/Babe (Industry Hills), Skylinks (Long Beach), Desert Willow (Palm Desert)

Ahh I to have had the same dream, there is a links course on the west coast of Ireland called carne, it is the rawist most beautiful course I have ever had the pleasure to play, I would love to have it all to my self.
If any of u guys ever get to Ireland " this is the one must play golf course" I reccommend .

• 3 weeks later...

Suggestion for after you buy your golf couse with lotto winnings:

Have a Sand Trap Tourney, and allow your cyber-pals to play for free at the grand opening. Think of all the free publicity you will get!

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

I think our course is going to foreclosure auction and might sell for about $400K.  That's not too shabby of a price with a lot of potential.

Drivercleveland.gif Launcher 290XL with Miazaki C.Kua Fairway Woodcleveland.gif Launcher 15* 

Hybridsnickent.gif 4DX 17* and 20* Ironsnickent.gif  3DX Pro

Wedgesnickent.gif ARC 52*  mizuno.gif MP-T10 Black Satin 54-9, 60-5

Putterodyssey.gif Dual Force Rossie II Range Finder Tournament Edition 1600

Ski-U-Mah! 

My Lotto dream is not to own a golf course. My dream is to quit my job and to make golf my new "Job". I would go to the World Golf Hall of Fame, get professionally fitted with a brand new set of clubs and take at least 3 lessons a week in an attempt to drop a minimum of 10 strokes from my game.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...

I would make it my business to play the top 100 courses you can play as ranked by one of the national mags.  Then I'd do it again, and again, and again..........

Note: This thread is 5000 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!