IGNORED

Plastic Tee landing after driving....

Uncle Lau
Note: This thread is 4936 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've thought about this before, and...

Sure, on a well-struck ball, you should clip the tee and it will be pressed along the direction of the swing, but how it flies out of the ground is going to depend on a lot more than that. How deeply it's embedded in the ground, whether the ground is equally firm and level around it, etc, is all going to affect how it pops out. Other than gross problems, I don't think you can generalize much. If you don't touch it at all, you're hitting thin. If you dig it out of the ground, you're hitting fat. Beyond that, flying back is probably a good sign, but not flying back doesn't tell you very much.

this was my conclusion. If the club clips the tee and pulls it forward, how the tee reacts is going to depend on a lot of things. If the ground is loose, it's likely just going to get pulled out of the ground. If it is firm and the tee is deep, it will likely break. If the ground is firm and the tee is shallow, it might resist the clubhead's blow and become loosened enough to have the opposing force kick it out of the dirt after the clubhead passes by. But if any factor is off,

Assuming the pro's tees generally fly up/backward, my guess is that it's because they're playing on softer ground. Look at the divots they nicely carve out, that grass is well cared for. It's unlikely we have such perfect tee-popping conditions at our courses. If anything the tee tells you about the dirt, not that much about how the clubhead hit it. Even irregularities and clumps in the dirt can influence whether it flies left or right. Unless you see a ton of tees flying left or right, my guess is that you shouldn't draw any conclusions from it.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

How much less?

Enough less to not participate in the "debate"?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I played a round without using a golf ball. Just went out hitting divots, looking at where my lowpoint was, angle of the divot and of course which way the tees flew after impact. Shot an 87 IIRC.

outstanding. did you win any money??

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

I don't think it would pan out because of his utter lack of respect to Rule 5.

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

outstanding. did you win any money??

No, I don't gamble.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

WTF a golfer that doesn't hit a ball and doesn't gamble...do you find any difference in blades VS cavity backs and do they shape the T flight differently??

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

The tee tend to not fly as far back when using cavity backs. My theory is that the spring effect is less with a usually heavier clubhead.

A good thing about not hitting balls is that you'll never run the risk of losing any.

I do buy lottery tickets, does that count as gambling? Got nothing to do with my golfing though.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have heard at the local courses they are starting to ban the use of the plastic tee's due to the "maintenance issues they cause"

Burner 10.5: Driver
Burner 15: 3 Wood
Burner 22: Hybrid
Tour Action 6: 4-PW
Rac TP Black 52 & 60 Niblick 56 Rossa Imola 8 Pro V1 & Pro V1x Powerband Bag

I was always told growing up caddying that plastic tees mess up the mower blades and should never be used. Now it seems thats all they make...

Our greenkeepers told me its more likely that plastic tees can puncutre tires of the mowers. Hmmm.

Btw. Moe Norman got asked for how long his tee lasted once. He replied, 7 years - you are supposed to hit the ball, not the tee, dummy!

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

Btw. Moe Norman got asked for how long his tee lasted once. He replied, 7 years - you are supposed to hit the ball, not the tee, dummy!

#1 most overrated thing in golf-Moe Norman's "wit and wisdom."

I have heard at the local courses they are starting to ban the use of the plastic tee's due to the "maintenance issues they cause"

I can see them patting people down on the first tee. Ok boy, hand them over or else.

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

Note: This thread is 4936 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!