IGNORED

New Titleist VG3 Irons for 2011

Note: This thread is 4947 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

exactly. so they have some kind of "arrow" shape in the cavity...whatever. i won't be drooling over these by any means but i also wouldn't be calling them "ugly"

I actually think it's kind of brilliant.

For some guys this will be the arrow in the old cliche " . . . it's not the arrow". No, actually it is the arrow!

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I thought this was somewhat interesting. Survey was of 350 random Japanese golfers.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I recommend the Titleist Japan link. There are more photos (albeit small) from more angles. I can't see how someone who likes the Titleist AP1 and AP2 could have anything negative to say about these.

To be totally honest the first time I saw them in a magazine before release I was excited about them. When I saw them with my own eyes at the shop they looked very different and much bulkier at address, a feeling that persisted when I tried them at the driving range event. But to each his own. As I said, (and seeing those statistics from Stretch's post above) I think it's brilliant marketing from Acushnet Japan, but to my European eyes, the VG3 irons don't look "Titleist". Even the AP series at address look more classic than that.

Looked at the specs:

Club #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 PW
Loft 22..24..27..30..34..39..44
Lng 61 62 62.5 63 63.5 64 64

Why no bend the 6i one degree strong, and dump the 5i?

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

I recommend the Titleist Japan link. There are more photos (albeit small) from more angles. I can't see how someone who likes the Titleist AP1 and AP2 could have anything negative to say about these.

WRONG. I play ap1's and I could give a isht what any of the pros play. I dont play anything like them. Also I play AP1's and I love the look of them well above any other GI iron with miz being a close second.

I usually could give 2 ishts how a club looks. I care how things work. And dont give me the crap about inspiring confidence. Golf club manufacturers have been banking on that phrase for too long. That being said about caring more about function rather than form I wouldnt allow these in the trunk of my car in a friends bag with the rainvcover on. They are that butt ufck ugly. Yeah there may be others uglier but I dont expect such nasty looking stuff from Titleist. I hope they stay in Japan As far as your stats, it reminded me of this. 80% of teenage boys admit to beating off. 20% lie. You can take 25% of the guys who said they shoot between 80-89 and move them to the 90-99 group and move a quarter of the 90-99 guys to the over 100 group. And not cuz theyre japanese. Because they're golfers. the 48 guys who admit to shooting 100-109 are probably the only honest bunch in the group. Hell I bet 20% in the 80-89 group are sandbagging. lol

"My greatest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my golf clubs for what I told her I paid for them."
What's in my SQ Tour Carry bag?:
Driver: R7 Quad 9.5*
3, 5 Wood: G5 clones
Irons: : AP1 (4-PW) Wedges: 52*, 56*, 62* Spin Milled Putter: White Hot 2 Ball BladeBalls: Shoes: My...

WRONG. I play ap1's and I could give a isht what any of the pros play. I dont play anything like them. Also I play AP1's and I love the look of them well above any other GI iron with miz being a close second.

Nice rant. I've seen the AP1s - only in the store though - nevery played with anyone who had them in the bag and I gotta say, those Japanese ones sure don't look any worse than the AP1s. Helll, is that even possible? lolz n shit.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Probably a good reason why it's not for sale over here. I'd like to see them in person though, before passing my final judgment.

I agree about the mizunos. In pictures they are ok looking, but when you see them in person and hold them they are some of the best quality clubs in the store. Thats how it was with the new mp's that are out, when I saw a few pictures of them on the site I wasnt that impressed. Seeing them in person I saw a great quality club.

Im not too impressed with the Titleist irons pictured in this thread tho

I agree about the mizunos. In pictures they are ok looking, but when you see them in person and hold them they are some of the best quality clubs in the store. Thats how it was with the new mp's that are out, when I saw a few pictures of them on the site I wasnt that impressed. Seeing them in person I saw a great quality club.

I saw all the new Mizunos in the store, and while they look better than they did in online pics, I still prefer the look of your MP-32s to any of the new offerings.

WRONG. I play ap1's and I could give a isht what any of the pros play.

So....you're admitting that you care about what pros play and what others think.

Or do you write "could" when you mean "couldn't"?

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Nice rant. I've seen the AP1s - only in the store though - nevery played with anyone who had them in the bag and I gotta say, those Japanese ones sure don't look any worse than the AP1s. Helll, is that even possible? lolz n shit.

You think so even at address?

Maybe I'm the minority here but I don't stare at the back cavity of my AP1s all day long. I usually look at them when I'm about to hit them, i.e. at address, and my comments on the looks are mainly about that.

You think so even at address?

I'm exiting this discussion before I offend somebody.

Note: This thread is 4947 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!