IGNORED

Men using ladies golf irons...taboo....???

Uncle Lau
Note: This thread is 4935 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

During a recent golf range practise, i had a chance to try some of the ladies pink and blue irons and woods sets.

To my surprised it very easy to hit and the distance i gain is not bad...

So does the rules allow men to used ladies sets to play social and medals tournament ???

Will i be a laughing stock ?

During a recent golf range practise, i had a chance to try some of the ladies pink and blue irons and woods sets.

Don't know about the rules but a few years ago I bought a 7 wood at a garage sale. Didn't realize it was a women's club at the time. But it was the best 200 yard club I ever had and I would still be using is except my sister-in-law talked me out of it. They will only laugh until you empty their wallets.

Butch

Agree and pretty sure as long as the club is otherwise compliant, specs don't matter.

I think Fred Couples once used a ladies 3 wood, reshafted to his specs of course, to great effect.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Some of the ladies' clubs models have both blue and pink trim available. Might want to choose blue.

There's no rule against men using women's clubs, as long as you don't exceed 14 clubs in your bag.

Years ago (1940s??), some male players used super flexible "buggy whip" shafts on their drivers for extra distance. Supposedly you had to swing slowly and smoothly so as to "crack the whip" properly and not hit a super hook.

Nicklaus talks about it in Golf My Way.
http://books.google.com/books?id=n4r...hip%22&f;=false

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I wouldn't play ladies irons...but I wouldn't mind a set of forged blades with Pink paintfill...just sayin. haha.

Driver - Cobra S3 9.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon JavlnFX M7 
Fwy - Titleist 904F 18*
Irons - Mizuno MP-14
Wedges - Cleveland 588 54*, Ping Tour 58*
Putter - Ping D66 (iWi)

As dbuck said, as long as they're compliant, it doesn't matter. If memory serves me correctly, years ago a touring pro used a Precept Lady ball and (I think) actually won the tournament (on the Buy.com Tour?) with it. So, if it's legal and it works better for you, why not?

As far as pink shafts on your clubs, well, Bubba Watson is one of the longer players on the tour today and he's got a pink shaft in his driver. So, I don't think you'd get too much grief for playing pink-shafted women's clubs and a golf ball marketed towards women especially if you got serious game. However, I would strongly suggest leaving the hair ribbons and skorts at home--even if you can shoot scratch or below.

:titleist: :scotty_cameron:
915D3 / 712 AP2 / SC Mont 1.5

My first set of clubs I bought for myself were a $100 complete set of Dunlop DDH clubs from Big 5. I played a good 15+ rounds with them before I noticed that on the fine print of the shaft band that they were ladies clubs. I bought a set of Callaway x18r's the same day...haha. They played OK, but once I started using mens clubs, I could immediately tell the differences in weight/flexes and began striking the ball noticebly better.

I'd swing ladies' clubs if I could play like some of the ladies at our club. Amanda played to a 6 while pregnant. That
s from the men's white tees.

Taylormade Driver HT
Taylormade 3 HT

Mcgregor 7w
Vulcan irons 5-P
Solus 53 61

Vokey 56

Scotty Caneron Flange/ Ping Cushin

Srixon ZStar

71 gold tees

bring cash

By all means, yes, you will be much less of a man. Hang your head in shame.

Seriously though, difference between "ladies" clubs and "mens" clubs is usually nothing more that shaft flex. I would consider a can of spray paint if you plan on hitting pink clubs.

Geomax 16 reg - driver
G10 17 4 wood reg
Sumo2 20 hybrid Reg
MX-100 4h, 5h, 6-gap Reg
MP T 10 56.10, 60.08Bullseye putter

I had two matching 3 woods (bargain bin club) for years-one with a regular flex shaft, one with a ladies' flex. When the regular flex broke I switched to the ladies' flex, and used it as my 3 wood for a few years.

To my surprised it very easy to hit and the distance i gain is not bad...

Of course you are allowed to play them. But shouldnt your decision making with irons go more towards how accurate you are with them instead of just how much distance you gain? You probably gain more distance cuz the shaft is more whippy, but then you have the tradeoff to lose accuracy. I know we men have this ego thing going - you hit 7 iron into the 170 par 3, my "thingy" is bigger so i´ll try to muscle in an 8 - but unfortunately this completly misses the point of an iron in your hand.

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

Note: This thread is 4935 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!