IGNORED

What Putter do you use?

Note: This thread is 4770 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ping iWi 1/2 Craz-E Putter

Bag: SunMountain KG:3 Cart Bag
Driver: Titleist 913 D3

Fairway: Nike VR_S Covert Tour 3

Hybrid: Nike VR_S Covert 3
Wedges: 51° ,55°, 59° Trusty Rusty

Irons: Adams CMB
Putter: TM Ghost Spider

Glove: LeviTee Golf Glove

Shoe: True LinksWear Sensei, Proto

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1. I picked it up used for about $125 a few years ago. I've had a SC California Del Mar and a Studio Select 2.6, but keep going back to the Studio Design.

Old school - Ping Pal (no inserts, no counterbalance "wings", no psychedelic alignment aides)

But I do have my eye on a new Karsten series Ping Anser putter.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

Odyssey White Ice #9
best part...i won it in a tournament (well a$150 GC) and was fitted for this putter
it just screams confidence..........excopt i got it too close to the end of the year and only putt with it for about 6 rounds
with more time, i know this putter will take strokes off my game

my distance control has never been better - combo of the reduced loft, heavy at 355gms and good feeling insert

my only 2 griefs...the grip blows and standard blade headcovers always fall off it
i have found one that actually "clips" on the shaft tho and it seems to work great

thinking PING MAN blackout or a IOmic......not sure yet
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

i often wonder why I dont see anyone playing the odyssey tour design putter and they are black. I demod one at the golf store and the weighting on it was excellent.

In the past couple seasons I don't recall seeing more than a couple Camerons, but haven't been actively looking either. I played in more than one group this season where every player was gaming an Odyssey of some sort and I was also the odd man out in a group of guys all using PINGs.

Is it possible that people who want a milled face putter don't tend to think of Odyssey? I don't. I used one for about 1/2 an hour at Golf Town, but their insert putters feel better to me. The milled face putter felt like my Cleveland Classic 2, but with a better grip.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I play three putters, depending on my mood. Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #3, Scotty Cameron California Del Mar, Ping Redwood Answer. This will seem like a very odd reason why I have several putters, I'm no Jack Nicklaus or Tiger Woods on the greens, but I would give any of them a run for their money. I find switching putters makes me concentrate more to proof to myself that I am a good putter and I can putt with anything. Last summer was one of my best summers ever on the green I had some very hot streaks, 9 putts on 9 holes with the Circa 62, 12 putts on 9 holes with the Del Mar, and 11 putts on nine holes with the Ping. In those streaks there was at least a 30 ft putt holed on every 9.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

I am using a 33" Scotty Cali Del Mar, which I believe is 360 grams.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I practice with a forged blade putter without alignment aids and still use it occasionally (George Lowe Sportsman Original 600 - mint condition with original leather grip).

My main putter is a Wilson copy of the Original 600. When I am putting well it almost swings itself-not that I am that great but I put better with it than anything else. I have a couple of Pings I use when I am not playing as much-both have alignment lines. I was in a used golf shop the other day and played with a few Scotty's. A couple of them I made 3 out of 3 from 8-10 feet. They were still around 180 used, but this guy will usually negotiate a bit. Thinking of saving my quarters and picking up a used one.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Just been through the process of purchasing a complete new set.

I spent the most time on the driver and putter...as you would. Hit a shirt load of putters and desperately wanted to get a SC...as you would.

Every SC putter I hit felt like I was putting with a sledge hammer. Never felt the sensation before....was very disappointed.

Ended up with a White Hot XG #9. Couldn't be happier. Brilliant distance control, easy to line up and sweet off the face. 5 stars!...well 4.5. The only issue I have is with the cover. Badly designed. Got the hard things right and the simplist thing, that has nothing to do with the putting - wrong!

A) You need to hit alot of different clubs.
B) Whatever works for you.
C) It's the indian, not the arrow.
D) A 5 wood, 19* hybrid or a lob wedge.

My main putter is a Wilson copy of the Original 600. When I am putting well it almost swings itself-not that I am that great but I put better with it than anything else. I have a couple of Pings I use when I am not playing as much-both have alignment lines. I was in a used golf shop the other day and played with a few Scotty's. A couple of them I made 3 out of 3 from 8-10 feet. They were still around 180 used, but this guy will usually negotiate a bit. Thinking of saving my quarters and picking up a used one.

My George Lowe (with a Ram shaft so I don't know for sure who makes them) was used, I paid too much, and I sank a lot of putts with it so who cares about an extra $40 after 15 years of use?

I sure wouldn't worry about looking like a poser gaming a Scotty Cameron putter. Most average golfers don't even know they're highly sought after. As long as you don't spend more on the headcover than the putter, I'd say go for it. If I didn't already have too many putters I'd probably keep an eye out for a used one.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I'm currenntly using an old Odyssey Dual force blade. A friend gave it to me when he moved. It sat around for a bit until I had it cut/regripped to fit me. I started using it and fell in love. It just feels right and the fit is right ( I'm very short )

Having said that I've long had my eye on an Odyssey # 9 White Hot Tour ( I like the finish ) and as prices fall and I sit all winter with no golf, we'll see what I end up using next year.

I used to play an Odyssey 2-Ball with a Golf Pride USA Rivalry grip turned 90 degrees with the flat part towards the face of the putter, but I have recently switched to a Cleveland Classic #4. I read a lot of reviews about it and people somewhat compared it to a Scotty Cameron, but of course for less money. The feel of it is great and the ball starts to roll right off of the face. I did put another Golf Pride USA Rivalry grip on it, but it is positioned normally.

Use a Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport Mid, from like '04 or '05, Switching to the Rossa Daytona Ghost soon. My Scotty's headcover has a T surrounded by a near-complete circle, does anybody know what this means?

What's in my Mit-E Lite Stand Bag:
Driver: R9 460 9.5° Stiff Flex
3-Wood: Burner '07 Stiff Flex
Hybrid: Idea A3 4-Hybrid 22°
Irons: X-18 4-PW, Lamkin-Michelin OCS Tour GripsWedges: CG15 52°-56°-60° Normal BouncePutter: Pro Platinum Newport Mid SlantBall: Penta TP

Just been through the process of purchasing a complete new set.

couldnt agree more...it aLWAYS falls off

i have this putter cover now inside the cover, it has a "clip" that is covered by the same material inside the cover it literally clips on to the shaft of the putter, and VOILA! it NEVER comes off now and it was like $6 on ebay
Use a Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport Mid, from like '04 or '05, Switching to the Rossa Daytona Ghost soon. My Scotty's headcover

i hope your joking..........

if your not, your sitting on about a $500+ putter cover bro Tour issue only and worth more than the putters itself sometimes
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

Ping Anser 4 - 34" - from the mid-nineties.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Note: This thread is 4770 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!