IGNORED

The strangest part of my game is....

Bryan SD2
Note: This thread is 4924 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I guess I'm way way out there as I still have a 1 and 2 iron in the bag. Since I haven't played in so long I can't say that I will still hit the 1 iron although I have been hitting it at the range.

Steve

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use the 10 finger grip on everything except for my putter. I have my own concocted grip for that, [right handed swing] which involves my left pointer finger being fully extended down the grip. My right hand grips the club as well as my left pointer finger and I putt away...weirdest putting grip ever, but it's the least of my worries when it comes to missing putts

I use the same grip for putting. That's weird!

I have also, never bought a golf ball. My dad gave me a dozen Pro V1's a couple of weeks ago, and I was kind of thinking "why did you waste that money?" I guess the strangest thing about my game is I play about 3-5 times a year, but honestly, I play the same just about evey time. 77-82 every round I can remember over the last few years, except the last time I played (the only round this year, other than 3 scrambles) I shot a 75. It was a short course, but I really played well tee-to-green. Had 14 birdie putts and an eagle putt, but ended up with only 1 birdie. Maybe I should change my putting grip?!?!?

I guess I'm way way out there as I still have a 1 and 2 iron in the bag. Since I haven't played in so long I can't say that I will still hit the 1 iron although I have been hitting it at the range.

I had a 1 iron in the bag until two years ago... I still have a deuce.

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

I never, no matter how scorching hot it is, wear shorts. Hate the look...never will.

Funny, I'm the exact opposite - I wear shorts until it's so cold that I

have to put long pants on!

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

---Part of the reason I have a specific ball-marking system is that I tee the ball up with the logo facing the same direction every time. It started off as a visual cue from an instructor and turned into an obsession

me too!!!!

I always mark by ball w 3 small dots under the logo and this part of the ball MUST ALWAYS be facing out from the tee (facing the fwy/green ahead) couple others..... 3 tees (and always 3 tees at all times) in right pocket and ball mark and divot replair in the left glove always goes in back right pocket after each shot and not used to putt with either ive never had a proper lesson until 4 weeks ago....a few "tunes ups", but never a lesson.....my swing is a mess!! hahaha!
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

Well since I have been spin balancing balls (see the thread on it, I do not want to explain it) I need to point the line in the direction I hit and putt. If I don't I feel like I am not putting out all my effort to do the best I can and I am lacking confidence in the shot. I am sure it doesn't matter except in my mental outlook. Secondly, I dramatically improve in one aspect of my game and immediately another part suffers so I my scores always end up the same. Go figure.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

You should play golf (or baseball) in Canada. Guys wearing shorts and a parka is a common sight.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

- I always mark my ball with a single green dot (green sharpie - has to be the same shade!) just to the right of the number. I don't like it when others don't mark their ball.
- My clubs must be in order - there's a certain "path" they take as you follow the order through the bag. It's on purpose. I don't care at all if a buddy wants to hit one of my clubs. I VERY much care if they don't put it back in the right spot.
- I never remove my glove to putt. I just don't think about it. I'm concentrating on other things.
- If I'm just off the green I'll always chip instead of putt. I have a much better chance of draining the chip too. I have a very hard time judging speed through the fringe and I'm far more likely to misjudge the putt big then misjudge the chip. I hole a fair number of shots from just off the green (I average almost 1 chip-in per round).
- People always apologize for making noise or moving during my swing. Listen people - I don't care at all. I have ZERO focus on you or anything outside my shot. Whatever you did, its not interrupting me. (But please don't do anything on purpose; thats just rude. But no need to apologize profusely for a mistake. I very much doubt it affected my shot). Thats probably more of a pet peeve then an oddity of my game.

In the bag:
Driver:  Burner 10.5* Stiff     ||    3 Wood:  Burner 13* Stiff     ||     Hybrids:  Slingshot 17*, 21*, 24* Utility

Irons:  MX-300 5-PW     ||     Gap & Sand Wedge:  Spin-Milled Black Nickel 52.08* / 58.08*

Putter:  VP-09 Blade 33"     ||     Ball:  Penta TP

It's honestly probably just because all the tour players have to wear pants but yeah, I definitely feel like I play better when I'm dressed more professionally and walking vs shorts on riding.

No idea, I just feel more focused.

Waiting out the 2 feet of snow that just dropped on the course....

You should play golf (or baseball) in Canada. Guys wearing shorts and a parka is a common sight.

I can completely see that! When the weather starts cooling down (keep in mind that "cooling down" for us means in the 50-60*F range), I'm often in shorts with a sweatshirt. I absolutely refuse to put on long pants until I have to. Our summers are in the 110-120*F range from June-October, and I spend that entire time in shorts or swim trunks, flip-flops and tank tops....my only concession will be on the golf course where I'll resort to shorts and a collared shirt. I still can't bring myself to wear golf sandals, even though I've seen them in stores....just doesn't seem right to me.

I always mark my ball with a single green dot (green sharpie - has to be the same shade!) just to the right of the number. I don't like it when others don't mark their ball...

Mine are always marked with 5 black sharpie dots in the shape of a 'V', directly over the logo on both sides of the ball.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

I guess the strangest thing about my game is I play about 3-5 times a year, but honestly, I play the same just about evey time. 77-82 every round I can remember over the last few years, except the last time I played (the only round this year, other than 3 scrambles) I shot a 75. It was a short course, but I really played well tee-to-green. Had 14 birdie putts and an eagle putt, but ended up with only 1 birdie.

You being serious?

What's in my bag:
Driver: taylormade.gifBurner 09 Stiff 9.5*
Fairway Woods: adams.gifRPM Low Profile 3 & 5
Irons: mizuno.gifMP 57 - 3-PW Project X 5.5
Wedges: wilson.gifREG. 588 54* &cleveland.gif 60*Putter: ping.gifAnserBall: titleist.gifProV1x Home Course: Forest Ridge Golf Club

I guess the strangest thing about my game is I play about 3-5 times a year, but honestly, I play the same just about evey time. 77-82 every round I can remember over the last few years, except the last time I played (the only round this year, other than 3 scrambles) I shot a 75. It was a short course, but I really played well tee-to-green. Had 14 birdie putts and an eagle putt, but ended up with only 1 birdie.

My dad is the same way. He plays maybe 4 times a year max, but he's a very consistent low 80s shooter.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I use the same grip for putting. That's weird!

I know how irritating is to be called out, but I smell BS here. Are you the "I am going to say stuff contradicts everything about golf" just to make people crazy guy?

Wow, didn't know so many people play with the baseball grip.

My weird thing is more mental. When I think about what I do with my breathing when I swing, I get obsessive and lose it out there. It's been a problem for about a year now, but just can't solve it.

Wow, didn't know so many people play with the baseball grip.

I have always loved asking people before they hit, "Do you breathe in or out when you swing".....it works the majority of the time too

No, it's not BS. I played the best round I have ever played, tee-to-green. Hit 14 greens, made one 6 foot putt. Three putted the 18th for a par. I just had a great day with the driver. And like I said, It's a short course. I hit a bunch of wedges to greens. Had chips to the other 3 par 5's. If I could putt well, it would have been a dream round.

I understand that some people can hide behind a computer monitor and make stuff up, but I really don't feel that need. Believe me, I am extremely thankful that I learned at a young age, and put in a lot of time when I was younger. In the recent years that I haven't played much, I still may grab a club and swing once in a while. I'm also very thankful that I have very good coordination. Most sports come pretty easily.

If I was going to BS, I would have been much more creative. I still have never had a hole-in-one, and have only eagled one par four.

Note: This thread is 4924 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!