IGNORED

The strangest part of my game is....

Bryan SD2
Note: This thread is 4924 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Funny, I'm the exact opposite - I wear shorts until it's so cold that I

Me too. I guess my wrinkle is that I hate to tuck my shirt into my shorts, which most fancy clubs here insist on. Just feels dorky and wrong. So I'll put on a belt and tee off in the approved manner and then liberate my shirt tail immediately once out of sight of the starter.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too. I guess my wrinkle is that I hate to tuck my shirt into my shorts, which most fancy clubs here insist on. Just feels dorky and wrong. So I'll put on a belt and tee off in the approved manner and then liberate my shirt tail immediately once out of sight of the starter.

I concur, I never did tuck mine in and no one ever said boo to me. It is dorky, wrong and bad style tucking them in.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I concur, I never did tuck mine in and no one ever said boo to me. It is dorky, wrong and bad style tucking them in.

I agree also...tucking the shirt in with shorts is both dorky and bad style. Might as well put on a bowtie and pocket protector too!

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

I play with my glove on...all 18 holes...never taking it off.

I put my glove on on the first tee and it never comes off my hand until I'm done with the round. I putt with it, I drive with it, i chip with it, etc, etc.

Let's see... I don't think I have anything particularly strange, but I got some quirks for sure...

I refuse to wear a hat while golfing. I think it derived from my father ALWAYS wearing a hat while he played, but I feel so uncomfortable with one while on the course. Oddly enough, I'm perfectly fine wearing visors on really sunny days. Even when my entire golf team is wearing Somers Golf hats, I won't.

I hold my exact follow through position until the ball hits stops moving or goes out of sight. I won't relax a second earlier. My buddies say it's as if I'm posing for a picture.

I consistently shoot my handicap... Don't go to far above or below. (Doesn't seem odd, but it is!)

The flop shot is my go-to choice for approach shots over chips.

Uhhh... I think that's it? I guess I'm pretty normal.

Definitely the position of things in my pockets. If my glove, tee, marker, divot tool, and ball (when walking between holes) aren't in their respective spot, I feel off balance. Also I need to have me own score card, even when playing with a group, that has a row for score, fairway hit, green in regulation, and putts. I also believe that my new hat that I bought got my swing on plane.

l Bag l TaylorMade Stand Bag

l Driver l TaylorMade '07 Burner 9.5* l 3-Wood l Titleist 910F 15* (D1 shaft setting)

l Hybrids l TaylorMade '07 Burner 19* : TaylorMade '10 Rescue 22*

l Irons l TaylorMade r7 5-PW l Wedges l Titleist Bob Vokey 52* 56* 60*

l Putter l Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34" l Balls l TaylorMade Penta TP

Definitely the position of things in my pockets. If my glove, tee, marker, divot tool, and ball (when walking between holes) aren't in their respective spot, I feel off balance. Also I need to have me own score card, even when playing with a group, that has a row for score, fairway hit, green in regulation, and putts. I also believe that my new hat that I bought got my swing on plane.

Say....where'd ya get that hat.....

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I am a pretty accomplished player (All-State in HS Soph, Jr & Sr year, Play D I college golf and was an All-American, gave the tour a two year shot with limited success)...yet I have never had a hole-in-one. Come very, very close on many occasions. Still hoping though.

titleist.gif Titleist 910 D3 - Project X 6.0 7C3 Shaft  |  adams.gif Adams XTD Super Hybrid - 15 degrees  
adams.gif Adams Idea Pro A12 Hybrid - 18 degrees 
Adams CB2 - KBS Tour Shafts - 4 - PW
vokey.gif Vokey 54.10 Oil Can  |  vokey.gif Vokey 60.07 Oil Can  |  rife.gif Rife Trinidad - SuperStroke

Say....where'd ya get that hat.....

I mean it's probably more the fact that I went with a new instructor the day before I bought the hat but you never know ;)

l Bag l TaylorMade Stand Bag

l Driver l TaylorMade '07 Burner 9.5* l 3-Wood l Titleist 910F 15* (D1 shaft setting)

l Hybrids l TaylorMade '07 Burner 19* : TaylorMade '10 Rescue 22*

l Irons l TaylorMade r7 5-PW l Wedges l Titleist Bob Vokey 52* 56* 60*

l Putter l Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34" l Balls l TaylorMade Penta TP

I don't mark any putt under 5 feet. I just step up and bang em' in at an insane rate.. But, 5f I have to mark and take my time, I'm nowhere near as proficient.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

Note: This thread is 4924 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!