IGNORED

Most hated, golfers you dislike..

Clubswinger21
Note: This thread is 4641 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I would have to say Lee Travino. I saw him at a golf tournament when I was in highschool and asked him for an autograph. He totally blew me off. The sad thing was that he wasn't even playing in the tournament. He was just sitting in a cart doing nothing.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take offense to the "annoying" southern accent comment. I'm sick and tired of southern people being assumed to be stupid or rednecks simply because of an accent. It's ridiculous and should have no bearing on someone's view of another golfer. I may think Bostonians and Canadians sound funny/different, but it's not on my list of reasons to dislike someone.

Ok ok, Its funny how you just qouted the annoying southern accent part of why i dislike them as players. When the fact is that only adds to the fact i dislike them as players.. truly, i dislike them because they're boring to watch and play with no emotion. Chad Campbells swing makes me cringe because im scared his spine will pop out of his back everytime he jams the club in the ground, and that stupid little smirk and slanty eyes, rival Phil Mickelson for stupidity on ones face.. I appologize to you and all the other hicks i have offended.. its a stereo type that everyone thinks southern folk are dumb.. you have your president to thank for that =).. People make fun of Canadians all the time and i could careless.. dont take it to heart, they're just words.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

Ok ok, Its funny how you just qouted the annoying southern accent part of why i dislike them as players. When the fact is that only adds to the fact i dislike them as players.. truly, i dislike them because they're boring to watch and play with no emotion. Chad Campbells swing makes me cringe because im scared his spine will pop out of his back everytime he jams the club in the ground, and that stupid little smirk and slanty eyes, rival Phil Mickelson for stupidity on ones face.. I appologize to you and all the other hicks i have offended.. its a stereo type that everyone thinks southern folk are dumb.. you have your president to thank for that =)..

You seem like one angry mofo. BTW, George W. Bush was born and raised in Connecticut and went to Yale. He was a punk ass loser before he moved to Texas. So don't blame the South for our president being a dumb shithead.

Driver:Titleist 905T 10.5, Aldila NV 65S
Fairway: Titleist 906f2 18, Aldila NV 75S
Hybrid: Titleist 585H 21, Aldila NV85S
Irons: Titleist 735, DG R300
Wedges: Titleist Vokey 52, 56, 60 DG S200Putter: Odyssey White Hot Tour #8

I am angry, angry at the fact people like you find it necessary to turn a thread about disliking certain golfers, into facts about where your stupid president went school before he managed to wiesel his way in to presidency. Im actually quite jovial in my post's, the guy who was upset about my post's seems angry though.

904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2

To bring this post back on topic, I'm going to say...

TIGER WOODS

Come on now, someone had to say it...

Right?

In My Bag:

Taylormade: Superquad 9.5 Aldila VS Proto 'By You' 70-S
Sonartec: SS-07 14.0 Aldila NV 85-S
Cleveland: Halo, 3i UST Irod 83-SPing: i-10 4-UW AWT-STitleist: Vokey Design Spin Milled 54.10 & 60.08Slighter: Handstamped Tacoma, 350G in Black Satin w/Sound Slot

I appologize to you and all the other hicks i have offended

You realize "hicks" is a derogatory term, right? If you are going to categorize all southerners or those with southern accents as "hicks", your apology is not accepted. You have every right to not like golfers or anyone for any reason, including their accent. Do not, however funny you think you are being, lump all southerers in to a category of stupid hicks.

On Topic- Ben Crane takes the vote. How long can it take to play. I followed him around at the Open some, and he just kills you with how long it takes to swing. I'm also tired of Furyk's putting. Stand over the ball, walk away, etc.........
In The Bag
Ping Rapture 10.5* Aldila Proto 65-S
Sonartec SS 3.5 19* 5W Fuji Tour Platform Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 3-PW
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54.10*, 60.04*Odyssey White Hot 2 BallTitleist Pro V1x

First off, this hick is proud of being a hick, and guys like Chad Campbell and Lucas Glover help make the PGA Tour better. I could care less if someone says something derogatory though. It just shows how classless they truly are.

As for the topic, I don't hate any PGA Tour golfer. None of them have ever done anything bad towards me, so hating any of them would be ridiculous. I just have guys I cheer for and guys I don't cheer for, and that's not really a like/dislike thing.

The golfers at the top of my "don't cheer for" list are Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson, and Vijay Singh. Yeah, basically three of the world's best. I respect all of them a great deal because of how great they are, but I still don't have to cheer for them.

I never really pay attention to Stephen Ames, so he isn't at the top of my list. He hasn't done enough in the sport to take too seriously. And I highly disliked Rory Sabbatini after what he did to Ben Crane last season, but I've gotten over it now. I don't cheer for the guy, but I don't dislike him anymore. He did it, and he should be forgiven finally.

How anyone could put Tom Lehman on this list is beyond me, but I'm sure some people feel that way about me having Tiger, Phil, Vijay, etc. on the list. It's just a difference of opinions I suppose.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Its just hard for me to take this seriously, other than the thread topic i never used the word hate, despite what i say i respect any golfers skill. "Most Hated" was a figure of speech.. Im not a fan of your accents just like im not a fan of an Australian accent, or south african accent, Ernie Els sounds like the cookie monster.. does that mean i hate South African's or think every south african sounds like the cookie monster, no. I never said anything about hating all southerners and to call me classless is just an over exageration of topic that seems to be more sensitive than i thought. Truly, i am sorry if i offended anyone.

Back on topic, I dislike Tiger for that fact i want to see anyone step up and beat him.

904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2

To be an equal oppertunity hater I will give one from each team (U.S., Europe and International) These are in order of my hatred for them.

1. Vijay: He is an ass. Half the time he opens his mouth, stupid stuff comes flying out.

2. Sergio: I'm so tired of his antics. He is a phenom at the Ryder Cup and I'm sure that ads to it.

3. Phil: The guy is a phoney and an arrogant prick. He has rapidly climbed the list since I cheered for his first Masters win.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

There has been a favorite golfer thread but what golfers do you just not like as a player, or in terms of their dimeanor, attitude on the course, swing etc.

Hi

I noticed your handicap was 5-10 , is that 5 righthanded and 10 lefthanded. or do you just choose a handicap between 5 to 10 depending how you feel on a particular day. I think this idea could catch on.

i hate phil mickleson.... everything about him....i cant stand watchin him play.... and i hope i never see his fat ass on tv again...

thats about it ... everyone else is good with me
cept tiger... bastard only plays like 20 tourneys a year

I don't have a problem with him not giving an autograph, that's his right and I respect it. It was a Tuesday practice round so it wasn't like he was asking in the middle of a tournament round. I just thought he was a bit of a jerk for stopping and saying that instead of just walking by.

Amen to the Palmer quote. I think it's something atheletes constantly forget.

That's also great about what the guy said about Brett when he refused to sign an autograph. Serves him right. Who do I hate? John Daly for starters. He an idiot (see the Daly-bashing post I put up under the "Latest Chapter in the John Daly Story" thread.) And, I've heard from my buddy on Tour (and his caddie, my roommate) that Stewart Cink is a jerk. I've heard he's throws tantrums and acts like he something better than he is...
"Hit 'em hard - they'll land somewhere." - Stewart Maiden

In the Bag:

Driver: R480, 10.5*, Graphite5 Wood: R540 XD, 17.5*, GraphiteIrons: Big Bertha 4-10 + GW, SSWedge: 56*, Chrome, SSPutter: White HotBall: HX Hot

3. Phil: The guy is a phoney and an arrogant prick. He has rapidly climbed the list since I cheered for his first Masters win.

Do you know Phil personally? Have a falling out? Stab you in the back?

905R 9.5˚ - UST Proforce V2
904F 15˚ - YS-6
695cb 3-PW Dynamic Gold S300
Vokey SM54.14 and SM60.08
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Pro V1x / Pro V1Cyberbilt

Hi

To answer your question I dont have a handicap, i can play left handed but very poorly. I could lie and give an exact # to the .001, or i could simply say that any given day i'll shoot some where in between those numbers. 10 being a bad day, 5 or lower being a good day.

shame on the guy who hates john daly.

904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2

what about Colin Montogmerie....he's the prick of all pricks....way beyond not signing autographs or boasting his own abilities....he's gone as far as to throw tees at teenage kids who PAID to watch him play.....by the way he made birdie on the hole that the kid RUINED for him...

if i were given the chance i could easily shoot him in the face several times with a high caliber pistol.....i don't have the tolerance for shit like that.....

colins the worst person to have never won a major.....it will always be that way.

I'm not sure how I left John Daly off my list, but he is actually at the top of my dislike list. At least the guys I mentioned give it their all every time out. Daly has his great tournaments once a year or so, but overall, he is a disgrace to the PGA Tour.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shame on me then.

"Hit 'em hard - they'll land somewhere." - Stewart Maiden

In the Bag:

Driver: R480, 10.5*, Graphite5 Wood: R540 XD, 17.5*, GraphiteIrons: Big Bertha 4-10 + GW, SSWedge: 56*, Chrome, SSPutter: White HotBall: HX Hot

Note: This thread is 4641 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!