IGNORED

Titleist Spin Milled Vokey Oil/Chrome/Nickel. Differences!???

MioDiMia
Note: This thread is 4642 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello everyone
I'm an Hp 29 and i've just bought a new set of irons (Mizuno MX-100 To Burner XD) and now i found myself without a sandwedge.
I've thinking about buying a new sandwedge for a long time and now i've got the reason xD.
My last sand was a Mizuno MX-100 perimethral.
I was looking for something "thin" to across better behind the ball. Something smoother than my Mizuno MX-100.
My teacher said my last sandwedge was ok but when we played together i didn't want to use mine but used a blade Titleist from a friend of mine saying mine sucks xD.
Anyway i was thinking about Titleist Vokey but i can't understand the difference between the 3 choiches:
Titleist Spin Milled Vokey Oil Can Wedge
Titleist Spin Milled Vokey Tour Chrome Wedge
Titleist Spin Milled Vokey Black Nickel Wedge
Apparently they look like the same iron, just changing material, or worst, just the color.
Could somebody explain me which are the differences if they exist?

They are the same, just with different finishes and platings.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

They are the same, just with different finishes and platings.

But which one feels the best? PS. LOLZ

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

But which one feels the best?

They all suck because they aren't forged.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

• 8 months later...

Think it's personal what is the best or feel the best,

just give them a try, have the tour chrome version,

i like them most because of the traditional look and color.

pretty hard to say using a white driver i know, but in irons and wedges

the traditional look just makes me more comfortable.

But than it's your own choise on what you like most.

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

There have been rumours that because the Oil Can finish (the finish I chose) rusts intentionally that it would give more spin. I can't attest to it solely because I never generate excessive spin anyway.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

The chrome is going to last a little longer...but the others are going to have a little better feel. Once the chrome gets beat up, it'll feel fine...and it'll still have some grooves left. By the time the oil can or the dark finish wedges get nice and beat up, they'll have no grooves left.

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

I like the chrome a bit better for looks.  The nickle will start to wear and lighten.  The Oil can will rust.  I hate rust.  I've tried them all and don't see much different in performance.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

having owned all 3 at some point over the last 3 years i can honestly say there isnt alot of difference. i prefer traditional looking clubs so i would say the chrome was best for me. I also had good results with the satin spin milled vokey as well but that said the performance for all 3 across the board are near enough exactly the same

910D2 9.5 Stiff

906F3 PT 3 wood Stiff

Pro100 Blades 3-PW X100

Vintage 52 and 60 wedge

C67

Note: This thread is 4642 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!