IGNORED

Pure Ball Striker Training Aid

iacas
Note: This thread is 1181 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'll be ordering one. I've been working on my lag and look forward to seeing how this helps.
In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Oh, and I've not been able to find a store which ships outside America yet. On the PBS site, only USA and Canada are available.

Right, I'm facing the same problem. How can I get one? I'm living in Japan.

Just placed my order! Cant wait for it to arrive.

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

You guys that ordered one should start reading up on lag, watching Jeff's videos on Youtube, read on the PBS website, etc... while waiting on your PBS to arrive.

My suggestion is a copy of "The Impact Zone" as I mentioned earlier. The bottom line on page 104 and the following several pages (in Chapter 4 - Lag) would be most useful to many folks I suspect. It is what made the PBS, lag, etc.. "click" for me. $15 on Amazon.

-Dan

This is a great deal! I've been reading about lag and the shaft forward lean at impact but have been having so much trouble applying it to my swing at range sessions that I'm getting discouraged. Will be buying one for myself and probably using the BOGO to get them for my brother's as Christmas gifts! Probably going to get each of them a copy of "The Impact Zone" as well!

Thanks again Jeff!

In my Grom XX:
cleveland.gif Launcher 12.0* Fujikura Saishin 65 S and 15* Fujikura Fit-On Gold R // ping.gif G10 Irons, AWT Steel S, Fitted Purple Dot// cleveland.gifCG14 Chrome 56*, 14 // odyssey.gif Crimson Series 550 Mallet, 34" // srixon.gifZ-Star

You guys that ordered one should start reading up on lag, watching Jeff's videos on Youtube, read on the PBS website, etc... while waiting on your PBS to arrive.

I've been reading about lag for years now, pretty much ready to start using it in my swing by now.

Thanks for the thorough review of the PBS in this thread, reading about others' success is always encouraging.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Jacob Mac States:
I have hit about 300 balls while practicing with the PBS and I noticed something fairly interesting. The PBS really discourages an OTT move for me. It is nothing excessive, but I have noticed that I am swinging on a more in to out path. I feel like I am swinging in a circle around me body. Good stuff.

But the best thing about the PBS is how much it has helped my 8 year old son hit the ball. I gave him one to use while we were at the range and he was hitting the ball better than he ever has. I did not give him any technical instruction, I just showed him where to put it and told him not to let it slip while he was swinging. When he was hitting without the PBS, he was running his index finger down the side of the grip. I asked him why he was doing it and he told me so he could still feel the pressure. It might not be technically the best thing to do, but I was happy to see he grasped the concept.
Jeff Evans, Mizuno Brand Ambassador Master Instructor and the Inventor of the Pure Ball Striker

It's late and nothing seems to be registering into my head. Even after going to your site, I am not understanding how this helps with keeping the lag. I'm a sucker for deals so I'd probably go through with the purchase as long as I understand the concept.

I would like to take the time and thank everyone here for the support! A special thanks goes out to those who are using this piece of rubber known as the Pure Ball Striker and those that maybe considering it as their next and possibility their last training device.

LAG Lag is one of the most misunderstood concepts in the golf motions. For example: at the FBR Open this year Rocco Mediate stated to me "I didn't want LAG in my swing!" I asked of him did he really mean that? His response was not what I was ready to hear. He said I know I have LAG, but I don't try to hold it! What do you do then with your LAG? Is it released? Answer: Yes! What about your hands and the pressure in your hands do you feel the clubhead lagging behind your hands? Answer: Yes! This is what I was referring to the Lagging clubhead pressure felt in the hands more specifically the trail hand index finger first joint where it meets the grip. Heavy practice clubs are great for feeling the CLUBHEAD LAG PRESSURE but are misunderstood. We are told that we want to hold the angle but what we want to hold is the PRESSURE of the Lagging Clubhead the angles are released. Many golfers cast or throwaway the clubhead at the ball bending the target hand and losing their impact alignments bending their left wrist. By maintaining the Clubhead Lag Pressure in the trail hand the player is able to maintain the proper amount of bend in the trail hand or the right flying wedge. This right flying wedge supports the in-line condition of the left arm and clubshaft from about release point through the end of follow through. We are feel organisms and the feel/sensation is different from person to person. Feel is truly subjective and may change from day to day or even worse from swing to swing. What to feel is as easy as using the Pure Ball Striker it allows the player to sense the proper Clubhead Lag Pressure for the particular shot whether it is a Putt or a Drive or any shot in between. This subjective feel needs an objective measure and because the Pure Ball Striker was designed with the geometry and physics of the golf motion in mind it allows the individual to sense the Loading, Storing, and Delivery of the hands correctly towards the bottom of the geometrical swing arc known as Low Point. It is my hopes that others can enjoy the proper feeling of clubhead lag pressure and sustain their line of compression.
Jeff Evans, Mizuno Brand Ambassador Master Instructor and the Inventor of the Pure Ball Striker

I would like to take the time and thank everyone here for the support! A special thanks goes out to those who are using this piece of rubber known as the Pure Ball Striker and those that maybe considering it as their next and possibility their last training device.

Great stuff Jeff! I will be purchasing the PBS and look forward to using it during my practice sessions. Thank you for joining us with your presence on this forum. Cheers.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

YOUR Authentic Swing

DON"T THINK.

BUT

FEEL!

and

REMEMBER!

We have a Pure Ball Striker inside all of us let it come out!

How to use the Pure Ball Striker
Start off with shorter strokes first Putting or Chipping.
Make your regular stroke allowing you awareness to travel into your hands.
Feel your motion, sense your stroke through the trailing trigger finger. The trigger finger is the most trailing part of the hand and accepts the lagging clubhead very well.
Once you become comfortable with the short strokes start and build your towards your pitch length stroke. Do this while feeling the lagging clubhead through the trigger finger.
Finally, move up to your total motion feeling YOUR stroke, building your stroke allowing and it to become automatic.

Note: This thread is 1181 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!