IGNORED

Fantasy Golf 2011

gogolfing
Note: This thread is 4589 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

We have had a Sandtrap Fantasy golf league for quite a few years now.

I have set up the league for 2011 again. We will be using Yahoo Fantasy golf again. You can sign up through the PGA Tour website at this link:

http://www.pgatour.com/fantasy/

Here is a link to the rules overview page from Yahoo:

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/spo...gUtzmf5HOhsD7P

Once you have created your own team name, you then select join a group. To do this, you need the following:

Group ID: 1421
Group Name: The Sandtrap
Group Password: golow

Yahoo has put a new twist in it this year; you will drop your lowest week for each segment, so if you suck one week or forget to change your team one week, you can continue without it hurting you overall; a mulligan so to speak.

In the past, we have had a lot of guys start and then bail out if they miss a few weeks or if they have fallen behind. Please remember to stay active; as was done last year, if you are inactive for more than three consecutive weeks, you will be dropped.

Good luck to everyone, and let's make it the best year yet.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One other note guys. When you join the group, you only have to use the group ID and password, not the group name.

Sounds fun. =-)

Driver - Taylor Made 09 Burner.
3 Wood - Callaway Diablo.
Hybrid Irons - Adams A30S
Wedges - 52* Titleist Vokey Spin Milled. 56*, 60* Taylormade Rac.
Putter - Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #1.

I will get my revenge this year! I forgot to set my lineup one weekend when I was out of town and it knocked me out of the top 10!

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Cool! I will join in this time as well

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

I will get my revenge this year! I forgot to set my lineup one weekend when I was out of town and it knocked me out of the top 10!

Bring it on boys.... That will be the nice thing about the one drop week in that one forgotten week won't totally mess you up.

I just joined and have one question. Do you have to sign up for each segment separately or does it carry over? This is the first time I have done fantasy golf

Bryan A

I just joined and have one question. Do you have to sign up for each segment separately or does it carry over? This is the first time I have done fantasy golf

Once you are in you are good for all the segments. The points get reset back to zero for each, but they still accumulate for the overall season leader. So we will have winners for each segment, and then an overall season leader who will have the bragging rights.

There are prizes for weekly winners, each segment winner, and the overall winner. If you look on the PGA site, it gives you an overview of their prizes for each.

just joined. Not exactly sure how fantasy golf works though? And when do we pick players?

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

Just joined. I've played a couple of times with another group. Should be fun with a bigger group like this!

In the bag:
Driver:  Burner 10.5* Stiff     ||    3 Wood:  Burner 13* Stiff     ||     Hybrids:  Slingshot 17*, 21*, 24* Utility

Irons:  MX-300 5-PW     ||     Gap & Sand Wedge:  Spin-Milled Black Nickel 52.08* / 58.08*

Putter:  VP-09 Blade 33"     ||     Ball:  Penta TP

just joined. Not exactly sure how fantasy golf works though? And when do we pick players?

Each team (person) picks 8 players per week and "start" 4 per round. The players are divided into three groups - Group A, B, & C. You pick two players from group A, four players from group B, and two players from group C before the start of the tournament (I believe the deadline is 5 minutes before the first tee time). You select four players to "start" for each round - one from group A, two from group B, and one from group C.

After each round every player is given a score from 20 to 0 points. The player (and ties) in each round with the lowest ROUND score (not total score) is given 20 points, the next lowest score is given 18 points, the next 16 points....and so on until everybody below a certain score gets 0 points. Between each round you change your "starters" if you choose. This is very helpful if somebody is having a a bad week or misses the cut, etc. At the end of the tournament the winner gets 20 bonus points, the 2nd place finisher(s) get 10 bonus points and third place gets 5 bonus points. You do not need to have that player active for THAT round to get bonus points - just to have had them start on round during that tournament. Points form all players are tallied at the end of the week and somebody wins the week. You cumulative score adds up over the season to determine your segment (there are three segments) and overall winners. Limitations: Any person can pick any player to play. EVERYBODY can play Tiger Woods if they want on the SAME week. However, you are limited to 10 weeks of "starts". You can only start each player 10 weeks. If you pick a player for a tournament and never "start" them for a round then it is NOT counted as a start. However, if they started at least one round on your lineup that week then it counts against the total of 10. Even if they in for all 4 rounds of one tournament it is only counted as one against your total of 10. Use them wisely. That pretty much covers it all.

In the bag:
Driver:  Burner 10.5* Stiff     ||    3 Wood:  Burner 13* Stiff     ||     Hybrids:  Slingshot 17*, 21*, 24* Utility

Irons:  MX-300 5-PW     ||     Gap & Sand Wedge:  Spin-Milled Black Nickel 52.08* / 58.08*

Putter:  VP-09 Blade 33"     ||     Ball:  Penta TP

And when do we pick players?

If you try to pick players now, it will give you an error and tell you the date when you can start picking...or that's what it did with me.

Bryan A

I'm in as NoBogeys. Did real bad in a public league last year, hope to do better this year.

R9 SuperTri 10.5*
Exotics XCG-3 4W 16.5*
Idea Pro 18* and/or 20*
i15
X-Tour 54/60PM Trinidad TP Black LDPAll in a SCB and MicroCart

If you try to pick players now, it will give you an error and tell you the date when you can start picking...or that's what it did with me.

You can typically pick your players for the week on the Monday before the tournament starts up until the shortly before rhebfirst tee time of the tournament.

It said something about the lineups showing after December 15th on website.

It said something about the lineups showing after December 15th on website.

Maybe that's what it was. I just remember that date popped up.

Bryan A

Sounds cool. Usually do fantasy football and hockey each year but have never ventured into fantasy golf. I'll sign up tonight!

In my Grom XX:
cleveland.gif Launcher 12.0* Fujikura Saishin 65 S and 15* Fujikura Fit-On Gold R // ping.gif G10 Irons, AWT Steel S, Fitted Purple Dot// cleveland.gifCG14 Chrome 56*, 14 // odyssey.gif Crimson Series 550 Mallet, 34" // srixon.gifZ-Star

sigh I really miss ESPN's Best Ball. I understood that format!

But I'll give it a try. Give me a few days to get around to signing up.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Note: This thread is 4589 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!