IGNORED

Come on David Duval!!!

BASHERBAKER69
Note: This thread is 5774 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i think JD will make a return to form on the golf course too.

I agree that DD might be on the rise, but JD? No way.

There is nothing I'd like more than another DD / Tiger rivalry heat up.

I'd love to see that too. But a rival for Tiger? Maybe if Bobby Jones came back from the dead (or maybe Ben Hogan, Jack Nicklaus, or Arnie). DD will definitely never rival Tiger. I can say that with 99.9% confidence. Nothing's better than a good rivalry, but Tiger's unstoppable and has been for a long time.

"Hit 'em hard - they'll land somewhere." - Stewart Maiden

In the Bag:

Driver: R480, 10.5*, Graphite5 Wood: R540 XD, 17.5*, GraphiteIrons: Big Bertha 4-10 + GW, SSWedge: 56*, Chrome, SSPutter: White HotBall: HX Hot

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The great Ben Hogan would stare Tiger down with that "Hawk" look and Tiger would be hugging his red shirt like a little boy with a blanket.
T-Bone Marshall
Home Course: www.waldenponds.com (74.1/134) 7001 yds
in my bag
Driver: Big Ben cs3 10.5 Stiff/Draw set up
Fairway: Hogan Edge 3,5 metal:Irons: Hogan Radial-Apex shaftWedge: Hogan "Tom Kite" 56* Radial "E" wedgePutter: Affinity vr7 "V-Rod" pro-v1x ball2 markers, Disney divot tool,...

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

Ben Hogan used to practice until his hands bled and he had fore arms like a gorilla-a very disciplined man-thats what DD needs to do-skip the xmas pudding and hit the range now until the first event-Sony Open in Hawaii.

BB69

• 2 weeks later...
I just heard Callaway is cutting Michelson's contract because of his skipped tournaments.

Any references or are you a Callaway insider. You gotta love rumor and innuendo.

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

Hi

when can we expect the PGA Tour to resume properly???..Sony Open in Hawaii mid January?

so come on DD pull your socks up and lets see the real Duval-perhaps his body had been hijacked by some evil golfing demon over the last couple of years!!-maybe DD needed to see a priest rather than a swing coach..haha

Phil-we won't see him til the Masters-i hear he's been working out-what can we expect??

Michelle Wie-stick to the LPGA tour please- i can't stand political correctness. On the basis of 'equality', can men play on the LPGA tour then??..i think it has been proven that women are not capable of competing with men on a level playing field on the golf course.....we should not patronise them with courtesy shots and forward tees at the top professional level.

Nike 'Square' driver-will Tiger be using this club?..Nike equipment is rubbish in my opinion and they should stick to making trainers etc.

BB69

When Duval was on top of his game, I think a lot of people didn't like him. He was criticised for showing no emotion and being a brutal interview. I read somewhere that he said his fondest memory growing up was playing golf by himself in the fog; shows something about who he is. He's private, a real thinker, and I think all the attention got to him and he wasn't having fun anymore, and the desire went with it. I'm glad to see him happy in his personal life and hopefully that will spill over to his golf game.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

I think he still has plenty of desire and love for the game. otherwise I don't think he'd be so eager to use those exemptions of his. I bet also his family would like to see him return to his form. Let's face it, kids love to root for their daddy!!!! He'll be back.

I met David Duval in 1995 in Jacksonville when he was still an amateur and was on the way to turn pro. I did not know who the guy was at that time. I went to visit a family friend's house and it turned out that not only my friend lived in the same neighborhood, but they used to go to the same university.
So, when I was introduced to David, he was practising on the driving range.
He said: "Hi, I am David, nice to meet you .... I am going to be a Tour Pro next year!" I must admit that I told myself "yeah right, because it is so easy to become Tour Pros!" .... well I still regret that I did not ask him for an autograph and a picture but I learned my lesson: "never underestimate anyone!!!!" Long story short: David is a great person, besides golf, and I really wish him the best, he really deserves it!!!!!!!!!!!
In My Bag:
Driver:
Nike SasQuatch 460 9.5 deg - Fujikura Prototype X
3 Wood:
Orlimar Trimetal Plus 14 deg - Fujikura Prototype XIrons: Titleist 735CM (3-PW) - TT DG 300SWedges: Titleist Vokey 50 & 54 & 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Laguna Oil Can - Custom Shop Restored to Pro...

Hi

well, its a week now until we see David Duval make a start to his 2007 season. It is so important that he gets off to a good start, and i think that he will make the cut in Hawaii and make a top 40 finish-that's my prediction anyway.

As for John Daly, i don't see him making the cut sadly, he just hasn't been playing well enough-but we'll see. This might be the year when a golfer has a cardiac arrest on live tv-John has to lose weight just to stay alive let alone compete on the us tour, or any tour for that matter.

I tend to think that KJ Choi will be the surprise package of the season. Darren Clarke plans to play more events on the US tour this season, and quite frankly i can't blame him-all that sunshine and exotic locations for golfing.

I will be very interested to see how Phil plays after taking an unprecedented break from the tour for such a high profile player-there's more happening than we are told at Phil's house methinks!

Also, watch out for Davis Love III- a great player who looks revitalised..i love his classy golf wear, a credit to the US tour.

bb69

I don't know how Daly can kep going, though I wish him well. He's paying alimony to four wives, has children living in three different states and is battling sex, alcohol and gambling addictions. Who could concentrate under that calamity of mental intrusion?

Bury me with a golf glove in my pocket - just in case!

Hi
yes i wish jon well too, but this could be last year on the tour if he doesn't buck his ideas up-the same goes for Duval, although he has next year too with exemptions through career earnings. If DD doesn't do well this year i don't think he'll be coming back sadly-there's only so much humiliation a man can take.

bb69

Hi

David Duval's first tournamnet of the year will be at the Bob Hope Chrysler Classic

check out Duval2006 website for more information...the word is that he is ready for the season so maybe we can expect bigger and better things from him this season

can't wait to see how he plays

bb69

Sweet 3 iron, drained a 25' for eagle . . . no problem, DD is one of those guys who has magic in his clubs. He is the true wild card of the year, if he recovers his confidence and wins, regains that feeling of winning and playing great golf, who knows what could happen. DD has a proven track record of greatness, you can't count him out.

Great to see a -5 start, had a lot of good birdie looks and just missed them, if the putter heats up he will be in contention.

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

I have to agree. He is striking the ball like the DD of old, when he was in his prime. Once them putts start dropping, they will continue to fall.

John

IN THE BAG

Driver - 905T / 8.5 / Speeder Stiff3 Wood - G5 / 13 degree / Stock X-StiffIrons - G5 / 4-PW / Stock Stiff Wedges - Vokey / 252.08, 256.14, 260.08Putter - Old School B60Ball - Pro-V1

Hi

half of that crap has nothing to do with the thread topic. JD made the cut, and yes it looks like David Duval is back in form. Phil's man tits do look considerably smaller at the Hope, so i guess you got something right Bash.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

Hi

well done David Duval..8 under t38 finish in the Bob Hope..with an eagle to finish in very tough conditions

DD definitely means business this year, and i'll be interested to see how he gets on at the Buick next week..consitency is the name of the game i think

i like his new pre shot routine..if Nick Faldo is impressed the it has to be good!!

something else ive noticed about DD is that he's not wearing his normal Oakley wraparound sunglasses-he was wearing Oakley Monsterdogs i think..way to go!!

Tiger is playing next week with a fully loaded field so comparisons between DD and the rest of the world will be easier to make..off topic a bit here, but i think that Tiger might burn out this year-has got too much happening of course now, that will be interesting.

bb69

Note: This thread is 5774 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!