IGNORED

Come on David Duval!!!

BASHERBAKER69
Note: This thread is 5775 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched Duval pretty closely on a few holes at Torrey Pines South two days ago (i.e. first round), and I must say he looked very calm and focussed. His swing seemed grooved and fluid, and of course he was up there with the leaders at the end of the day. I'm hoping he makes a real comeback this year, it would be a nice story and very encouraging to others. I find him very intriguing as a person, someone I'd like to learn more about. I'm going to the Buick again today and I'll be looking out for him.

And another thing, I much prefer his new shades.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

I agree, it's nice to see DD putting in some respectable scores so far this year. I think that a few more decent showings are going to help boost his confidence and eventually we'll see him turning those top 40's into top 10's and even contending here and there!
"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever."

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

Looking back at his comeback, he started out just having trainwrecks.

Then he'd have a decent round and then another trainwreck of a round.

Then came a good round followed by a sloppy round.

This year it is good rounds followed by decent rounds. top 100

If this trend continues what is next?

Good round followed by good round. top 50

Great round followed by a good round. top 20

Great round followed by great round . . . top 10

Great round, and great last round . . . WINNER

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

• 2 weeks later...
Who started the Callaway to cut Mickelson rumor?For someone they are cutting they sure are putting out a lot of TV Ads.Me thinks it is wrong Info.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

'Who started the Callaway to cut Mickelson rumor?"

I never heard 'cut' - but I remember reading a comment somewhere last fall that they were reducing his contract because of his lack of play.

If he wins this, they'll be able to make planty of new commercials and he'll be just as marketable as ever being the champion he is. Ironically, the golf channel has a bit, like those shot of the day cameos, that is about couarge and last night the vignette they showed was Mick hitting driver in the fairway on 18 at Pebble and going in the water, then dropping from T-1 to 3. That kind of "Courage" is what has cost him in the past. He needs somemanagement lessone from Jack to really challenge Tiger again.

Bury me with a golf glove in my pocket - just in case!

• 7 months later...
im looking forward to seeing DD play in the Viking Classic. If he does ok he might keep his card for next season. DD plays well when he wants to.

The only person or thing that can stop DD from playing well is DD.

BB69

• 5 months later...
Greetings ...

Duval is not in the field at the Puerto Rico Open, being played opposite to the CA-Doral Invitational.

I make an educated assumption that he will probably tee it up at both Zurich-New Orleans (using Major Medical Exemption) and Shell-Houston (using last free exemption as 1998 winner of the event, as win occurred before 2000).

The 2008 PGA Tour Guide says that Duval has a total of 20 2008 events in which to earn at least $713,235. When added to the $71,945 he actually earned in 2007, this would equal the total of the 125th player (Mathias Gronberg) on the 2007 Money List, and thus make Duval exempt for the rest of 2008.

Thanx-A-Lot, Frank-0-Sport

• 3 months later...

David Duval is 3 under after 10 at the John Deere Classic- under the radar in preparation for The Open at Birkdale.

Hope he can keep this up and get a run together for the next major of the year. I don't see any reason why he can't win if he's playing well.

Always my favorite pro since i saw him win in a playoff in the Buy.com tour. Hope he makes it.

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

I don't see any reason why he can't win if he's playing well.

Win? Whoa... lets start with a, I don't know, top 25 first. Nevermind, how about a made cut? I suppose you're right but DD hasn't played well in a shade under a decade.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

i used to like watching DD play. He was one of the only ones that could push Tiger's buttons in the late 90's, early '00's.

I was glad in '06 when he made the cut in the US Open and thought he might be back on the right track.

Guess not .. I'd like to see a few good tournaments out of him. I still remember the Western Open I think it was as an amateur he was leading, then choked miserably in the final round.

Sean

What's in the bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11S 9 degree.  Set to upright 8 degree.  Aldila RIP Alpha 60s X flex shaft.

3 wood: TaylorMade 13 degree RocketBallz (coming shortly).. X Flex Matrix X Conn.

Hybrids: 2iron / 4iron Taylor Burner Rescue.

Irons: 5 - PW 2008 Model Year Titleist AP2

Wedges: 49*, 54* 60* Cleveland 588 Rusties.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi Long.

Balls: Titleist Pro VX

Bag: Titleist Black / Red Staff

Note: This thread is 5775 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!