IGNORED

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2012 To Feature Augusta National

Bo the Golfer
Note:Β This thread is 4318 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

So I was halfway through the PGA tour season when I decided to create another golfer. I usually make one male, and then one female for kicks. I played a practice round with both of my created golfers no problem. Next time I turned on the Xbox the newer female golfer had overwritten the older male one! What gives?

What difficulty is everyone playing on?

I'm on TourPRO I think. No power or spin boost, but I can use focus, but I don't get a putt preview either.

My skills stats are all way uner 50% and I'm competitive with AI scoring set on normal. The leaders on the PGA tour score about -5 a round.

XBOX LIVE QUESTIONS

I don't have Xbox live yet, but I'm about to get it set up.

Here a 12 month subscription costs about $85.

How much does it cost to download courses?

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by Lofty Lefty

XBOX LIVE QUESTIONS

If you want all of 'em it'll run you around $70.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3Β |Β 15ΒΊ 3-Wood: Ping G410 |Β 17ΒΊ 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 |Β 19ΒΊ 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo |Β 54ΒΊ SW, 60ΒΊ LW: Titleist Vokey SM8Β |Β Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by jamo

Which I have a problem with.Β  It really bothers me that you pretty much have to pay double to get all of the courses.Β  BS if you ask me.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9Β  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |
Β 

So I was halfway through the PGA tour season when I decided to create another golfer. I usually make one male, and then one female for kicks. I played a practice round with both of my created golfers no problem. Next time I turned on the Xbox the newer female golfer had overwritten the older male one! What gives?

What difficulty is everyone playing on?

I'm on TourPRO I think. No power or spin boost, but I can use focus, but I don't get a putt preview either.

My skills stats are all way uner 50% and I'm competitive with AI scoring set on normal. The leaders on the PGA tour score about -5 a round.

XBOX LIVE QUESTIONS

Ugh, the first part worries me, in part because I know my mom is going to want to create a character when I bring the Xbox with me to her place to watch the Masters at the end of this week. Β How do I set it up so I don't cause this?

As for Xbox live... no, check Amazon when you want to buy, and slickdeals until then. Β I paid something like $35 for a year. Β Even the normal is like $60.

And, as best I can tell, there's a disadvantage if I pick and choose and later want a package deal -- that package deal cost doesn't go down for what I have already. Β :(

Any approximate typical conversion of "Microsoft Points" to real money?

-- Michael | My swing!Β 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:Β  Titleist 915D2.Β  4-wood:Β  Titleist 917F2.Β  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.Β  Another hybrid in here too.Β  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.Β  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter.Β 

Originally Posted by Shindig

And, as best I can tell, there's a disadvantage if I pick and choose and later want a package deal -- that package deal cost doesn't go down for what I have already. Β :(

Any approximate typical conversion of "Microsoft Points" to real money?

1600 points is $20, 4000 is $50. I got the $70 number using the first price.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3Β |Β 15ΒΊ 3-Wood: Ping G410 |Β 17ΒΊ 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 |Β 19ΒΊ 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo |Β 54ΒΊ SW, 60ΒΊ LW: Titleist Vokey SM8Β |Β Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

How many download courses are there? And will they keep making more? I don't really mind paying for extra downloadable courses, but when they make them part of the default PGA season I think it's a bit crap. "You can't play this tournament because you haven't bought this course yet."

But all this extra money everyone has to pay now is payback for all the years of pirate gaming!!

How many download courses are there? And will they keep making more? I don't really mind paying for extra downloadable courses, but when they make them part of the default PGA season I think it's a bit crap. "You can't play this tournament because you haven't bought this course yet."

But all this extra money everyone has to pay now is payback for all the years of pirate gaming!!

There are more DL's than what's on the disc which is very sad. I wouldn't have a problem with it as much if you only had to download them once and they applied every year but having to pay for the same courses every year is nuts.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9Β 

So I am doing O.K so far, have won all tournaments so far by around 8 strokes, currently leading the Hawaiian open by 3 shots, Tiger is second and has 2 holes on me...I have 2 holes to go that I will finish tonight, see if he can catch me on his final four...

Putting is hard, I have had several 3 putts now from close range LOL

:tmade:Β SLDR X-Stiff 12.5Β°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2Β° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

I won the first three events handily then got to the Masters and shot +7 in the first round because spin and power boost are turned off for the Masters. And I couldn't get anything to drop. Twice I hit par-fives in two and then four putted.

In my bag:

I'm afraid to admit I've never been much of a video gamer; I've had TW on my Mac before but have never owned a PS3, Xbox, or Wii.Β Β Β Β Β  But being able to "play" Augusta is reason alone to get me to invest in one of the platforms and enjoy playing a place I'll never likely get to in person.Β Β Β Β Β  So for those with the sage wisdom here, which platform would you recommend I get just for the sole purpose of playing TW 2012?

Originally Posted by Clambake

I'm afraid to admit I've never been much of a video gamer; I've had TW on my Mac before but have never owned a PS3, Xbox, or Wii.Β Β Β Β Β  But being able to "play" Augusta is reason alone to get me to invest in one of the platforms and enjoy playing a place I'll never likely get to in person.Β Β Β Β Β  So for those with the sage wisdom here, which platform would you recommend I get just for the sole purpose of playing TW 2012?

I'm guessing the majority of people on here won't flame this questions but man I've seen some wars over which system is better. I personally like the PS3 because of the blu ray player but graphically they are pretty much on an even playing field. I will say that if you have a capable computer that is the best way to go since it would have better graphics and only cost you the price of the game.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9Β 

Originally Posted by clubchamp

I'm guessing the majority of people on here won't flame this questions but man I've seen some wars over which system is better. I personally like the PS3 because of the blu ray player but graphically they are pretty much on an even playing field. I will say that if you have a capable computer that is the best way to go since it would have better graphics and only cost you the price of the game.

A "capable" computer will run you a lot more than a 360 or a PS3 if you want to play most games though. There is a reason that Microsoft and Sony lose money on every console they sell.

In my bag:

A "capable" computer will run you a lot more than a 360 or a PS3 if you want to play most games though. There is a reason that Microsoft and Sony lose money on every console they sell.

Notice I said "if you have" meaning he would already own one... most people have computers and if his meets the requirements to run TW 12 than I'd that his best option.

Notice I said "if you have" meaning he would already own one... most people have computers and if his meets the requirements to run TW 12 than I'd that his best option.

True, but I just checked and they haven't meant a Tiger Woods game for PC since the '08 edition : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_Woods_PGA_Tour

In my bag:

True, but I just checked and they haven't meant a Tiger Woods game for PC since the '08 editionΒ :Β http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_Woods_PGA_Tour

I didn't know that I used to always buy them for PC up until 2005. That's a shame because the computer ones always had better features than the console games.

I'm a Mac guy at home and have a couple Powerbooks, but I'm thinking the game console interface and playing on one of my nice large HDTV's would be a better viewing experience.Β Β Β Β  But since I don't think EA has made this available for either Mac or PC yet that's probably irrelevant and a game machine is literally the only way to go.Β Β  Now just which one?Β Β Β  I'm sort of leaning away from the Wii since I just can't really imagine swinging a controller is that accurate and I'd be trying to swing it like I do a real club, and I also kind of like the idea of being able to play in pure couch potato mode, i.e. just lying on the couch with a controller in hand.

I didn't know that I used to always buy them for PC up until 2005. That's a shame because the computer ones always had better features than the console games.

Yeah. '08 in particular for PC was a much deeper game.

In my bag:

Note:Β This thread is 4318 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!