IGNORED

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2012 To Feature Augusta National

Bo the Golfer
Note: This thread is 4317 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by motteler621

so I rented this game (tiger woods masters 2012). I am wondering what the proper way to hit the ball on the game is, do you go straight down (backswing) and then straight up(downswing) on the joystick? I tried this method and I wasnt hitting them all that good but when I tried pushing straight down for backswing and then instead of going straight up I pushed the joystick in a half circle to the top, like this -- (    instead of straight up -- l. I dont get it but all my shots go straight and full power this way? Thanks for the help guys, dont have a user manual and they dont really train you in the game

ps. the putting on this game is very difficult for a beginner, its easy to 4 putt inside 6 feet, haha

I'm not sure the proper way to swing and I've been playing it semi-regularly since it came out.

BTW, putting difficulty isn't limited to beginners.  Lots of folks here have been putting most of their XP into putting.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by Shindig

I'm not sure the proper way to swing and I've been playing it semi-regularly since it came out.

BTW, putting difficulty isn't limited to beginners.  Lots of folks here have been putting most of their XP into putting.

well I figured it out. I was watching the ball on the bottom left while I swung instead of watching the golfer which would limit my backswing. Yea Im putting all my XP into putting

man this game is pretty fun, Im playing career mode trying to get on the pga tour. I won my first amateur event and made nationwide tour. My first nationwide tour event I was down two strokes on 17. I made an eagle shot from like 170 yards out and went on to win by one, that was sweet considering on this game thats not too easy. At Q school now

man this game is pretty fun, Im playing career mode trying to get on the pga tour. I won my first amateur event and made nationwide tour. My first nationwide tour event I was down two strokes on 17. I made an eagle shot from like 170 yards out and went on to win by one, that was sweet considering on this game thats not too easy. At Q school now

A tip:  practice rounds.  This allows you a chance to get different levels of course mastery before playing in a tournament.  This allows your caddie to give you better advice on various things, and for you to figure out which shots work on which holes.   Also, it helps you know if you're prepared for the par-3s -- if you aren't carrying a club you need for it, you can change your configuration so you are.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Originally Posted by darkhunter139

Anyone get a hole in one yet? I had a double eagle with a 7 iron on a par 5 with Bubba Watson but still no hole in ones :(

I've had one ace, but no double eagle.  I'm sitting with a friend who has a double eagle but no aces.  But certainly not with the regularity that I get them on another friend's Tiger07 for the Wii or Tiger 04 on the Xbox.

-- Michael | My swing! 

so can I not download the next course I need since the playstation network is down and I guess has been for a few weeks? It says I need to download my next tournament.

No aces so far for me, but I haven't played in about a month. Been pretty busy. I used to get them all the time with the older editions.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by darkhunter139

Anyone get a hole in one yet? I had a double eagle with a 7 iron on a par 5 with Bubba Watson but still no hole in ones :(

i actually got one the other day. Pretty surprised and pumped lol. Its definitely a fluke though and wont ever happen again.

Originally Posted by JoeC36

i actually got one the other day. Pretty surprised and pumped lol. Its definitely a fluke though and wont ever happen again.

I felt pretty much the same way.  Man this game is realistic! :-)

-- Michael | My swing! 

Just discovered something cool about mastery levels (sorry if this is old news) :

I had only to get a 4 birdie streak to achieve silver mastery at Royal Melbourne.  I played a practice round there and got 4 birds in a row, and the silver mastery notice popped up.  I then got 3 more in a row, and the gold 7 birdie streak popped up.

So, as best I can tell, once you're eligible for gold mastery, you can get the achievements, but things like a 50 foot putt (which is all I'm missing on a course or two for gold) or so don't count until you are eligible.

-- Michael | My swing! 

You have 2 choices. You can wait for the network to come back up and then pay to download it, or you can skip it. Skipping will not affect your ranking. The courses are about $4 each. They also have packages so you can buy multiple courses at a discount.

Diablo Octane
Big Bertha 2007 3W 

Razr X 3H, 4H
Razr X Irons 5-PW 

Wedges X-Tour 56* and 60*

White Ice D.A.R.T Mallet 

Ball Tour i(s)

For those of you that play, what are your career stats so far? I've been playing since the day it was released and so far:

Total Rounds 161

Average Score 59.7

Average Putts 1.4

Driving Average 307 yds

Longest Drive 408 yds

Driving Accuracy 90%

GIR Percentage 86%

Longest Putt 102 ft

Aces 8

Double Eagles 3

Eagles 248

Birdies 1787

Pars 1058

Bogeys 147

Double Bogeys 23

Weeks as world #1 199

Man, if only I could play this good in real life! HAHA! Right now, I'm trying to break 50, 52 is my lowest round. Most of this was on amateur, so that I could unlock everything and get my guy to 100 on everything.

Diablo Octane
Big Bertha 2007 3W 

Razr X 3H, 4H
Razr X Irons 5-PW 

Wedges X-Tour 56* and 60*

White Ice D.A.R.T Mallet 

Ball Tour i(s)

Originally Posted by hjimzaf

You have 2 choices. You can wait for the network to come back up and then pay to download it, or you can skip it. Skipping will not affect your ranking. The courses are about $4 each. They also have packages so you can buy multiple courses at a discount.

After paying nearly $60 for a video game, why should anyone pay for another course?

There is a sucker born every minute.

I didn't mean you, I was just saying.

taylormade.gif - Taylor Made R11 Driver, 9*
taylormade.gif - Burner 2.0" 4-AW Steel
vokey.gif - Vokey 56*, 60*, 64*
odyssey.gif - Odyssey ProType PT 82

titleist.gif - Pro-V1  taylormade.gif - TMX Stand Bag

Originally Posted by q7w

After paying nearly $60 for a video game, why should anyone pay for another course?

It's the new gaming hustle.....along with charging to play online if you buy a used copy of a game.  Sad but true and it's not changing anytime soon.

Originally Posted by q7w

There really aren't any other options. I think it's total BS, but I still bought a few extra courses that I want. It just kinda sucks that EA has a de facto monopoly on golf video games.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

There really aren't any other options. I think it's total BS, but I still bought a few extra courses that I want. It just kinda sucks that EA has a de facto monopoly on golf video games.

Yeah. I'm not too pleased about the price, but I'll probably get the birdie pack before too long. TPC Boston and Doral alone make this worth it, and I think it has another course or two in it. Has anyone gotten to the second calendar year in the schedule yet, and if so, does the set of courses you play change? I'm still at Sawgrass in year 1.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Originally Posted by Shindig

Yeah. I'm not too pleased about the price, but I'll probably get the birdie pack before too long. TPC Boston and Doral alone make this worth it, and I think it has another course or two in it.

I downloaded the Predator. If you can break par on that course, you've mastered the game. I'll probably get TPC Boston and maybe Doral at some point.

In my bag:

Note: This thread is 4317 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!