IGNORED

My Swing (canadianpro)

canadianpro
Note: This thread is 4864 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

OK, you asked...based on one swing and angle...

Going back, the club is a little shut and the shaft appears slightly inside.  Going through I would encourage you to finish your swing and not cut it off unless you are striving for the "unfinished symphony" look.  Try to feel the swing of the club through to finish.

I hope this helps...

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Inconsistent how? Distance? Is that you in the video?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Physician, heal thyself? ;-) I love your swing. Only (utterly uninformed) thought is that things look quite critical around impact with that fast horizontal hinge. Maybe focusing on holding the wedge longer to get a little more angled would help with consistency of strike?

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yup, that's me. I think I know what is wrong but like to hear other thoughts

Here is a Caddie view

PB
Canadian PGA Life Member
Peter Boyce Golf Academy
Strathroy, Ontario
:tmade:

Shot cone is at target then hooking ...(I know the ball flight laws so face is at target at impact and closed to the path)...some shots are dangerously close to the hosel

PB

PB
Canadian PGA Life Member
Peter Boyce Golf Academy
Strathroy, Ontario

In the dtl view, I can see that your trailing arm is away from your body at impact.  You could have an arm swing that is getting a little ahead of your body movements.

• Administrator

Hey Peter,

Quote:

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

Going back, the club is a little shut and the shaft appears slightly inside.

It's not really shut. "Toe up" is open at that position in the backswing. It is inside though.

Here's a quick image Peter... cock the club up faster, tilt left a bit more to keep your head in place and steepen the shoulders, but above all else get the hips pushing forward. There's almost no forward component here.

boyce1.jpg

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Thanks Erik....same old problems.....by the way Hollister I don't like to stay in the cold (like Erik) so we have a place in Goodyear AZ....(where the next Golf Evolution S&T; school will be held on Jan. 22,23)

It's great here!

PB

PB
Canadian PGA Life Member
Peter Boyce Golf Academy
Strathroy, Ontario

OK....tilt slightly more to start the backswing....keep clubhead out in front longer as hands go in.....more retention of the flying wedge...and slide the hips toward the target

I'm gonna keep workin'.....thanks guys

PB
Canadian PGA Life Member
Peter Boyce Golf Academy
Strathroy, Ontario

Erik, at P2 Peter's elbows are separating, space between his left arm and torso, clubhead inside.  Would trying to look more like this pic of Charlie, hands more in, left arm more across his chest help with getting the clubhead online at P2?

file.jpg

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• Administrator

Originally Posted by mvmac

Erik, at P2 Peter's elbows are separating, space between his left arm and torso, clubhead inside.  Would trying to look more like this pic of Charlie, hands more in, left arm more across his chest help with getting the clubhead online at P2?

If looking like the picture is absolutely important, sure. But he gets pretty well in line and on plane at P4 so I'm keeping it as simple as possible for now with the tilt/cock stuff. By far you can see he will want to go forward more, so that's the bigger thing to focus on first.

But yeah, his hands can keep going in more. I think cocking the club up faster will help with that. It's part of my fulcrum theory. ;-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

OK, you asked...based on one swing and angle...

Going back, the club is a little shut and the shaft appears slightly inside.  Going through I would encourage you to finish your swing and not cut it off unless you are striving for the "unfinished symphony" look.  Try to feel the swing of the club through to finish.

I hope this helps...

So, am I fired?  I do like the cocking the club up faster part...

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Nope....I appreciate all the input...in fact, if the tips work, I'll give all my "tipsters" 10% of the money won from my buddies

PB
Canadian PGA Life Member
Peter Boyce Golf Academy
Strathroy, Ontario

That is more than fair!  Keep us posted.

Note: This thread is 4864 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!