IGNORED

What do you think of this billboard? Offensive or clever?

Note: This thread is 3760 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What do you think?

• Offensive
    • Clever

I think it's funny! It's not like they are "endorsing" or condoning what happened in Guyana. Besides,the phrase "drink the Kool-Aid" has already been a part of our lexicon for a long time now. The people that are upset about this need to get a sense of humor.

• Administrator

I think they might have been hoping for the uproar. They're getting a ton of free publicity with the uproar, after all... maybe that was the intent?

I'm not offended, I think it's funny.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think it's hilarious.  I guess depending on what area it's posted in, people may take more offense to it than in other areas.  They were probably banking on negative publicity using this type of riske humor.

I don't find it offensive so much as I find it not particularly clever or funny.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

I'm obviously in the minority, but I find almost as funny as spitting on the green.

This sign is offensive? This is what is wrong with our society, we will pick what is "offensive" and fight a battle against it! I have seen many different signs which are much more offensive than this one... Besides, like everyone has stated, it is very clever....

Originally Posted by normdamarine

This sign is offensive? This is what is wrong with our society, we will pick what is "offensive" and fight a battle against it! I have seen many different signs which are much more offensive than this one... Besides, like everyone has stated, it is very clever....

Some would argue that making light of violence and personal tragedy is a symptom of what's wrong with our society. Some people enjoy the "Saw" movies and some people make a point not to let those people babysit their small children.

Anyway, back on track, I personally use the phrase "drank the kool aid" in internet conversation, but I just didn't find the billboard particularly funny.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Some would argue that making light of violence and personal tragedy is a symptom of what's wrong with our society. Some people enjoy the "Saw" movies and some people make a point not to let those people babysit their small children.

Anyway, back on track, I personally use the phrase "drank the kool aid" in internet conversation, but I just didn't find the billboard particularly funny.

So you don't find it funny.  Do you find it offensive?

Note: This thread is 3760 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!