IGNORED

Best Pre and During Round Snack

Noonan1
Note: This thread is 4309 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Please let me know what you think is the best thing to eat before and during a competitive round of golf.

I have been a big fan of a banana before and a protein bar during. The banana gives a good amount of energy without filling your stomach so you can still make a good shoulder turn. The protein bar is a great way to keep your energy going down the stretch.let me know if there is something better

A baguette or bread with something good on, apples, bananas or pears, water, some nuts to provide a bit of salt.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Depends on when your golfing really. But your about to do cardio and weigh training while golfing. So the best thing is to eat a balanced meal before hand, carbs, protein, and fats. I would also drink 2 cups of water an hour before hand to get hydrated, and then keep at least a bottle of water per 9 holes to drink. As with meals during the round, i would probably like celery and peannut butter, or a half a turkey sandwich.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Pint of Jim Beam, two Camels and a big bag of Perky Jerky. It's got what golfers crave.

• Upvote 1

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

• 1 month later...

Stretch you are the funniest guy haha.

Yeah a couple of beeries or even a JB and coke goes alright round the course. Biltong. my god it is the greatest thing ever invented, especially the stuff you buy from butchers, not the crap that comes in packets.

Originally Posted by Stretch

Pint of Jim Beam, two Camels and a big bag of Perky Jerky. It's got what golfers crave.

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

A bigmac meal before a hot round walking around in the sun. Just kidding but my friend did that last year and he sure did regret it b y the time we reached the turn.

I hate golfing hungry, and I hate golfing really full. I find Nature Valley bars and deli sandwiches work good for me.

Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

I always keep some clif bars and granola in my bag, perfect to snack on while playing.

What's in my sunmountain.gif C-130 Bag:
callaway.gif -Razr X Black irons

RBZ 3 Hybrid

-Burner 2.0 3 wood

- Burner Driver 9.5*

SCOR Golf- 41* 45* 49* 53* 57* wedges

odyssey.gif White Ice 2 Ball Putter

-Pro V1X balls

Several beers

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Bananas are the best, IMO.  Ideally I would eat something filling an hour or two before going out, then not need anything until a few holes in.  The thing I find with bananas is that if you don't plan ahead and eat them before you get hungry again, it's too late.  They can keep you from getting hungry, but once you're there they don't help you back down.

Only problem is they get squished in my carry bag, so I more frequently carry Clif Bars.  They're pretty good, but I don't like to eat too many candy bars (which, while they have a bit of actual nutrition in them, is what snack bars really are).

• Upvote 1

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Originally Posted by zeg

The thing I find with bananas is that if you don't plan ahead and eat them before you get hungry again, it's too late.  They can keep you from getting hungry, but once you're there they don't help you back down.

Wow....I have always noticed this....it's so true

Originally Posted by Sai-Jin

Since I'm jap... for me it's Onigiri... and lots of water. It tastes really really good and gives you plenty of energy + carbs

Man I love Japanese food

Medium rare rib-eye steak and lobster.

• Upvote 1

Drugs are bad. M'kay.

I change my swing every time I don't shoot par for the course.

Best Round: 89 at Lake Park Golf Course, Lewisville, TX   66.5/102

Seapoint Farms Dry Roasted Edamame, Wasabi flavor

Great snack very low in fat and high in protein.  I always have a bag of it in my golf bag.

Trail mix before the round and a bananna at the turn.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

For me, it is fruit (apple or banana), protein bars, nuts, and/or beef jerky.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

I always have a banana at the turn or shortly there after.  Also have some combo of: pretzels, PB sandwich, nutri grain bar and large bottle of water.

In my Bagboy cart bag:
Driver: TM R11s 10.5 R-flex 3W: TM 09 Burner 3H: TM 09 Burner Irons: TM Tour Burner 4-PW r-flex
Wedges: Wilson TW9 GW, Ping Eye 2+ SW, Vokey SM 58.08      Putter:TM Rossa Spider Ball: TM TP/Red LDP, TF Gamer v2   Range Finder: GX-I

Note: This thread is 4309 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!