IGNORED

Marijuana use and the golf game

tanktwo2
Note: This thread is 2722 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Some admin please delete the above post by punkherper... and this one too.  If that is an example of the attitude that smoking pot creates then it's worse than Reefer Madness contends.  That guy is an idiot, and that opinion has nothing do with the topic of this thread.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Originally Posted by Fourputt

Some admin please delete the above post by punkherper... and this one too.  If that is an example of the attitude that smoking pot creates then it's worse than Reefer Madness contends.  That guy is an idiot, and that opinion has nothing do with the topic of this thread.

I think that posts like that one are illustrative. I haven't read this thread much at all but that one seems to help make your point, no?

It'll stay. We're all adults here, and only posts that really cross the line get deleted.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

I think that posts like that one are illustrative. I haven't read this thread much at all but that one seems to help make your point, no?

It'll stay. We're all adults here, and only posts that really cross the line get deleted.

Well, most of us are adults.... I think that punkherper could be called to question.  If you want that sort of input than I guess it's your choice, but that guy is way off the deep end.  Even those who have argued tho pro side of this debate would have to admit that.  His reaction does more to hurt their cause than anything I could possibly say.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

back to the op, when i did smoke occasionally in hs...can only recall one time when i smoked at the turn with a friend of mine...shot a 1 under 35 for one of the best played 9's of my life. i had 7 one-putts. for whatever reason on the back nine (weed-induced or not) i was dropping putts from anywhere and everywhere. NOTE i do not condone smoking the reefer, weed, pot, cannibis, grass, green light special, jamaican red, blueberry dank, etc.

just sayin.

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Back to the OP.  I replied earlier about how just taking a puff or two on the course actually usually helps me.  I just want to also point out that it's definitely possible that you played a bit worse from smoking the night before.  I played baseball in college, and I found that when I smoked a lot the night before, I hit worse the next day.  Though one of my buddies (a serious pothead) played some independent ball after college and he found that he actually pitched better when stoned.  And like I said, I golf better after smoking enough to just barely feel it.  So I think it can go both ways.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Originally Posted by punkherper

OMFG man I had to stop this right here get a life!!!! get that golf club outta ur buddies ass u punk....dude you so close minded if I ever see you i shoot you in the head I bet you open up!!!! marijuana is a drug but a very VERY weak drug compared you your pills and alcohol you consume!?!?!?! GET A LIFE DUUUDE I swear its people like you I dont mind running up to a knocking straight out and trying to stomp some sense into your dense ass skull....Karma will come you wanna seriously compare smoking "weed" to people who smoke meth? I smoke plenty off weed and have for years and never once even thought about trying that garbage!!!!and your not contributing to drug cartels unless you buy shitty weed.....PERIOD stupid get your head outta your daughters snatch and grow up!!!! im out all I wanted to do is make you feel like a piece of shit I hope I accomplished that people like you are TRASH to society and give NORMAL people HARD WORKING people like us who like to get a little loose after a hard day at work c'mon by the way I had sex with your wife!(while we were smoking pot)

Hey Punkherper,  you mispelled NORML!

Keep it where the mowers go!

Wow, Mr Punkherper post does seem to be over the top. Apparently he really got his buttons pushed. I hope he does a bunch of bongs before he strokes out.

Originally Posted by iacas

...only posts that really cross the line get deleted.

...get that golf club outta ur buddies ass....if I ever see you i shoot you in the head... get your head outta your daughters snatch... I had sex with your wife...

Wow Erik... you have a *very* loose definition of "the line".

Bill

Originally Posted by Fourputt

You & I are on opposite sides of this issue but we can both agree that that guy's a moron. It's Dbags like him that cause others to look at pot as some evil, highly dangerous thing. My guess is that weed isn't the only thing he's on.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

OMFG man I had to stop this right here get a life!!!! get that golf club outta ur buddies ass u punk....dude you so close minded if I ever see you i shoot you in the head I bet you open up!!!! marijuana is a drug but a very VERY weak drug compared you your pills and alcohol you consume!?!?!?! GET A LIFE DUUUDE I swear its people like you I dont mind running up to a knocking straight out and trying to stomp some sense into your dense ass skull....Karma will come you wanna seriously compare smoking "weed" to people who smoke meth? I smoke plenty off weed and have for years and never once even thought about trying that garbage!!!!and your not contributing to drug cartels unless you buy shitty weed.....PERIOD stupid get your head outta your daughters snatch and grow up!!!! im out all I wanted to do is make you feel like a piece of shit I hope I accomplished that people like you are TRASH to society and give NORMAL people HARD WORKING people like us who like to get a little loose after a hard day at work c'mon by the way I had sex with your wife!(while we were smoking pot)

Dude....pull your baggy ass pants up, turn your hat around and put it on straight then take your .32 caliber Saturday night special and do all opponents and proponents of legalization of marijuana and put it to your temple and pull the trigger. The world would be a better place. Not in any way, shape or form am I serious about the self inflicted wound, but you get the picture. You're a disgrace to all civilized men and women, smokers and non-smokers alike.... I have been given a vacation for ALOT LESS!

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Back to the Original Question: After you sleep it off that should be it.  Sounds like something else was mixed in with it.

It helps me sleep, but i haven't smoked in some time. Not against it, just choose not to....at this time.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Nice. I like how a pot-head is going to:

1.shoot someone to open their mind

2. stomp some sense into your dense ass skull

... And then talk about Karma. Hilarious!

Oh, and your line "and your not contributing to drug cartels unless you buy shitty weed.....PERIOD" - SO wrong. If you think all of the Banana Reeper and Bubble Kush your homeboys sold you was grown by a cancer patient in California, you're crazy. The Mexican Cartels have HUGE grow operations in Mexico and the US, Asian gangs also grow a shitload of high quality pot, especially in Canada.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Originally Posted by meenman

After reading this thread I have come to the conclusion that chances are, someone in my golf group is a closet stoner.

For those that think pot is nothing major and should be legalized - your time would be better spent working for candidates that agree with your feelings. You can post all you want about how it is better than alcohol and isnt that bad, but the fact of the matter is - it is illegal according to current laws and you should be locked up for using it.

I come out of hibernation to reply to this highly vindicative and condescending post. In MASS it is not criminal nor can you be arrrested for this if it is an amount less than that considered to be for sale. IE less than or equal to 1oz which is a lot. The most you can be ticketed is 100$ and use in public is not ticketable on the first request to stop use.

Just because you live in the dark ages of acceptance, and deny the fact that alcohol is 10000% worse for society does not mean more progressive areas do not.

Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

I am actually uniquely qualified for this.  I 've been working for a drug testing laboratory for the last decade .  I also used to play golf with a guy who then was a fairly prominent member of the PGA Tour.  That guy would smoke one just before playing every round, he said he couldn't hardly play without it.  Something with his nerves especially in putting settled him down.

Smoking marijuana the day wouldn't have any effect the following day.  You probably just had a bad day.  But Pot is pretty good at messing up your brain.  I haven't known too many brilliant people who smoked pot on a regular basis.

15 Legal Medical Marijuana States and DC
Laws, Fees, and Possession Limits

Ballot Measure 8 (58%)
$25/$20
1 oz usable; 6 plants (3 mature, 3 immature)
unknown 1
2010 Proposition 203 (50.13%) unknown 2 2.5 oz usable; 0-12 plants 3 Yes 4
Proposition 215 (56%)
$66/$33
8 oz usable; 18 plants (6 mature, 12 immature) 5 No
Ballot Amendment 20 (54%)
$90
2 oz usable; 6 plants (3 mature, 3 immature)
No
2010 Amendment Act B18-622 (13-0 vote) * 2 oz dried; limits on other forms to be determined unknown
Senate Bill 862 (32-18 House; 13-12 Senate)
$25
3 oz usable; 7 plants (3 mature, 4 immature)
No
Ballot Question 2 (61%) $100/$75
2.5 oz usable; 6 plants
2008 Proposal 1 (63%) $100/$25 2.5 oz usable; 12 plants Yes
Initiative 148 (62%)
$25/$10
1 oz usable; 6 plants
Yes
Ballot Question 9 (65%)
$150+
1 oz usable; 7 plants (3 mature, 4 immature)
No
Senate Bill 119 (48-14 House; 25-13 Senate) **
2 oz usable
unknown
2007 Senate Bill 523 (36-31 House; 32-3 Senate) $0
6 oz usable; 16 plants (4 mature, 12 immature)
No
Ballot Measure 67 (55%)
$100/$20
24 oz usable; 24 plants (6 mature, 18 immature)
No
Senate Bill 0710 (52-10 House; 33-1 Senate)
$75/$10
2.5 oz usable; 12 plants
Yes
Senate Bill 76 (22-7) HB 645 (82-59)
$50
2 oz usable; 9 plants (2 mature, 7 immature)
No
Initiative 692 (59%)
24 oz usable; 15 plants
No

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Quote:

This a pretty good example of what Pot can do to you.  Nuff said..

Note: This thread is 2722 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!