IGNORED

Marijuana use and the golf game

tanktwo2
Note: This thread is 2730 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by meenman

After reading this thread I have come to the conclusion that chances are, someone in my golf group is a closet stoner.

For those that think pot is nothing major and should be legalized - your time would be better spent working for candidates that agree with your feelings. You can post all you want about how it is better than alcohol and isnt that bad, but the fact of the matter is - it is illegal according to current laws and you should be locked up for using it.

Meenman. you have had some incredibly ignorant, baseless and quite wacky posts in this thread but this is a good one. First off, yes the odds are you have friends that smoke just about every day of their lives and you have no idea. And wow, low and behold they hold nice jobs, raise a good honest family and contribute to society.

To feel that a human being should be put in jail for ingesting a plant put on earth by God is very very sad. But I assume you only mean one should be locked up in 35 U.S. states because it is legal in the other 15. Actually I don't know of any state that locks up people who get caught using herb.  Jail is pretty much reserved for those who deal it in mass quantities not personal use.    Even the states where it is not legal classify it as a misdemeanor . So to feel people should be locked up for using it is a very odd way of thinking and you would be in the minority. Even the politicians and lawmakers do not agree with you on that one.  Thank God!

The baseless argument that pot is a stepping stone to harder drugs is a long-ago dismissed theory only regurgitated by the ignorant and uniformed.  If anything tobacco, alcohol, McDonalds crap burgers or caffein would be the stepping stone.

The people who work hard to legalize it are not only stoners. The people who work hard to legalize it are people with a brain who see the big picture.

In regards to the OP.  Your bad round was caused by the game being hard and you didn't have your best day. That's it.

• Upvote 1

to me you cant really compare weed to alcohol. You can have a beer and not feel hardly anything, you smoke one joint and your going to be pretty high. Even a couple puff off of a pipe and your going to be stoned, unless you have a strong tolerance built up but even in that case you are going to get pretty high. Being high and having one or two beers is totally different IMO. Most people grow up and stop using weed tho, more of a high school/ maybe college thing

johnny2balls you must be a doctor and a border patrol agent because you are talking like you are an expert on the medical issues and legal issues. More than likely though you are niether and like to talk out of your ass

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/marijuana-use-and-its-effects and this is a link from a credible website explaining weed and the side effects that come with it, and i cant belive none of yall used the google machine to figure this out and for the really pro pot people it has been found to be addictive but hey what do doctors know they just go to school for such a long time for fun and you smoking weed gives you the knowledge to know the body more than they do

For the record i have nothing against people smoking within a controlled environment but people acting like it has no effect are idiots and people that drive after smoking which many due also are idiots and and dont seem to accept they endanger others while doing so.

Johnny2balls

You sir are a breath of fresh air. The self willed ignorance of the American public is incredible. As you posted there are some really excellent documentries on Marijuana. The last one I saw on MSNBC (?) was very eye opening about the monies involved. To the point that many DA's were saying it should be legized b/c the court and incarceration costs are breaking the bank. Also, for years police chiefs have been saying if you take the money out of it that will take the crime out of it. On the other side of the coin the growers in northern Cal don't want it legalized b/c they would take a cut in pay.

There was a study done by a Dr and other advanced degreed ppl with ppl who suffer from chronic pain. There were 2 groups; one group used just their pain meds, the 2nd group used their pain meds and smoked some herb. After, I believe 6 months it was found that the 2nd group who used both their pain meds and toked used noticablly less of their pain meds. They felt this suggested that the THC moleclue has a "mediating" mechanism and of course should be further studied. Of course the FDA, AMA and drug companies didn't want to hear any of this and wouldn't give this study and review. I found that a little odd. For those of you that are not familar with chronic pain it is treated with very powerful opiates and methadone, even more addictive than heroin.

When the hell are we going to figure out that outlawing anything only makes it a stronger market and gets criminals involved. Especially in a capitalistics culture, its not if its illegal, its how much it costs and if its illlegal it will cost more and the seller doesn't have to worry about taxes. As a business man anywhere from a 80 to 120% profit can't be dismissed easally.

And we haven't even skirtted then industrial hemp market, which the US has really missed the boat on.

Originally Posted by tmorg

johnny2balls you must be a doctor and a border patrol agent because you are talking like you are an expert on the medical issues and legal issues. More than likely though you are niether and like to talk out of your ass

You are right. I am neither. But I do deal with medical doctors and PHDs on a daily basis as well have 3-4 in my regular group of golfers and just because you have a degree does not mean anything to me. I happen to have my MBA, own my medical supply company and put 2 kids through college. So what, who cares. The majority of doctors I know are brilliant in many aspects of life but many I know are also quite the opposite. They may know how to perform certain aspects of their jobs but can hardly balance their checkbook or remember simple rules of golf. "OK, tell me again for the 900th time, what's the difference between a red stake and yellow?"  Anyways for every one doctor who is in the pockets of the pharmaceutical companies who speaks against the use of herb I can give you many more who are righteous and moral who know it's a good plant and are not afraid to say it. For every study you can provide that says it may be a little psychologically addictive for a small amount of people, I can give many more that say the opposite. As far as talking out my ass. Far from it. I am talking 100% from personal experience and having interest of this subject for the past 30+ years.  Like I stated previously, I do not indulge in herb. It has been many many moons ago.   But just because I don't use it anymore does not mean my brain and common sense has gone out the window.

It's as simple as this.  My brother in law got testicular cancer about 4 years ago.  What do the doctors prescribe him?  Marinol.  Do you know what Marinol is?  It is a man made synthetic form of marijuana.  It's made in a laboratory by a pharmaceutical company.  Explain that to me with any sort of God given common sense. Instead of prescribing him a natural plant that will alleviate the symptoms they want to pump his body full of man made chemicals. But thankfully there were doctors who were consulting with him who advised him that if he did not want to take the Marinol that using herb would be totally fine.  It is illegal for one reason only $$$. Lobbyist, corruption, ignorance and greed.  It was on the November ballot in CA to make it fully legal. One of the main opponents of it was the growers in Northern California. Why? Money.  They believe it would cut into their money they make by growing it. Even those guys don't care about the God given right to use this holy herb. They only care about money. Greed and money is the evil of this world.  But it will change. Every November it will change a little more and a little more until it is eventually totally legal in the United States of America. I really do not mean to start a fight here. I just get so sick of the backwards, ignorant "Reefer Madness" propoganda talk about marijuana.  I only feel this way about marijuana. I do not feel the same about coke, heroine, speed etc..Pain medications have their place but not if a natural remedy is available and will work just as well if not better. I am all for freedoms when it comes to alcohol and tobacco but will say if you have ever seen a family member die from tobacco and on a breathing tube it is about the worse thing a human being can see. And I have never seen anything worse tear apart a family than alcohol. A bad alcoholic is sad, scary and dangerous. I have said all I need to say on this subject. Love

II

For the record i have nothing against people smoking within a controlled environment but people acting like it has no effect are idiots and people that drive after smoking which many due also are idiots and and dont seem to accept they endanger others while doing so.

Why do people keep saying garbage like this.  NO ONE IS ARGUING THE FACT THAT WEED HAS NO EFFECT.  People are just trying to point out the fact that it's not nearly as harmful as people make it out to be and is not that different than alcohol in terms of legality.  I'm going to be honest, I don't know the numbers, but I will flat out GUARANTEE that more people are hurt by alcohol than by weed...

Cleveland Launcher DST 10.5*

Ping G15 17*

Mizuno MP-53 4-PW with GS-95

Mizuno MPT-11 Black Nickel 52* and 58* with GS-95

Ping Redwood Anser

Originally Posted by ajschn06

Why do people keep saying garbage like this.  NO ONE IS ARGUING THE FACT THAT WEED HAS NO EFFECT.  People are just trying to point out the fact that it's not nearly as harmful as people make it out to be and is not that different than alcohol in terms of legality.  I'm going to be honest, I don't know the numbers, but I will flat out GUARANTEE that more people are hurt by alcohol than by weed...

Your statement is meaningless because more people USE alcohol than weed, by a fairly large margin.  All I can say to it is

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hmm, interesting 4putt. And how do you know this?

I'd think that b/c marijuana has been around longer than alcohol so I'd suspect just the opposite. Now if you are just talking about the US of A, then I can see it, although that margin is probably shrinking. If you are talking world wide, I would suspect the opposite.

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/marijuana-use-and-its-effects  and this is a link from a credible website explaining weed and the side effects that come with it, and i cant belive none of yall used the google machine to figure this out and for the really pro pot people it has been found to be addictive but hey what do doctors know they just go to school for such a long time for fun and you smoking weed gives you the knowledge to know the body more than they do

I am skeptical about any study on marijuana done by the AMA, FDA or the drug companies. As pointed out by Johnny2balls, its all about money. The last thing the drug companies what to see is the legalization of marijuana b/c it will be a loss in revenue.

The drug companies have 6 or more full time lobbyists in DC and if you don't think they have very much power look what happened to the legislation last year of our medical system. The way its played out so far absolutely shows where the power is; and that is with the drug and insurance companies. Since I've been in the trenches of medicine for the last 34 years I can tell you that neither of those enities have your best interest in mind, its all about money and whats best for them.

Johnny2balls for President!!!

callaway.gif Big Bertha Diablo 10 deg Driver
callaway.gif Big Bertha Diablo Hybrids 2 thru 4
taylormade.gif R9 Irons 5-GW 
ping.gif Eye 2 Lob Wedge dunlop.gif FZ Sand Wedge
ping.gif Karsten 1959 Zing Putter

I don't think so buddy, you'd be suprised.....I'm also confident in this: the ratio of people using alcohol-people abusing alcohol is worse than it is for marijuana.....

Originally Posted by Fourputt

Your statement is meaningless because more people USE alcohol than weed, by a fairly large margin.  All I can say to it is

Cleveland Launcher DST 10.5*

Ping G15 17*

Mizuno MP-53 4-PW with GS-95

Mizuno MPT-11 Black Nickel 52* and 58* with GS-95

Ping Redwood Anser

Originally Posted by ghalfaire

As long as I'm at it.  For those of you that think taking a little puff now and again doesn't hurt anyone, you ought to visit a recovering drug addict or clinic.  Maybe take a look at the number of people killed by drug cartels along the Mexican border or speak to citizens that don't use but were robbed by addicts to get money to pay for drugs.  Maybe visit a parent that abused or killed their children while high on Meth.  Try visiting a family that lost someone in a traffic accident to a driver that was just a little high.  You're just wrong to believe taking a hit or a puff once in awhile doesn't harm anyone.  It does and I have lost more than one person in my life because of illegal drugs.  Anything that helps make money for the drug cartels and dealers does damage to your fellow citizens and Country.   Sorry for getting off topic a little but some of the comments on this thread really hit a nerve with me.

You're not talking about weed.  Mine comes from an organic farmer in northern California.  There are no guns, violence, or gangs involved in its production or distribution.  No one was hurt in that whole chain.  That whole line of argument is such a canard.  Yes the Mexican cartels traffic marijuana, but I've never met a single person on the west coast who has ever smoked that schwag, and I'd bet the vast vast majority of people who can afford a set of golf clubs (ie, posters here) buy weed produced legally or sort of semi-legally either locally, in Cali, or in Canada.

And there's no such thing as a tweaked out weed addict robbing people or abusing their kids because of their weed addiction.  That sounds like a line from a government produced anti weed ad made by people who've never smoked and just assume without any knowledge that pot distribution and pot smokers are like crack distribution and methheads (or coke, meth, heroin, name your hard drug).

Have people caused accidents by driving stoned?  Sure.  But the risk of driving while stoned is SO much less than that of driving while drunk that if you want to make that argument as a general anti-weed one then you have to be 10 times as passionate arguing for renewing prohibition, and that's an argument I've literally never heard a passionate marijuana hater make.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You're not talking about weed.  Mine comes from an organic farmer in northern California.  There are no guns, violence, or gangs involved in its production or distribution.  No one was hurt in that whole chain.  That whole line of argument is such a canard.  Yes the Mexican cartels traffic marijuana, but I've never met a single person on the west coast who has ever smoked that schwag, and I'd bet the vast vast majority of people who can afford a set of golf clubs (ie, posters here) buy weed produced legally or sort of semi-legally either locally, in Cali, or in Canada.   And there's no such thing as a tweaked out weed addict robbing people or abusing their kids because of their weed addiction.  That sounds like a line from a government produced anti weed ad made by people who've never smoked and just assume without any knowledge that pot distribution and pot smokers are like crack distribution and methheads (or coke, meth, heroin, name your hard drug).     Have people caused accidents by driving stoned?  Sure.  But the risk of driving while stoned is SO much less than that of driving while drunk that if you want to make that argument as a general anti-weed one then you have to be 10 times as passionate arguing for renewing prohibition, and that's an argument I've literally never heard a passionate marijuana hater make.  [/quote] 100% agree with this post. Would love to hear all about prohibition, like the nat will happen. I have to now, my funds are tapped. So I need to go rob someplace so I can get some Doritos. Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Happy Gilmore was a Hack!

You are right. I am neither. But I do deal with medical doctors and PHDs on a daily basis as well have 3-4 in my regular group of golfers and just because you have a degree does not mean anything to me. I happen to have my MBA, own my medical supply company and put 2 kids through college. So what, who cares. The majority of doctors I know are brilliant in many aspects of life but many I know are also quite the opposite. They may know how to perform certain aspects of their jobs but can hardly balance their checkbook or remember simple rules of golf. "OK, tell me again for the 900th time, what's the difference between a red stake and yellow?"  Anyways for every one doctor who is in the pockets of the pharmaceutical companies who speaks against the use of herb I can give you many more who are righteous and moral who know it's a good plant and are not afraid to say it. For every study you can provide that says it may be a little psychologically addictive for a small amount of people, I can give many more that say the opposite. As far as talking out my ass. Far from it. I am talking 100% from personal experience and having interest of this subject for the past 30+ years.  Like I stated previously, I do not indulge in herb. It has been many many moons ago.   But just because I don't use it anymore does not mean my brain and common sense has gone out the window.

It's as simple as this.  My brother in law got testicular cancer about 4 years ago.  What do the doctors prescribe him?  Marinol.  Do you know what Marinol is?  It is a man made synthetic form of marijuana.  It's made in a laboratory by a pharmaceutical company.  Explain that to me with any sort of God given common sense. Instead of prescribing him a natural plant that will alleviate the symptoms they want to pump his body full of man made chemicals. But thankfully there were doctors who were consulting with him who advised him that if he did not want to take the Marinol that using herb would be totally fine.  It is illegal for one reason only $$$. Lobbyist, corruption, ignorance and greed.  It was on the November ballot in CA to make it fully legal. One of the main opponents of it was the growers in Northern California. Why? Money.  They believe it would cut into their money they make by growing it. Even those guys don't care about the God given right to use this holy herb. They only care about money. Greed and money is the evil of this world.  But it will change. Every November it will change a little more and a little more until it is eventually totally legal in the United States of America. I really do not mean to start a fight here. I just get so sick of the backwards, ignorant "Reefer Madness" propoganda talk about marijuana.  I only feel this way about marijuana. I do not feel the same about coke, heroine, speed etc..Pain medications have their place but not if a natural remedy is available and will work just as well if not better. I am all for freedoms when it comes to alcohol and tobacco but will say if you have ever seen a family member die from tobacco and on a breathing tube it is about the worse thing a human being can see. And I have never seen anything worse tear apart a family than alcohol. A bad alcoholic is sad, scary and dangerous. I have said all I need to say on this subject. Love

II

Post of the century right here! I applaud you sincerely.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Originally Posted by ghalfaire

You're probably a lot younger than me but " Amen to that" means I agree with the statement I quoted.  It isn't a religious statement in this context.  But I suppose anyone under 40 might not know that depending upon what part of the country you come from.

As long as I'm at it.  For those of you that think taking a little puff now and again doesn't hurt anyone, you ought to visit a recovering drug addict or clinic.  Maybe take a look at the number of people killed by drug cartels along the Mexican border or speak to citizens that don't use but were robbed by addicts to get money to pay for drugs.  Maybe visit a parent that abused or killed their children while high on Meth.  Try visiting a family that lost someone in a traffic accident to a driver that was just a little high.  You're just wrong to believe taking a hit or a puff once in awhile doesn't harm anyone.  It does and I have lost more than one person in my life because of illegal drugs.  Anything that helps make money for the drug cartels and dealers does damage to your fellow citizens and Country.   Sorry for getting off topic a little but some of the comments on this thread really hit a nerve with me.

OMFG man I had to stop this right here get a life!!!! get that golf club outta ur buddies ass u punk....dude you so close minded if I ever see you i shoot you in the head I bet you open up!!!! marijuana is a drug but a very VERY weak drug compared you your pills and alcohol you consume!?!?!?! GET A LIFE DUUUDE I swear its people like you I dont mind running up to a knocking straight out and trying to stomp some sense into your dense ass skull....Karma will come you wanna seriously compare smoking "weed" to people who smoke meth? I smoke plenty off weed and have for years and never once even thought about trying that garbage!!!!and your not contributing to drug cartels unless you buy shitty weed.....PERIOD stupid get your head outta your daughters snatch and grow up!!!! im out all I wanted to do is make you feel like a piece of shit I hope I accomplished that people like you are TRASH to society and give NORMAL people HARD WORKING people like us who like to get a little loose after a hard day at work c'mon by the way I had sex with your wife!(while we were smoking pot)

Note: This thread is 2730 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!