IGNORED

How often do you lose balls on the course?

PaulMVR
Note: This thread is 4780 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

there are weeks where I go with the same ball..then there are days where I'll lose 3 or 4 of them. It really depends on the course... most of my lost balls come off of an errant drive, or me being stupid, 250 to the center of the green on a par 5 and I'll try to 3 jack it there and I end up spraying it into the water.

DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

Originally Posted by PaulMVR

On my last round before the snow fell in 2010, I came to the 166 yard par 3 last hole with a water hazard off to the left.  I had 7 balls left in my bag.

So I tee it up and hit a pull right into the water. Then I teed it up again and did the same thing. At this point I would usually just drop the ball somewhere

up by the green and chip putt and leave.  But since I was pretty sure it was my last round of the year, I was going to lose every damn ball in my bag before

I gave up trying to hit the green  ... Luckily, with my last ball, I hit an awesome shot that landed about 4 feet from the hole!

So?  Did you make the putt for the 14??  Inquiring minds want to now.  LOL

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I know we've discussed this before in another thread, but I'm with you.  I occasionally go through a round without losing a ball, but it's rare.  This thread makes me feel like I must be playing entirely different golf courses with entirely different types of golfers than the posters here.  I've played lots and lots of rounds with bogey (or worse) golfers-they lose tons of balls.  Guesstimating here, but I reckon I've never played an 18 hole round with a 15 'capper (or higher) where the guy made it through the round with one ball.  Never.  Even when I've played with other single digit 'cappers they usually lose at least one ball during the round.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

I can't remember the last time I played an 18 hole round with one ball. Maybe never. I can play a scuffed ball or a found POS for almost an entire round, but a sleeve of shiny tour balls has a very short life expectancy.

Depends on the course.  On pretty open courses I'll rarely lose a ball anymore, except balls I hit into the rough and know approximately where they are and they somehow just disappear.  On really tough, tight courses it can be anywhere from 0 to 5 or 6.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

I try not to keep track of my friends antics wrt lost balls, but I'd say my experiences are consistent with yours. I'll post back here the time I play a round where even a single person in our group plays the whole round with one ball. Keep in mind we won't be playing for at least a month and a half.

Originally Posted by max power

I know we've discussed this before in another thread, but I'm with you.  I occasionally go through a round without losing a ball, but it's rare.  This thread makes me feel like I must be playing entirely different golf course with entirely different types of golfers than the posters here.  I've played lots and lots of rounds with bogey (or worse) golfers-they lose tons of balls.  Guesstimating here, but I reckon I've never played an 18 hole round with a 15 'capper (or higher) where the guy made it through the round with one ball.  Never.  Even when I've played with other single digit 'cappers they usually lose at least one ball during the round.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I think different regions have different types of courses, which affects how many balls are lost.      In my area, you miss a fairway, you're in woods (talking SHERWOOD FOREST deep woods).       I've played in MB & Mesquite recently & it's totally different ... I lost balls there too, but not nearly as many.     Just saying, northern wooded courses eat more balls ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

One a round I would say.....

As inthehole said....depends on the course.

Calgary courses aren't exactly forest-y.....more thick fescue than anything...which eats balls....( bad wording? )

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Originally Posted by turtleback

So?  Did you make the putt for the 14??  Inquiring minds want to now.  LOL

I actually don't remember.... but I didn't really care at that point... I might have just picked it up off the green and left.

Drugs are bad. M'kay.

I change my swing every time I don't shoot par for the course.

Best Round: 89 at Lake Park Golf Course, Lewisville, TX   66.5/102

When I first started out in the summer of '09, I would lose probably 3-4 per round, Toward the end of last season though, started shooting low-90's/high-80's consistently and I am about 1 per round now. Some days more, some days none.

The last round I played I lost Freaking 7 balls because the ground here in Ohio was so muddy and wet that I swear I found like 10 balls logged into the ground.  My thing is I usually lose 3-4 (average) but what pisses me off is when I'm playing and I lose a ball that was hit perfectly.  Honestly (other than slow players) that is the most frustrating thing in golf .

callaway.gif   FT-i driver,  FT 4-wood,  X Utility Prototype 18* hybrid-iron / Big Bertha Diablo 3 & 4  hybrids

Tour Preferred CB 5-PW irons

callaway.gif   X-Forged 52*, X-Forged 56*/58*, X-Forged 64*  wedges  

Daddy Long Legs (38'') putter

:nike:RZN Platinum ball

I hit it "long and wrong" so I'm lucky to lose about 1-3 around depending on how stubborn I am. That is the main thing that will decide how many I lose. If I can get myself to hit a 6 iron into the fairway over a driver over the trees and water, then chances are that I'll lose less balls. Maybe even shoot a better score. Hmmmm...

taylormade.gif R9 460 9.5* Stiff
cobra.gif Baffler 2h
 JPX 800 Pro 4-PW  *New! eBay gamble paid off!*
cleveland.gif CG14 52* /  MP T-10 56* /  callaway.gif Vintage Tour X Wedge 60*

taylormade.gif Spider Ghost /  Z Star Yellow

Note: This thread is 4780 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!