IGNORED

How often do you lose balls on the course?

PaulMVR
Note: This thread is 4780 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Before I got my contacts I would lose a ton (I hated playing with glasses on because if my head moved slightly it would screw me up).  I still lose the occasional ball though, not nearly as many as before when I used to just lose them in the rough.

funny story today. I played with a guy who always fades the ball. every shot fades or slices. anyway, on a par 3 about 120 yards, it is straight and I am thinking no problem for him to hit the green. oh yeah, water on the left side. as he approaches his ball he tells me, "I always lose a ball on this hole. hits his shot, and draws it right into the middle of the water. he never hit another draw or pull again in the round. every shot was a fade. I guess you could say it is his nemesis hole. and he loses a ball every round.

golf is a lot like life. the more you enjoy it, the better off you are. a3_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by golf4fun12

funny story today. I played with a guy who always fades the ball. every shot fades or slices. anyway, on a par 3 about 120 yards, it is straight and I am thinking no problem for him to hit the green. oh yeah, water on the left side. as he approaches his ball he tells me, "I always lose a ball on this hole. hits his shot, and draws it right into the middle of the water. he never hit another draw or pull again in the round. every shot was a fade. I guess you could say it is his nemesis hole. and he loses a ball every round.

Funny, but I have the same kind of hole, I can't/don't EVER draw the ball, except......on a par three that I have to hit 3i or 4i with OB on the left, 3 out of 4 times I play that hole I hit a draw and over the fence!

But overall I have been on a great streak for the last couple of years on losing balls.  I lose a ball about every 2 or 3 rounds, last summer went on a golf trip with some buddies, played 5 rounds of golf and needed one sleeve of balls.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

Just got back from my buddies trip to NC.  90 holes in 3 days and I lost 2 balls.  Played 1 ball for something like 42 holes.  Typically I play a full 18 with a ball then put it in my secondary pocket if it's really dinged up.  I don't know if I'm just good at keeping my eye on the ball once it goes towards the woods or I just get lucky, but I'm the one in the group usually finding everyone else when someone is in the woods.

Lose one from time to time.  Usually in water - rarely on "dry land".  I retire mine to the "just in case" category (just in case I'm having a terrible day and don't want to waste a new ball!) and eventually to the shag bag.  I usually use two balls during a round.  Have a "spare" in my right pocket at all times - as a matter of fact if I don't it bothers me (a golfer with a bizarre habit - who knew?).  Will swap balls if one gets dirty/stained and I haven't washed it or if a washer isn't available.

Originally Posted by lumpuckeroo

Funny, but I have the same kind of hole, I can't/don't EVER draw the ball, except......on a par three that I have to hit 3i or 4i with OB on the left, 3 out of 4 times I play that hole I hit a draw and over the fence!

But overall I have been on a great streak for the last couple of years on losing balls.  I lose a ball about every 2 or 3 rounds, last summer went on a golf trip with some buddies, played 5 rounds of golf and needed one sleeve of balls.

very nice. anytime you can just use one sleeve for 5 rounds is a win.

yeah, he basically just picked up his tee and walked to drop his ball. like no surprise, it happened again. funny stuff really. cause he called his disaster shot.

golf is a lot like life. the more you enjoy it, the better off you are. a3_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by stealthduffer

Lose one from time to time.  Usually in water - rarely on "dry land".  I retire mine to the "just in case" category (just in case I'm having a terrible day and don't want to waste a new ball!) and eventually to the shag bag.  I usually use two balls during a round.  Have a "spare" in my right pocket at all times - as a matter of fact if I don't it bothers me (a golfer with a bizarre habit - who knew?).  Will swap balls if one gets dirty/stained and I haven't washed it or if a washer isn't available.

yeah, i also keep a spare "just-in-case" ball in my right pocket all the time.  its there mostly if i need to hit a provisional after a suspicious drive.  i find when its there though, i usually don't ever need it.   our dumbo's feather, i suppose....

In my Grom Stand bag:

Driver: Ping G20, 8.5 Tour Stiff
Wood/Hybrid: G20 3W, Raylor 19*, 22*
Irons: R9 5I - SW, TM CGB LW

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi-Mid

Favorites: Old Ranch (Seal Beach), Ike/Babe (Industry Hills), Skylinks (Long Beach), Desert Willow (Palm Desert)

I can't remember the last time I played an 18 hole round with one ball. Maybe never. I can play a scuffed ball or a found POS for almost an entire round, but a sleeve of shiny tour balls has a very short life expectancy.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I lose 6-8 a round easy.     Lets just say I'm not buying Pro-V1's yet ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by inthehole

I lose 6-8 a round easy.     Lets just say I'm not buying Pro-V1's yet ...

damn!! at that rate, just use range balls. haha, jk.

I tend to lose 3-5 a round. I like those Precept Laddie balls, $20 for 24 balls sounds good to me.

Hyper X 10º driver Diablo Edge 9.5º backup driver

Burner Rescue 3 hybrid 4-A irons 56º wedge 60º wedge CRAZ-E putter

Since I hardly hit the ball out of my shadow I rarely loose balls until fall.  I take more balls out of play because of scuff marks. I made it through last year on 2 dozen balls.  I probably only played the equivalent of 36 rounds.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

On my last round before the snow fell in 2010, I came to the 166 yard par 3 last hole with a water hazard off to the left.  I had 7 balls left in my bag.

So I tee it up and hit a pull right into the water. Then I teed it up again and did the same thing. At this point I would usually just drop the ball somewhere

up by the green and chip putt and leave.  But since I was pretty sure it was my last round of the year, I was going to lose every damn ball in my bag before

I gave up trying to hit the green  ... Luckily, with my last ball, I hit an awesome shot that landed about 4 feet from the hole!

Drugs are bad. M'kay.

I change my swing every time I don't shoot par for the course.

Best Round: 89 at Lake Park Golf Course, Lewisville, TX   66.5/102

I played 2 rounds last year without losing a ball. Normally though I will lose 1-4 depending on course/conditions/etc.

And I like the "Tin Cup" moment there haha

Originally Posted by PaulMVR

On my last round before the snow fell in 2010, I came to the 166 yard par 3 last hole with a water hazard off to the left.  I had 7 balls left in my bag.

So I tee it up and hit a pull right into the water. Then I teed it up again and did the same thing. At this point I would usually just drop the ball somewhere

up by the green and chip putt and leave.  But since I was pretty sure it was my last round of the year, I was going to lose every damn ball in my bag before

I gave up trying to hit the green  ... Luckily, with my last ball, I hit an awesome shot that landed about 4 feet from the hole!

2013 Goal:

Single digit handicap

Note: This thread is 4780 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!