• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pueblo

Do you play in golf shoes, running shoes, Crocs or ?

56 posts in this topic

I prefer running shoes but do play in golf shoes. How about you?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Golf shoes for rounds and any kind of practice (even on the mats in the dome in the winter).  My usual boots are too thick, I don't wear running shoes and I can't get the traction I'd like with my VFF's.

Originally Posted by newtogolf

On the course - golf shoes always.  On the range - running shoes

You consciously practice in different footwear? Different traction and sole height? Is this when you practice off mats or always?

shoes that are made for golf

Originally Posted by sean_miller

You consciously practice in different footwear? Different traction and sole height? Is this when you practice off mats or always?

The ranges near me are mat only (wish there was grass ranges close by).  I usually don't bother to change shoes for hitting off mats.  Do you think it would be better if I wore golf shoes during practice on mats too?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Golf shoes on the course. If possible, golf shoes on the range as well. I don't like sliding at all when I'm standing on mats.

Golf shoes or, in warm weather, golf sandals.  Funny that Crocs were mentioned.  They used to own the Bite Golf shoe brand but I believe that went kaput.  I own a few pairs of Bite shoes and sandals.  Very comfy golf footwear. I'm sorry they are no longer available.

There was a thread earlier with some links to Sketcher Bobcat and Asics. These are athletic shoes with alot of traction but no 'cleats'.

Here's another one.

http://www.amazon.com/Bite-Trekker-Travel-Aztec-Wheat/dp/B000E0XZZS/ref=sr_1_83?s=golf&ie;=UTF8&qid;=1301682442&sr;=1-83

Golf Shoes for course and practice with the occasional "I'm too lazy to change my shoes to hit 50 balls off a mat"...

Originally Posted by Dave H

Golf Shoes for course and practice with the occasional "I'm too lazy to change my shoes to hit 50 balls off a mat"...

this is what i normally do, except for last week, a day after it rained, i slipped on the mat -- did a full 180 after my swing.  at least i didn't fall...

since then, always golf shoes for the range.

On the course and on the range I wear golf shoes 95% of the time.

Golf shoes only.  Odd time I'll have my steel toe shoes on if I am taking a quick coffee break at the range, but I am considering keeping them in the truck all season this year.  And....you wouldn't catch me wearing Crocs on or off the course, anytime, period.

always golf shoes for me as well. golf shoes should be worn since they aid you in keeping your footing.