IGNORED

Walking With a Pull Cart

Note: This thread is 4526 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I got a Sun Mountain Speed Cart for Christmas last year and I love it. I don't feel as fatigued as I do carrying. Not that it is a HUGE difference but every little bit helps. I love it so far and have not noticed it to be any more difficult over hilly terrain.

--- Rebel Golfer ---

I want a push cart soooo bad, but I'm thinking about the age factor as well.  I just hate carrying clubs for 18; feel like my swing goes down hill around hole 14ish.

LIVING A DREAM
BOWLING GREEN STATE UNIVERSITY #56

I too am toying with the idea of a push cart. At 37, I am right at the age where at times my ego still gets the best of me. Also, I would be the only one walking in my regular playing group. I think when it comes down to it I will have one here in the next few weeks.

Anyone own the Trekker TC3?

titleist.gif Titleist 910 D3 - Project X 6.0 7C3 Shaft  |  adams.gif Adams XTD Super Hybrid - 15 degrees  
adams.gif Adams Idea Pro A12 Hybrid - 18 degrees 
Adams CB2 - KBS Tour Shafts - 4 - PW
vokey.gif Vokey 54.10 Oil Can  |  vokey.gif Vokey 60.07 Oil Can  |  rife.gif Rife Trinidad - SuperStroke

Originally Posted by Wet Doggg

I too am toying with the idea of a push cart. At 37, I am right at the age where at times my ego still gets the best of me. Also, I would be the only one walking in my regular playing group. I think when it comes down to it I will have one here in the next few weeks.

Anyone own the Trekker TC3?

Ha!  I'm 37 too (though about to turn 38) and just bought a Trekker TC3 over the weekend.  I haven't had the chance to use it yet but I did a fair amount of research online and went out and looked at it and compared it to the Clicgear 3.0 and to me the CG wasn't worth the extra $$.  Plus, the local shop I like to give my business to doesn't carry Clicgear.  The Trekker is very light and collapses down pretty easily.  The back wheels fold in too so I can get it to fit in the smallish trunk of my Mazda3 hatchback along with my bag and clubs, which is a feat.  It's rainy rainy rainy here so I probably won't get to use it soon but I'll post a first round review once I get the chance.

I haven't walked a course since college.  I'm a lazy f*ck and have always ridden in a cart.  To me it was always worth the extra $12 or $15.  But I've also never taken the game as seriously as I plan to this year.  I also want the exercise and, in the end, if I use the cart 10 - 15 times and walk I've paid for it.

:tmade: SLDR 12* :ping: G20 4W :adams: Speedline Super S 4H :mizuno: JPX-825 Pro 4-G :tmade: ATV 56* & 60* :cameron: 2014 Select Newport or 1997 Teryllium 3 Newport

Originally Posted by colnago1331

Ha!  I'm 37 too (though about to turn 38) and just bought a Trekker TC3 over the weekend.  I haven't had the chance to use it yet but I did a fair amount of research online and went out and looked at it and compared it to the Clicgear 3.0 and to me the CG wasn't worth the extra $$.  Plus, the local shop I like to give my business to doesn't carry Clicgear.  The Trekker is very light and collapses down pretty easily.  The back wheels fold in too so I can get it to fit in the smallish trunk of my Mazda3 hatchback along with my bag and clubs, which is a feat.  It's rainy rainy rainy here so I probably won't get to use it soon but I'll post a first round review once I get the chance.

I haven't walked a course since college.  I'm a lazy f*ck and have always ridden in a cart.  To me it was always worth the extra $12 or $15.  But I've also never taken the game as seriously as I plan to this year.  I also want the exercise and, in the end, if I use the cart 10 - 15 times and walk I've paid for it.

Thanks for the reply. I am really curious what you think of the Trekker. I do have one question that you might be able to answer. Do you think it is possible to secure two bags to the cart. Not big bags at all. Mine and either my wife's or my four year olds little bag.

titleist.gif Titleist 910 D3 - Project X 6.0 7C3 Shaft  |  adams.gif Adams XTD Super Hybrid - 15 degrees  
vokey.gif Vokey 54.10 Oil Can  |  vokey.gif Vokey 60.07 Oil Can  |  rife.gif Rife Trinidad - SuperStroke

I'm only there because of the anniversary deal too. The place isn't that close for me, everyone that works there is an arsehole, and since the membership drive (money grab), the course condition has gone way downhill. With the opening of Shining rock and Highfields in the area (both better and much cheaper) the place will be in trouble when the memberships run out

Originally Posted by NI4NI

Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner.  I have not found one person who agrees with it; the owner makes the rules based on his view of how things should be.  This is the same place where a member playing alone had his membership suspended for playing through a foursome who asked him to play through since there was no one else on the course.

I only play there because of the insane anniversary membership I bought last season.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wet Doggg

Thanks for the reply. I am really curious what you think of the Trekker. I do have one question that you might be able to answer. Do you think it is possible to secure two bags to the cart. Not big bags at all. Mine and either my wife's or my four year olds little bag.

The thing is folder up in my car at the moment but my guess is no.  The part that holds the base/bottom of the bag isn't all that big - smaller than the bottom of the bag, in fact.  So there'd be nothing supporting the bottom of the second bag.  You might be able to get away with securing your kid's bag to it as I'm sure it's quite light.  The problem is the bands that secure the bag to the cart are elastic and I'd guess you'd stretch them out trying to squeeze two bags between them instead of one.

:tmade: SLDR 12* :ping: G20 4W :adams: Speedline Super S 4H :mizuno: JPX-825 Pro 4-G :tmade: ATV 56* & 60* :cameron: 2014 Select Newport or 1997 Teryllium 3 Newport

Okay, played 9 today with the new cart (Trekker TC3) and I love the damn thing!  It's incredibly light and easy to maneuver.  It folds up sooooo small.  It has a nice compartment for my iPhone (which doubles as a GPS).  The only downside is I have to slightly rotate my Sun Mountain Four 5 bag in order to get it to fit correctly (and to be fair, I have to rotate it to fit it on the back of some carts too).

Wet Dogg - I can now definitively say that the TC3 will not carry more than one bag.  I'm doubtful you could even double up with your kid's bag.  Sorry!

There is no need to use the Clicgear 2.0 or 3.0 as a push cart, I know lots of players using it as a pull cart !!!

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

I'm 37 here too, seems to be a popular age on this thread.  I only walk sometimes when im playing as a single, ill use whatever push carts the course has.   I dont really play to get exercise, its just for fun.   Many times during the week ill play before work(work at night) and sometimes time is tight so walking many times isnt even an option and some courses wont even allow you to walk.   Ive only carried my bag a few times, its a cart bag and its not light and i dont plan on doing it again unless i have to.  The farthest i carry it is when im at the range, that 100 yard or so walk is far enough.

Driver-Taylormade Burner Ti 420 cc 10.5 deg reg flex
3 wood-orlimar rcx 14 deg
Hybrids-warrior golf 20 deg, 23 deg and 26 deg
6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 irons steel shafts, reg flex, 56 deg tour series wedge
Putter-Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet...

Man, you guys are YOUNG!  ;)  Been using a 3-wheeler cart since I started playing again ('06) and it has been the best thing I could do to help my game. My back won't take more than 9 holes, at most, and the score suffers. And then there's trying to get back to the parking lot... And it is a real help in the summer when the temps are 100+ as I refuse to ride in a cart, for now. That will likely happen sooner than I want anyway. I'm 56 BTW, but some days I feel younger, some older. You young(er) guys will get here soon enough.

In the Bag

Ping i15 8* Diamana Whiteboard

Titleist 909f3 13.5* Aldila NV

Ping S57 3-PW KBS C-taper

Macgregor 52, 56, and 60 wedges

SC Newport 2.5

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Colnago...thanks for the update on the cart. Glad you liked it. Decisions...decisions.

• 4 months later...

I just got a used Titleist Stowaway cart yesterday, can't wait to try it out. At 42 I was thinking I might be to "young" to be using one, but I am starting to get tired of lugging the bag mid way through the back nine!

I use a Bag Boy Sidekick push cart. It's easy to push, and simple to fold up. I walked 36 yesterday.

Callaway Big Bertha 10.5

Callaway X2Hot Hybrids 16*, 22*, 25*

Callaway XR Irons 6-AW

Callaway Mack Daddy 2 54*,59*, 64*

Odyssey Metal-X Milled Rossie Putter

Bag Boy Revolver LE bag

Bag Boy Quad cart

Pulled the trigger on a Sun Mountain Microcart a couple of days ago. Needed something that would fold up nice and small to fit in the back of the car (Toyota Yaris 2010) and not use up the entire boot/trunk.

Will report back once it's been taken out for a round but from the number of people at my club who own them already or the three separate people in the parking lot who said to me, "You can't go wrong with that cart; I love mine" or similar I'm looking forward to it.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

And once you hit 50, you no longer care what looks silly/feels weird/other people think. My Clic (and previously a SunMountain) has allowed me to continue walking without killing my lower back by carrying a bag.

Pushing a cart does involve some deviations on the course that carrying doesn't, but to me it's worth it. And I still get to walk.  :)

In the Bag

Ping i15 8* Diamana Whiteboard

Titleist 909f3 13.5* Aldila NV

Ping S57 3-PW KBS C-taper

Macgregor 52, 56, and 60 wedges

SC Newport 2.5

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

I'm 25 and use a cart! I have had a history of back problems so using a cart definitely helps. I have the one-click tour trek from Golfsmith. I bought it for 150, but its been lowered to 120. Its a great cart and very comparable to the clicgear 3.0. I highly recommend it:

http://www.golfsmith.com/products/306575/Tour_Trek/One-Click_Collapsible_Push_Cart

• 2 weeks later...

I love walking (and use a pull cart) but 4 degenerated discs in the lumbar region of my back tell me that carrying a golf bag is not a good idea.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

Note: This thread is 4526 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!