IGNORED

Your Goals for 2007

iacas
Note: This thread is 6034 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Improver My Putting There has been way to many times that im inside 15 feet and i could easily make them for birdie, instead i decide to make a dumb stroke.
Win My Junior Club Champs I won it last year for the for time, do i hear a 2-peat
Win the Mens Club Champs My course where i play they let the winner of the junior club champs play in the mens. Not alot of great golfers at the course, last year i placed 5th and i was only 13, this year i'll be 14 and i wanna win!

Main Goals:

Qualify for the Ontario Amateur
Finish Top 10 in 2 Fidra Midwest Collegiate Series Events
Drop handicap to under a 2
Whats in the Bag?

Titleist 907D2 - UST ProForce V2 65S
Callaway X-Tour 15* - Fujikira Tour Platform
Titleist 755 - DG S300TM RAC TP Wedges - 52, 56, 60YES! Tracy IITitliest PRO-V1
Current Handicap - 4

Focus: Learn to stay mentally focused for all 18 holes. My focus seems to fade after 12 or 13th hole.
Eliminate double bogeys: One or two a round makes me have to really grind it out to shoot a good overall score.
Play more by myself: I tend to get a lot more out of a round when I play alone and am not worried what others are doing.
Shoot par.
Play in some local tournaments.
Get better at 100yds. and in.

In the bag:
Driver: Taylor Made 09' Burner 9.5*
Woods: Nicklaus 18* Hybrid
Cobra DWS Baffler Hybrid 20*
Irons: Mizuno MX-200 4-Gw Project x 5.5Wedge: Cleveland Black Pearl CG14 54* & 58*Putter: Scotty Cameron TEI 3 Newport 2Balls: Prov1x

In order of priority from the top down, top being the most important...

Learn how to use a wedge properly . My current short-game is atrocious, within 70 yards or so of the green. Between the mishits, the fat shots, the occasional top (or worse: hitting right in the middle of the ball, causing it to fly on a much lower trajectory, usually rolling 30 yards or so over the green), I'd wager my short game is costing me 15 strokes per round. I'm also virtually unable to get up and down, my wedge shot leaves me in two-putt range, even if it was from 10 yards out. I think I should get a lesson with a pro and just spend an hour using the wedge to fix that.

Eliminate the gopher burner. Nothing's more frustrating than for me to hit a perfect drive on a long par 4 or 5, and then hit the 3 wood off the deck, watch the ball rise 3 feet off the ground and travel only 150 yards. I'd wager that two out of three of my 3 wood shots are like this. Most of the remaining third are fat shots, so I'm either hitting the top of the ball, or getting under it altogether.

Get a job. Although not directly related to golf, my golf game is probably suffering because I'm trying to pay for college on one hand, golf on the other, and I have no real income. I hit balls that probably belong in the river with no shame (Range balls--that even the driving range's gotten rid of.)

Finish regripping my clubs. I'd started getting new grips for my clubs about two weeks ago, replacing a handful of Lamkins (awful feel on the grip) with Winn G8's, but I ran out of money and had to scrimp--leaving my irons, sand wedge, and putter without new grips.

That's all I can think of now, except I'm working on fixing my grip, and I'm going to see how that goes.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Another goal for me--play at least 9 holes without losing a ball for once. The numer of balls I typically lose on a round of golf is atrocious--a few days ago I lost at least 8 balls on 18 holes, killing my score. It's mainly because I grip it and rip it, hitting the ball as hard as I can and then going looking for it. I get good range, but I end up two fairways over, in the deep rough, or out of bounds altogether.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Lower handicap - To lower my handicap to 15-18.
That's my main goal for the year.
In My Bag:
Driver: Cobra F Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
3 Wood: Cobra F Speed 15°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
Irons: Cobra 2300 I/M 3-PW
Wedge: Cobra M 54°Putter: Yes! SophiaBall: TaylorMade TP Red

To work my way back physically into playing shape. To maybe suck it up and realize that I might need some super game improvement irons since I'm unable to get the ball up anymore. To stop looking at new putters when the one I have is just fine.

"I played like shit." -Greg Norman after the '96 Masters.

My goal last year was to break 90 consistently....this year is to shot 85 more often than not. By virtue of the 80's scores I want my handicap index to be 13.5 or better by season's end.

*cross fingers*

What's in the bag

Driver: Speed LD F Driver 9.5°
5 wood: 909F2 18.5°
Hybrid: EDGE CFT 21°Irons: i5 - 4-pwWedges: CG10 52°, 56°, & 60° degreePutter: Udrainium Doc 15Ball: DT SoLoHome Courses: Spring Lakes Golf Club, Stouffville, ON & Ocean Ridge Plantation Golf, Sunset...

I just got a membership at the local course, so my goal is to shoot 85 consistently there after this summer.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Practice : Spend time on the range and short game practice at least once per week. Practice short shots after hours in a large school yard down the street.

Play : No less than once per week if I can help it. More often when I can.

Irons : Work on consistency. Get GIR's up in the 50% range. Find a set of irons that suits my game better and learn to love them.

Driver : Upgrade soon but work on fading the driver. I draw the ball on most every shot but an intentional fade would be helpful.

Putting : Practice lags and get the number down to 30 per round.

Mental : Be deliberate over every shot especially on the last 2-3 hole per round.

Family : Continue to play weekly with my 16-year-old daughter and help her break 100 by the end of the summer.

r7 425 Quad 9.5*
V Steel 15* r7 21* 4-PW rac lt CG11 gunmetal 52*, 56*, 60* wedges 2-Ball belly putter

lower my handicap by 6-7 strokes

In My Bag:
Driver: R9 TP 9.5°
Hybrids: Idea Pro, 16°, 20°, VS Proto
Irons: TP MB 4-P
Wedges: Vokey SM 50.08 54°, 60°Putter: NP2

Im not the best golfer but im only thirteen.

-Break 100

-Get another Par or Poissibly Birdie

-Drive 200 meters (i drive 150-180 now)

there are my goals

single digit handicap. I feel my short game needs the most work so thats where i will focus my practice on.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

Note: This thread is 6034 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!