IGNORED

The Dan Plan - 10,000 Hours to Become a Pro Golfer (Dan McLaughlin)

Jonnydanger81
Note: This thread is 2412 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

6 minutes ago, Lihu said:

He quit his job and told the world that he's going to become one of the best golfers in the world by putting in 10,000 hours of deliberate practice. I don't see how @Pretzel is over stating anything?

He wanted to dedicate 10,000 hrs to mastering golf ...being one of the best players in the world I believe ,again ,is overstating the situation.Pretzel is going on about him (Pretzel) having a better chance than Dan of becoming a pro and enjoying watching Dan crash and burn......jeez....chill out.

Note: I do not answer direct questions or points raised against my untested and unproven theories, have no history of teaching anyone, and post essentially the same nonsense in everyone's Member Swing threads.

2 minutes ago, collapse said:

He wanted to dedicate 10,000 hrs to mastering golf ...being one of the best players in the world I believe ,again ,is overstating the situation.Pretzel is going on about him (Pretzel) having a better chance than Dan of becoming a pro and enjoying watching Dan crash and burn......jeez....chill out.

http://thedanplan.com/about/

Logging in 30-plus hours a week he will hit the 10,000 hour milestone by December 2016. During this time, Dan plans to develop his skills through deliberate practice, eventually winning amateur events and obtaining his PGA Tour card through a successful appearance in the PGA Tour’s Qualifying School, or “Q-School”.

Not @Pretzel's words, but Dan's own words. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, Lihu said:

http://thedanplan.com/about/

Not our words, but Dan's own words. . .

Ok great...and?...so?....he is doing his own  thing and people are hoping he will crash and burn.

Note: I do not answer direct questions or points raised against my untested and unproven theories, have no history of teaching anyone, and post essentially the same nonsense in everyone's Member Swing threads.

10 minutes ago, collapse said:

Ok great...and?...so?....he is doing his own  thing and people are hoping he will crash and burn.

Because I tend to dislike those who blatantly lie while freely taking money/publicity from others. That is what Dan is doing.

Call me petty, but I enjoy watching people who previously profited from dishonestly lose what they gained as a result of said dishonesty.

14 minutes ago, collapse said:

Well, since you were saying it's all about the numbers, I can give you the numbers to back up the fact that I went from a 24 handicap to a 1 handicap faster than Dan. I also have a handicap comprised solely of tournament scores, meaning I truly have the game to back up my handicap. Dan does not. @Nosevi and @Mjrowe1 are two others I mentioned that appear to be on a much better track than Dan as well, especially @Nosevi since he has a much more solid plan and is realistic with himself. Here is Nosevi's Plan

Just now, collapse said:

Not really, the "crash and burn part" is only because of his demeanor at his early interviews. He was a little bit of a blowhard knocking all the golfers who took years to get to where they were. You really need to read and watch his early interviews, he was somewhat arrogant and had a "swagger" as @Shorty put it.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

10 minutes ago, collapse said:

How about you read the thread and blog first then comment.

Joe Paradiso

Just now, Pretzel said:

Because I tend to dislike those who blatantly lie while freely taking money/publicity from others. That is what Dan is doing.

Call me petty, but I enjoy watching people who previously profited from dishonestly lose what they gained as a result of said dishonesty.

Well again you are going beyond the topic into areas which seem to be your opinion.

3 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Not really, the "crash and burn part" is only because of his demeanor at his early interviews. He was a little bit of a blowhard knocking all the golfers who took years to get to where they were. You really need to read and watch his early interviews, he was somewhat arrogant and had a "swagger" as @Shorty put it.

I am still waiting for some references that support anything you say.

Well again you are going beyond the topic into areas which seem to be your opinion.

I am still waiting for some references that support anything you say.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Just now, collapse said:

I would call it less of an opinion and more of a theory supported by evidence. He has yet to post a round, under close observation, that is under 80 and matches what you might expect a 2-3 handicap player to shoot. It is a fact that he has taken money from people as a result of the progress that he has very likely falsified.

The topic is to discuss The Dan Plan, meaning my opinion IS on topic. I am discussing the fact that I believe him to be a phony and a bit of a fraud. I've pointed out earlier that, as a result of his monetized blog, he should have forfeited his amateur status long ago yet he continues to play in amateur tournaments. The only reason I find that remotely okay is because he's so far out of contention that it isn't harming any players who are contending for titles.

12 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

I would call it less of an opinion and more of a theory supported by evidence. He has yet to post a round, under close observation, that is under 80 and matches what you might expect a 2-3 handicap player to shoot. It is a fact that he has taken money from people as a result of the progress that he has very likely falsified.

The topic is to discuss The Dan Plan, meaning my opinion IS on topic. I am discussing the fact that I believe him to be a phony and a bit of a fraud. I've pointed out earlier that, as a result of his monetized blog, he should have forfeited his amateur status long ago yet he continues to play in amateur tournaments. The only reason I find that remotely okay is because he's so far out of contention that it isn't harming any players who are contending for titles.

My interest is his task,not what your speculative views are.No one has authoritatively challenged his HC thus far.I have not seen any evidence that he has done anything wrong during this golf experiment.

4 minutes ago, collapse said:

My interest is his task,not what your speculative views are.No one has authoritatively challenged his HC thus far.I have not seen any evidence that he has done anything wrong during this golf experiment.

Then you have not actually read much of this thread. I recommend you take a look at the thread (specifically some of the posts made my @RandallT which might help you find what you're looking for) before you make such broad statements.

Off the top of my head, one of the easiest things to say that he did wrong during the golf experiment is that he denied @iacas's offer of free golf instruction for an entire summer, potentially even going so far as snubbing him entirely (I don't remember reading whether or not Dan ever actually replied to the offer). He claims to be struggling financially, and yet turns down an offer of free instruction for an entire summer.

1 minute ago, Pretzel said:

Then you have not actually read much of this thread. I recommend you take a look at the thread (specifically some of the posts made my @RandallT which might help you find what you're looking for) before you make such broad statements.

Off the top of my head, one of the easiest things to say that he did wrong during the golf experiment is that he denied @iacas's offer of free golf instruction for an entire summer, potentially even going so far as snubbing him entirely (I don't remember reading whether or not Dan ever actually replied to the offer). He claims to be struggling financially, and yet turns down an offer of free instruction for an entire summer.

Again,if you have some proof of his wrong doing, post it.As for the rest of the post....whatever?

Again,if you have some proof of his wrong doing, post it.As for the rest of the post....whatever?

I refuse to do the work that you yourself are too lazy to do. Please go back through the thread if you would like to see evidence, I am not your personal search assistant.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, collapse said:

Agree, I don't think he intentionally defrauded anyone.

However, I don't think he was that well versed in playing by ROG. While playing in the tournaments, he ended up playing strictly by ROG and ended up shooting consistently 10-15 strokes higher than he should have being the 2-3 HC he thought he was. He probably could shoot 75 on his home course enough times to get to a 2HC-3HC, but given his driving distance and the fact that his home course tended to have lots of doglegs I doubt he can play a championship course without serious approach shots. This is why his handicap is not quite accurate.

I'm also reasonably confident that he didn't analyze the courses and pick his current home course to make his HC look better.

8 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

Fully agree, but he was "on top of the world" at the time feeling like he was going to get lots of offers.

Seriously, Erik spent about 5-10 minutes with me, and now I can use a graphite shafted club and I can state truthfully that I gained 20 yards on the very next shot he helped me with. . .

5 minutes ago, collapse said:

Wrong? or just stupid? I'll go with "stupid doing". . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

1 minute ago, Pretzel said:

I refuse to do the work that you yourself are too lazy to do. Please go back through the thread if you would like to see evidence, I am not your personal search assistant.

Sorry my friend,you are the one making accusations,the burden is on you.

9 minutes ago, collapse said:

We should just go with Dan's ignorance of the ROG and lack of experience that could have bumped a more qualified individual from playing in the OR Amateur.

He was not actually a 2 HC when he "qualified" for the tournament, and could have bumped someone else who had a chance to place by signing up first. If you are not qualified to play in a tournament, you should not be playing in it.

It's kind of dishonest to place yourself in the same category as qualified individuals and potentially denying them the ability to compete by some technicality.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

8 minutes ago, collapse said:

This is where you're wrong. You asking me to find proof, and I told you how you can find it. You then refused to put forth any effort. That is pretty close to the definition of lazy.

la·zy
ˈlāzē/
adjective
  1. 1.
    unwilling to work or use energy.

3 minutes ago, Lihu said:

We should just go with Dan's ignorance of the ROG and lack of experience that could have bumped a more qualified individual from playing in the OR Amateur.

He was not actually a 2 HC when he "qualified" for the tournament, and could have bumped someone else who had a chance to place by signing up first. If you are not qualified to play in a tournament, you should not be playing in it.

It's kind of dishonest to place yourself in the same category as qualified individuals and potentially denying them the ability to compete by some technicality.

It may come as a surprise to you but many people enter tournaments with less than accurate HC.Actually,many people in golf world lie about their handicaps-yes! As for Dan,you need to be much more specific than what you have written.

Note: This thread is 2412 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!