IGNORED

One Company's Clubs

Note: This thread is 5559 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. If you could only play clubs from which company, which would you choose?

• :titleist:
    • :macgreg:
    • :nike:
    • :tmade:
    • :callaway:
    • :cleve:
    • :wilson:
    • :mizuno:
    • Other (Explain Below)
    • :ping: (Added Aug 31)

Well luckily I can mix and match all that I want. I voted for callaway as I absolutely love the irons and don't know how much of a drop off it is with their wedges. Great drivers and fairway woods. The only item from callaway I really don't like are their putters - something about the inserts in the odyssey putters that I never got comfortable with.

All that aside, you can't go wrong with the titleist. My back up irons are the titleist DCI 990's and never mind playing them when I am back visiting my family. The cameron putters are great and the vokey wedges are the best. I don't think i've ever hit one of their drivers...

In my Ogio Bag
Driver - Cobra 10.5 F Speed
3 Wood - Cobra LD speed
Hybrid - TaylorMade Burner 22 degree
Irons - Callaway X-Tour 3-PW 52.08 Degree Gap Wedge - Titleist Vokey Spin Milled56.14 Degree Sand Wedge - Titleist Vokey Spin Milled60.07 Degree Lob Wedge - Titleist Vokey Spin MilledPutter...

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you a trekie like me or do you just love that putter.....or perhaps both?

I'm not a "Trekie", but I was a fan of the TV show and the films. I just like the putter, period. It really had nothing to do with it using the Star Trek logo, etc.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Mizuno makes quality and you'll find this equipment in a lot of staff bags with other logos on the bag.

Taylormade Driver HT
Taylormade 3 HT

Mcgregor 7w
Vulcan irons 5-P
Solus 53 61

Vokey 56

Scotty Caneron Flange/ Ping Cushin

Srixon ZStar

71 gold tees

bring cash

I voted for titleist even though i like mizuno better

titleist woods = better
prov1 = great
wedges = pretty good
cameron = bettinardi is good but i like scotty better

as for irons though. mizzuno is the only way.
they can compete in the wedge and putter category but not even close in woods and ball

I don't know how many times I've changed my mind this thread. But I'm changing to Titleist.

Drivers: 909 probably one of the top drivers on tour
Woods: 909 line again
Irons: AP1, AP2, ZM Forged
Wedges: Vokeys are the best wedges out there
Putter: Scotty Cameron... need I say more?
Balls: Pro-V1, Pro-V1x are the number one balls in golf.

Right now I have all Titleist
  • 907D2- workable, greta launch, and little too much spin, but the shaft brings that down, it works for me
  • 906F4- I hit the 5 wood farther then any other fairway wod that I hit, great launch, spin, distance, everything
  • 585H- great feel, workable, looks and preforms great
  • ZB- forged, looks are great, feel amazing, workable (seeing a trend?)
  • Vokey's- great spin, can hit them high or low, feel good, preform good. These are the only Titleist clubs in jeopardy, as I may get Scratch wedges.
  • Scotty Cameron- I have never stroked a Scotty that I didn't like the feel of, although there are some that I hate the look of (Futura)
  • Pro V1- awesome ball

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Golfsmith/Snake Eyes.

That gives you the Viper Tour Black woods and hybrids, plus the wedges.

Gives you access to the Golfsmith irons and putters.

For that matter, I could just stay with Snake Eyes if you wanted to get technical about Golfsmith and Snake Eyes not being the same company.

My current bag reflects this -- all Golfsmith/Snake Eyes right now.

Jess

i voted titleist cause there drivers are good fairway woods i could live with hybrids nice irons are amazing wedges best in the golf word putter are also the best and they have the nxt tour i personally dont like the prov1 over other tour balls but it would do

driver. taylormade tour burner tp ust avixcore tour green 75 x
3 wood 909 f3 13* voodo xnv8
3 hybrid adams idea pro vs proto 95x
irons 3 no 4 5-pw nike cci forged blades
gap wedge nike sv tour blacksand wedge cg14 56* 14flopadopolous vokey spin milled 64 7putter scotty cameron classics newport...

I'd love to be able to say Titleist for woods, wedges, and putter, and Mizuno for the irons. But, forced to pick one, I have to go Titleist. 909D3/F3 are looking really good to replace my 905R and 904F. I hear great things about the AP2 irons, but more importantly I love the feel, spin, and distance I get with my 735's. Vokey wedges are top notch and now that Scotty has a wider-bodied putter with the Squareback, I think I might finally have to break down and drop the money on one as they have always been some of the most balanced and purest putters around.

Definately Cleveland Golf if i sign my first equipment contract--Look at this lineup

Driver--Hibore XLS or Comp 460
3 wood--good stuff not great
hybrids--hibore hybrid maybe most underrated hybrid in recent memory
irons--cg1 tour--they make really awesome blades--and cavity backs
wedges--best in the game
putter--never compromise still puts out top of the line putters-but they dont sell that much

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

Titleist.

Driver: 909D2
Woods: 909F2
Hybrids: 909H
Irons: AP2
Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled
Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select
Balls: Pro V1x

Sumo 5000 Driver 11.5° Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana R-65
HiBore XLS Fairway 19° Fujikura FIT-ON Gold Regular
HiBore XLS Hybrid 24° Fujikura FIT-ON Gold Regular
CG Gold Irons 4-PW Cleveland Graphite 78g Regular
CG 14 Black Pearl Wedges 50°/8, 54°/12, 58°/12 Cleveland Traction Steel 125gRoss...

• 2 weeks later...
Srixon

get ur srix-on

15 yrs old

DriverBurner 10.5 degree stiff flexFairway Burner 15 degree proforce 75 gram regular flex Hybridrescue dual 19 degree stiff flexHybrid edge cft hybrid 24 degree stiff flex Irons progressive XC 5-PW regular HOPING FOR TOUR PREFERRED's!SW rac satin tp wedge 56 degreesLW spin milled...

total set from driver to putter id have to say nike but even then i wouldnt like the whole set...

if i were forced... id have to say cobra even tho im not keen on their putters
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Titleist Definently. My entire bag will be Titleist any way by the middle of next year.

Driver: 909 D2
Fairway Woods: 909 f2 5 and 3 wood
Hybrid: 909h
Irons: ZB or ZM
Wedges: Vokeys 54 and 60
Putter: Circa 62 no. 2
Ball: ProV1

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

I chose "other". The "other" being Adams. Lots of technology at a great price. Their drivers aren't the longest, but good value. Great customer service. They don't make putters (I think), but I love my Ping belly putter.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Note: This thread is 5559 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!