PutterHead

Plastic or Wood Tees? Something Else?

61 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of tees are you using?

• Bristle Tees: Brush T, X-Tee, Rip Tips...
    • Plastic/Composite: Zero Friction, Wedge Tee...
    • Wood
    • Other

182 posts / 33335 viewsLast Reply

I started with 6 at the course. 2 deformed, 1 broke, and lost another, in 9 holes.. They arent perfect, and they're hard toget the ball to balance on. I was using painted tees, but they were leaving scuffs on my new driver, anyone have a solution?

Damn impressive. I have played 12 rounds with the same 2 Zero Frictions in my pocket (that includes hitting irons off of them). When they bend, bend them back!!.

Damn impressive. I have played 12 rounds with the same 2 Zero Frictions in my pocket (that includes hitting irons off of them). When they bend, bend them back!!.

Today I found FOUR Zero Friction tees in the little box my home club has on the teeing area for broken tees, all unbroken. That's like a two-year supply!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Today I found FOUR Zero Friction tees in the little box my home club has on the teeing area for broken tees, all unbroken. That's like a two-year supply!

Probably from people like me who get tired of trying to push them into hard ground (and just bending them), or trying to balance a ball on those 3 little prongs. If you don't get them in perfectly straight, the ball just won't stay. I have a half dozen in the tee pocket in my bag right now, but I never use them ( I can't resist picking up a free tee, even if I don't ever plan to use it..

) I can usually get 18 holes (or more) from one plain old wooden tee... I use standard length ones and only stick them in the ground about 1/4", just enough to stand up with the ball on them.

Probably from people like me who get tired of trying to push them into hard ground (and just bending them), or trying to balance a ball on those 3 little prongs. If you don't get them in perfectly straight, the ball just won't stay. I have a half dozen in the tee pocket in my bag right now, but I never use them ( I can't resist picking up a free tee, even if I don't ever plan to use it..

Good thought, but they were brand new.

So they weren't having problems with THOSE tees anyway. I don't have much trouble putting them into the ground straight enough to put the ball on the prongs, but I also don't use the long or super-long ones.

I hear that - I've only broken one so far this year. Those things are amazing.

I'm picking up some brush tees before I play next. I used one of my brothers last year and liked them. I borrowed one and gave it back to him after I played my 18. This year I tried his Zero Friction tees and I like them as well. I would have only used one if I didn't let someone else take a shot with one. I think they lost it. They hold up really well. I just find them a little harder to balance the ball on.

Before them I used good ol wood tees. They worked fine but I prefer the brush tees.

James

I use the Zero Friction tees, but the wood ones, not the composite ones. They have a tiny head compared to other wood tees. Really like them.

Given that I have shaved almost 6.5 strokes off my index this year , and am superstitious, I'll continue to use them.

I use wood. 2-3/4" to be exact. They're cheap, and I like cheap at this point in my life. Have a buddy that uses the zero friction tees, and he swears by them. Played a round with him last month, and he used one zero friction tee for all 18 holes. I used probably a dozen wooden tees.

Maybe, I just like the satisfaction of destroying things to compensate for not being able to hit the fairway. Go figure.

I use standard wood tees even with my oversized driver. For everything else I use a broken half tee that I usually find on the par three holes. The broken tee is my way of saving the environment.

I quite like wedge tees as they last for ever. I tend to line them up with the spine facing the direction i'm hitting so i don't get too much resistance through contact, however, some local pro told me to face the spine perpendicular to the direction i was hitting.. don't know why though.

Also, they come in some ridiculous colours so there is no way you can lose them !!!

The only tee I have ever bought is a wood tee. I tried my friend brush tee and hated it. It is so hard to balance the ball on the tee, when it gets old. The best tee ever is a wood tee.