IGNORED

Westwood and Rory not playing in the players?

franky21
Note: This thread is 4736 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by franky21

Yes he did let it slip away, i was very surprised considering how freakishly good he was playing in the first three rounds. But tpc was great today to bad those guys we not there but im sure there are other reasons that are not being stated. Well if Westwood loses his ranking he can blame it on his manager. Get better soon so you can get back out there and start swinging those clubs.

Kaymer can reclaim the #1 spot with a win this weekend and he's in good position so far. But I would really like to see an American win this thing. Had high hopes for Dustin Johnson but he is clearly not on his game these days. New caddy (Joe LaCava: Freddie's former caddy) is on the bag and in the long term, this should be a good pairing. IF DJ lets it go long enough.

But I'd really like to see Phil get it together this week, but he really gave back way too many shots today over just silly swings. Would really like to see him go back to the stratetgy that worked for him when he was with Rick Smith.

Yes i can't agree more it would be nice for a american to finally win. Westwood i guess would rather play in Korea?????????????? But to each his own, Rory is not trying to challenge himself against the toughest field he would have faced since Augusta. He must still be afraid of hooking it everytime he is in contention on sunday. But the tournament won't suffer they will because there is alot of points on the line. But i will still be watching the tournament.

man you are so full of . As I said before Westwood is not playing because it doesn't fit his schedule. He's not playing this week at all. He's not in Korea or any other Asian country he's at home. You do realise people can live outside of your bubble - sorry america. Your comment on Rory being afraid of hooking it maybe true as he said the course is not suited to him. Don't get me wrong I think they should be playing "The Players", but I'll defend their decision to choose not to. Chances are an American will win it there's more of you in the field and it would be good to see you win a big tournament for a change even if it's not a major and never will be a major so get over it. As it is an American hasn't won there since Phil in 2007.

I'm getting a bit annoyed when all you can do is knock people for not wanting to play in your country all the time. America is not the centre of the universe and it's people like you that made me think twice about joining this site with it's we are great and everyone should know it attitude. And before you say it I have lots of good and long standing friends who are American. You give them a bad name.

These forums I thought were to talk about the game we love to play, not to have a go at others just because they don't fall in with America.

In my mizuno.gif Neo Cart Bag or rife.gif Staff Bag on clicgear.gif 2.0 Trolley
 Driver: R11 10.5* |  3W: CB4 15* | adams.gif Hybrid: Idea Pro (20* & 23*)
bridgestone.gif Irons: J36 Cavity Back (5-PW) | vokey.gif Wedges: S.M Oil Cans: 52.08, 56.08 & 60.04
rife.gif Putter: 2-bar Hybrid Blade | bridgestone.gif Ball: B330-RX  Ball: Pro V1

Yes i can't agree more it would be nice for a american to finally win. Westwood i guess would rather play in Korea?????????????? But to each his own, Rory is not trying to challenge himself against the toughest field he would have faced since Augusta. He must still be afraid of hooking it everytime he is in contention on sunday. But the tournament won't suffer they will because there is alot of points on the line. But i will still be watching the tournament.

Neither of them are playing this week. I have heard some rumors that they might have a life outside the golf for some weird reason, spending time with family or something like that.

First you seem really upset that two of the best players in the world are not playing this tournament, now you say it doesn't matter? Of course the tournament would be better with them in the field. It would be better with any top ranked player in it rather than out.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

As usual, Franky is confused becuase he is inacapable of thinking logically.

He is full of contradictions.  He wants it both ways.

1. He thinks that European players have unrealistic rankings because they play on the European Tour which in his opinion has weaker fields.

2. Then he criticises them for not playing tournaments where there are a lot of ranking points on offer.

He constantly claims to be "confused" or "disappointed" at the decisions made by European golfers, but when you scratch the surface, he represents the exact stereotype of the American peson that has no concept of the globe. He thinks that the U.S. is the centre of the universe and can't grasp the fact that:

A. Perhaps Westwood and McILroy don't actually care that much about the OWGR

B. Perhaps they would actually prefer to spend some time doing other things.

C. Despite what Tim Finchem wants us to believe, the Players is not a Major Tournament.

D. Players, believe it or not are allowed to choose their own schedules, which are also limited by the PGA Tour

Apart from the illiterate and juvenile ramblings he posts, full of "would ofs" and "allots"  the continual "is" instead of "are", it is his ridiculous comments like this that really rile me:

"Westwood i guess would rather play in Korea??????????????" Why shouldn't he?

and

"Rory is not trying to challenge himself against the toughest field he would have faced since Augusta." Why the f*** should he? Isn't there a US Open coming up?

And then........to top it off, he always comes up with the passive aggressive "but each to his own...."

If you believe, Franky, that the players can do as they please by saying "to each his own", why start your stupid thread in the first place?

As for this comment on Rory: He must still be afraid of hooking it everytime he is in contention on sunday. it just about sums up the level of Franky's moronic intellect, which, once again he proudly displays on this site, completely unaware that he is making a complete fool of himself.

Now stand by for him to beg to be treated with respect and civility whilst he demands to know why the best players in the world don't do what he thinks they should.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Originally Posted by Shorty

As usual, Franky is confused becuase he is inacapable of thinking logically.

He is full of contradictions.  He wants it both ways.

1. He thinks that European players have unrealistic rankings because they play on the European Tour which in his opinion has weaker fields.

2. Then he criticises them for not playing tournaments where there are a lot of ranking points on offer.

He constantly claims to be "confused" or "disappointed" at the decisions made by European golfers, but when you scratch the surface, he represents the exact stereotype of the American peson that has no concept of the globe. He thinks that the U.S. is the centre of the universe and can't grasp the fact that:

A. Perhaps Westwood and McILroy don't actually care that much about the OWGR

B. Perhaps they would actually prefer to spend some time doing other things.

C. Despite what Tim Finchem wants us to believe, the Players is not a Major Tournament.

D. Players, believe it or not are allowed to choose their own schedules, which are also limited by the PGA Tour

Apart from the illiterate and juvenile ramblings he posts, full of "would ofs" and "allots"  the continual "is" instead of "are", it is his ridiculous comments like this that really rile me:

"Westwood i guess would rather play in Korea??????????????"  Why shouldn't he?

and

"Rory is not trying to challenge himself against the toughest field he would have faced since Augusta." Why the f*** should he? Isn't there a US Open coming up?

And then........to top it off, he always comes up with the passive aggressive "but each to his own...."

If you believe, Franky, that the players can do as they please by saying "to each his own", why start your stupid thread in the first place?

As for this comment on Rory: He must still be afraid of hooking it everytime he is in contention on sunday. it just about sums up the level of Franky's moronic intellect, which, once again he proudly displays on this site, completely unaware that he is making a complete fool of himself.

Now stand by for him to beg to be treated with respect and civility whilst he demands to know why the best players in the world don't do what he thinks they should.

Is Royal Melbourne a private course or could anyone (within reason) play it? Either way, they should move it to America so people would actually get to play it!!

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Is Royal Melbourne a private course or could anyone (within reason) play it? Either way, they should move it to America so people would actually get to play it!!

Visitors have to be from interstate or from overseas with a current membership card and a letter of introduction from a recognised club.

But, I'm with you, Sean -  they should move it to Las Vegas and put it between the Grand Canal and the Eiffel Tower.

Royal ""Visitors should be from an interstate or overseas recognised golf club, with a current membership identification card and a letter of introduction written from the home club.

It should either be moved or they should build a replica near Venice's Grand Canal or the Eiffel Tower.  They're in Las Vegas, right? :-)

Don't lump us all in there Shorty some of us have national pride, but can appreciate what goes on outside our country as well.

• Upvote 1

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Don't lump us all in there Shorty some of us have national pride, but can appreciate what goes on outside our country as well.

That's why I said he represents the stereotype. The stereotype of an American buffoon that gives decent people a bad name I didn't say he represents Americans.  Far from it, thank God!!!

Most Americans have their eyes open, but Franky is the type that seems to reinforce negative opinions. I'll bet he even thinks that the U.S. is "the best" country.

The vast majority of people on this site have a good perspective on golf as an international sport, as well as a general  international perspective and appreciation of lands beyond their own.

All he does is talk about what others should and shouldn't do. He is obsessed with European players not playing in his backyard and now has developed a thing about McIroy, essentially calling him a coward and choker.

But as I've mentioned he is annoying because he criticises what others do (their choices) and then bags them out, but when he is called on his idiotic "opinions " he pleads for people to be nice to him, pretending not to understand why people mock him.  On reflection, I think he's just thick.

Stay tuned for the following threads from Franky:

1. What's the big deal about the 17th at Sawgrass?

2. Do you guys think Tiger is a great player?

In his opening thread there will be valuable insights such as "When he's playing well, Tiger is really good and you have to admire what he has achieved in golf."

3. And - when it is Presidents Cup time, it'll be "What's the big deal about Royal Melbourne" and "Why isn't McIlroy playing Presidents Cup?"

3. And - when it is Presidents Cup time, it'll be "What's the big deal about Royal Melbourne" and "Why isn't McIlroy playing Presidents Cup?"

Are there a lot of OWGR points up for grabs in the Presidents Cup? All the big names (e.g. Westwood, McIlroy, McDowell, Kaymer, Donald, Casey, Poulter, Manessero, the Molinaris) should enter.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Are there a lot of OWGR points up for grabs in the Presidents Cup? All the big names (e.g. Westwood, McIlroy, McDowell, Kaymer, Donald, Casey, Poulter, Manessero, the Molinaris) should enter.

They're too scared. Anyway, Victoria is in Canada, isn't it? That's too close to the U.S.for them. :-)

They're too scared. Anyway, Victoria is in Canada, isn't it? That's too close to the U.S.for them. :-)

Yes. It's the capital of British Columbia (BC). Coincidentally, they grow a very special blend of tea in BC which is burned in honour of their British and Columbian roots.

Originally Posted by the19thhole

man you are so full of . As I said before Westwood is not playing because it doesn't fit his schedule. He's not playing this week at all. He's not in Korea or any other Asian country he's at home. You do realise people can live outside of your bubble - sorry america. Your comment on Rory being afraid of hooking it maybe true as he said the course is not suited to him. Don't get me wrong I think they should be playing "The Players", but I'll defend their decision to choose not to. Chances are an American will win it there's more of you in the field and it would be good to see you win a big tournament for a change even if it's not a major and never will be a major so get over it. As it is an American hasn't won there since Phil in 2007.

I'm getting a bit annoyed when all you can do is knock people for not wanting to play in your country all the time. America is not the centre of the universe and it's people like you that made me think twice about joining this site with it's we are great and everyone should know it attitude. And before you say it I have lots of good and long standing friends who are American. You give them a bad name.

These forums I thought were to talk about the game we love to play, not to have a go at others just because they don't fall in with America.

Well that is your opinion and you are entitled to your own opinion. I feel how i feel and you really don't have to agree with me that is the beauty of debating a topic. I personally don't let other peoples comments bother me because everyone thinks differently and has different outlooks on things. These forums are actually to talk about anything that is on your mind about the game we all love to watch and play. If you look at that topic it really was a hit and made front page on this site so it was a very good topic to debate. I really take time on putting good threads up that i know can be debatable.  No reason to get upset because you don't agree with me. I value your opinion on my topic don't really care for the way you went about it but it is freedom of speech and i am glad you got it off of your chest. .

That's why I said he represents the stereotype. The stereotype of an American buffoon that gives decent people a bad name I didn't say he represents Americans.  Far from it, thank God!!!

Most Americans have their eyes open, but Franky is the type that seems to reinforce negative opinions. I'll bet he even thinks that the U.S. is "the best" country.

The vast majority of people on this site have a good perspective on golf as an international sport, as well as a general  international perspective and appreciation of lands beyond their own.

All he does is talk about what others should and shouldn't do. He is obsessed with European players not playing in his backyard and now has developed a thing about McIroy, essentially calling him a coward and choker.

But as I've mentioned he is annoying because he criticises what others do (their choices) and then bags them out, but when he is called on his idiotic "opinions " he pleads for people to be nice to him, pretending not to understand why people mock him.  On reflection, I think he's just thick.

Stay tuned for the following threads from Franky:

1. What's the big deal about the 17th at Sawgrass?

2. Do you guys think Tiger is a great player?

In his opening thread there will be valuable insights such as "When he's playing well, Tiger is really good and you have to admire what he has achieved in golf."

I am getting the feeling that we are really becoming close friends. Want to go play 18 then drink some beers at the 19th hole.

• Upvote 1

So how many Americans are playing in the Volvo WORLD Championship next week? All 4 major champions and 6 of the top 7 in the World playing.

Originally Posted by the19thhole

I was wrong Westwood isn't playing this week i did some research and the site i got it from had incorrect information. So i was wrong there you have a point he isn't playing this week.

Well that is your opinion and you are entitled to your own opinion. I feel how i feel and you really don't have to agree with me that is the beauty of debating a topic. I personally don't let other peoples comments bother me because everyone thinks differently and has different outlooks on things. These forums are actually to talk about anything that is on your mind about the game we all love to watch and play. If you look at that topic it really was a hit and made front page on this site so it was a very good topic to debate. I really take time on putting good threads up that i know can be debatable.  No reason to get upset because you don't agree with me. I value your opinion on my topic don't really care for the way you went about it but it is freedom of speech and i am glad you got it off of your chest. .

If I came across a bit off or even aggressive I apologise. Look you're a proud American and that's fine. The PGA tour is stronger, more depth. I don't think that's up for debate. It's just that right now the best players happen to be European. Just don't bag some of the pros for not wanting to play there all the time. I'm all for the top players playing each other regularly. They probably want to as well. The 2 tours don't allow it. To get euro card you have to play minimum 13 events and I'd imagine the PGA is the same. So to play in other events on the your you are not a member of you either have to high be up the OWGR or invitations. A world tour where the best players play each other on the best courses around the globe now wouldn't that be what we all want.

In my mizuno.gif Neo Cart Bag or rife.gif Staff Bag on clicgear.gif 2.0 Trolley
 Driver: R11 10.5* |  3W: CB4 15* | adams.gif Hybrid: Idea Pro (20* & 23*)
bridgestone.gif Irons: J36 Cavity Back (5-PW) | vokey.gif Wedges: S.M Oil Cans: 52.08, 56.08 & 60.04
rife.gif Putter: 2-bar Hybrid Blade | bridgestone.gif Ball: B330-RX  Ball: Pro V1

Note: This thread is 4736 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!