IGNORED

The Big Break "Indian Wells"

walk18
Note: This thread is 4661 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Floyd is embarrassing himself every time he swings the club, He seriously looks like me hitting it every which way except towards the green.

Originally Posted by JoeC36

Floyd is embarrassing himself every time he swings the club, He seriously looks like me hitting it every which way except towards the green.

I haven't seen him get close to hitting a decent shot. I thought the bunker play was tough, but the performance tonight was just as hard to watch.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

I haven't seen him get close to hitting a decent shot. I thought the bunker play was tough, but the performance tonight was just as hard to watch.

I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt thinking he just had a bad day in the bunker, but after tonight he should have stayed retired and with his real estate business.

Wow he's played in Tour events?  Incredible how fickle this game can be at times.

I have to admit I didn't like the curveball they threw at the contestants, but when I watched the first episode I thought Petey may have been the best player.  So it's at least fitting he is the one who made it back.  I would NOT want to face a skilled person with a second chance at this.

Russ played really well and, like he said, at least he lost to birdie-birdie.  And at least they got to play actual golf.  I liked his quote to Justin early in the show when he said, "don't you get it bro?  We get 2 shots, not 64!"

I also liked Justin's description line: "Holds 6 Course Records."  LOL...

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by JoeC36

I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt thinking he just had a bad day in the bunker, but after tonight he should have stayed retired and with his real estate business.

He didn't seem prepared. It's not like he hasn't played before, he won the ATT pro-am with Dudley Hart (as the am) and was in contention at the ATT in 2008. http://www.pgatour.com/2008/tournaments/r005/02/08/floyd020808/

The competition almost seemed like the producers were trying to get some personality back on the show. Justin was good because of his cantankerous demeanor, Norm for being so likable, Robert for his role as super underdog, and Piri as the guy who never got a chance. I think the producers would have like to see the first two come back to make the dynamic more interesting, but Piri just schooled everyone. He showed some skill last night.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

piri is big trouble for the rest of the guys in it...seems like he's got a fire he didn't seem to have when the show started...seems like when it started he was more anxious than he was focused, and now things are obviously changed. going -2 through 2 holes in the elimination is pretty punishing and would beat anyone there...

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Justin is completely delusional.  The guys goes on about almost breaking the course record in the opening then proceeds to skull a wedge and miss 2 putts.   What I love most above the nutball is that even after getting beat for the second time he says "I could take all these guys anytime".

Robert has no business being on the show.    I've watched all the episodes and I've yet to see him hit a single decent shot.   It's disgraceful that he's even on the course.   Skulls, shanks, toe shots....

I hated to see Russell leave but he went down fighting.    No shame in losing when your opponent goes birdie/birdie.

Petey is back, pissed off and could be VERY dangerous.

Driver: VRS 9.5 degrees

Fairway Wood: 13 degrees
Hybrid: A3 19 degrees

Irons: i20's  Yellow dot

Wedges: Vokey's 52, 56 & 60

Putter: 2 ball

Ball: Penta; ProV

Piri seems like he's got some serious game. Probably the best looking swing out of the bunch too.

Robert? He looks like a 20 handicap. 120 yard drive, shank into the trees 90* right, then topped a ball into the bunker?

Justin...LMAO...delusional is a good word

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

In hindsight, it now makes sense why Floyd putt from 25 yards off the green.  He absolutely had to know that he was playing so poorly.  I can feel when I have no confidence in my swing, and I bet that's exactly how he felt.  It's really odd still, but it makes sense.

Did you guys notice that even when his drive found the fairway on the 2nd hole, it appeared to be a low slice that started on line with the left rough and turned all the way across the fairway to the right side?

Justin may have the dubious distinction as the golfer with the most course records to not actually win anything to show for it.

Brandon

After watching last nights episode, I have a feeling that Flyod has gotten away with his name and has used it to his advantage many times in his life (as it pertains to golf).

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Originally Posted by Deryck Griffith

After watching last nights episode, I have a feeling that Flyod has gotten away with his name and has used it to his advantage many times in his life (as it pertains to golf).

You have to believe that it also helps him to sell real estate in Palm Beach Gardens, the self proclaimed "Golf Capital of the World" and headquarters for the PGA of America.

Originally Posted by Deryck Griffith

i was thinking the same thing ever since that bunker play

Originally Posted by bplewis24

In hindsight, it now makes sense why Floyd putt from 25 yards off the green.  He absolutely had to know that he was playing so poorly.  I can feel when I have no confidence in my swing, and I bet that's exactly how he felt.  It's really odd still, but it makes sense.

Did you guys notice that even when his drive found the fairway on the 2nd hole, it appeared to be a low slice that started on line with the left rough and turned all the way across the fairway to the right side?

Justin may have the dubious distinction as the golfer with the most course records to not actually win anything to show for it.

Brandon

Floyd definitely has some issues with his head right now. The drive that found the fairway was a big time banana that somehow ended up on the short stuff. You could tell the other two competitors were feeling for him as he missed putt after putt on the final stage.

In the bag:

TaylorMade R11 Driver (10.5 stiff stock shaft)

TaylorMade R11 3wood (15 degree stiff stock shaft)

Adams IdeaPro 3i hybrid (20 degree)

Titleist DCI 4-PW (photo)

Cleveland CG15 wedges (52, 56, 60)

Odyssey White-Hot 2-Ball (Superstroke oversize grip)

Bushnell Tour V2 Rangefinder

Ping Hoofer 2012 Bag

Can someone tell me why they think Petey is so good?  Don't get me wrong, I think he is good, but I watched most of the first episode and thought he was decent but he still hit a few bad shots....then he was eliminated.....then on this show he kicked ass, which shows he is good....but in reading a lot of these posts, people were saying Petey is so good BEFORE this new episode came on and had his chance to get back on the show.  So that means people were saying he was so good based off the pilot episode where he barely did anything.  Same thing with the cast, they were saying, Damn Petey is back, he is the most dangerous/skilled one.

Did I miss something in the first episode (or did he come out in other episodes and I missed those?) because I'm not sure I see how they say he was so great (before this last episode)

Originally Posted by Flaming Moe

Can someone tell me why they think Petey is so good?  Don't get me wrong, I think he is good, but I watched most of the first episode and thought he was decent but he still hit a few bad shots....then he was eliminated.....then on this show he kicked ass, which shows he is good....but in reading a lot of these posts, people were saying Petey is so good BEFORE this new episode came on and had his chance to get back on the show.  So that means people were saying he was so good based off the pilot episode where he barely did anything.  Same thing with the cast, they were saying, Damn Petey is back, he is the most dangerous/skilled one.

Did I miss something in the first episode (or did he come out in other episodes and I missed those?) because I'm not sure I see how they say he was so great (before this last episode)

Everything I saw was based on the first episode.  This is what I said at the time.

Originally Posted by bplewis24

A few observations from the first episode:

I was sad to see the first guy leave, as I thought he had a good swing.  It just goes to show that being macho doesn't do yourself any good sometimes.  His pride compelled him to choose what appears to be the longest guy there for his driving challenge competitor, and assured himself a place in the elimination round.  Pretty stupid move.

Brandon

Now, I don't remember much about the elimination round, but I do recall that the "Immunity Challenge" was a one-shot challenge with a partial wedge shot into a green.  Anybody in the lower half of the results had to do a drive competition.  Petey wasn't immune and had last pick in the Elimination Challenge which just happened to be a driving contest, and he stupidly chose to go against Shank rather than John or Dave (can't remember).  He overswung and hooked his drive I believe.  Two shots and he was pretty much gone from the show.

I pretty much based my assessment of him off his swing during the intros or leading up to the Immunity Challenge.  I thought he had one of the best swings on the show if not the best, and last night that's how it appeared again.  He also played pretty focused yet loose yesterday.  If he is able to keep that up he should be tough.  We'll see.

Brandon

Note: This thread is 4661 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!