IGNORED

The Big Break "Indian Wells"

walk18
Note: This thread is 4666 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

+1 The structure of the putt off gave John an unfair advantage he didn't deserve.  John just had to make the putt to maintain control, but if Petey missed he was eliminated.  Going back to the tee would have been more interesting and fair.  I also feel they need to rethink the buying of additional strokes.  If you're in the top 3 money wise a 1/2 stroke costs significantly more than if you're at the bottom.  As David stated, buying the 1/2 stroke was a no brainer because he was already in the bottom of the money leaders.  If they continue to use money in future series the extra stroke should be a fixed price ($3000 - $5000) which gives an advantage to the leaders and may take it completely out of play for the lower money guys.

Originally Posted by Kieran123

They should of gone back to the tee

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Enjoy the show, but agree with one poster about the commericals...the only way to watch is to DVR and forward through the BS....here are a couple of other thoughts.......

1.  First, they shouldn't always end the show with a player missing the shot for elimination...there was absolutely no drama with Petey's putt to tie as there was no time left on the show and you know he was going to miss it.........maybe have the elimiation end 10 minutes before the end of the show and start in with the next immunity challenge......

2.  Second, can we get a cameo appearance with Win McMurray in tight sweater....is that too much to ask???

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Originally Posted by BallStriker

1.  First, they shouldn't always end the show with a player missing the shot for elimination...there was absolutely no drama with Petey's putt to tie as there was no time left on the show and you know he was going to miss it.........maybe have the elimiation end 10 minutes before the end of the show and start in with the next immunity challenge......

Yup.  I actually could predict that Petey would find a way to get into sudden death because there were still 11 minutes left on my recording when they were on the last hole.  Then it was clear he was going to miss the putt as there was only 1 minute left when he was lining it up.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by GolfBear

I'm also finding myself increasingly irritated by Tom Whathisname.   I wish he'd just STFU and let Stephanie do all the talking.

The guy is ****ing annoying. No two ways about it.

And he stands right next to Stephanie and stares at her from 2 inches away while he rambles on

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Originally Posted by BallStriker

2.  Second, can we get a cameo appearance with Win McMurray in tight sweater....is that too much to ask???

i've been begging for this for a long time. get her off the 19th hole and get her out there doin other things...

and if she's gonna be in a tight sweater...bring a bucket of water. please.

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Yup.  I actually could predict that Petey would find a way to get into sudden death because there were still 11 minutes left on my recording when they were on the last hole. Then it was clear he was going to miss the putt as there was only 1 minute left when he was lining it up.

Brandon

Yeah...I hate that, too.  They do the same thing on Poker tournament broadcasts.

In my :nike:  bag on my :clicgear: cart ...

Driver: :ping: G10 9*    3-Wood: :cleveland: Launcher
Hybrid: :adams: 20* Hybrid      Irons: :ping: i5 4-GW - silver dot, +1/2"
Wedges: :cleveland: 56* (bent to 54*) and 60* CG10     Putter: :ping: Craz-e (original blue)

Originally Posted by jetsknicks1

Thank you kind sir.

One of the guys on another golf forum saw her at the US Open.   He said she was take your breath away beautiful.

Driver: VRS 9.5 degrees

Fairway Wood: 13 degrees
Hybrid: A3 19 degrees

Irons: i20's  Yellow dot

Wedges: Vokey's 52, 56 & 60

Putter: 2 ball

Ball: Penta; ProV

sorry guys i had to. last time i swear.

Win.bmp

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

i think that all of the elimantion challenge should consist of a 3 hole stroke play match. All of these stupid short game and putting elimanations are getting boring

does anybody else think that the elimanation challenge should consist of a 3 hole stroke play match because quite frankly the current elimanation challenges are getting quite old

• Upvote 1

Change it up.  4 player stableford scoring. Play 3 or 4 holes. Low player goes home.

What this show should really be this time is all the betting games. When your out of money, you go home.  And a ton of prop bets like name that shot (I bet 200 I can be within 10 from 150yard out, I can do that from 160, its your shot), I know I can out drive contests, I know I can out put,... Make so the players call out the other players games.

Originally Posted by lefty16

i think that all of the elimantion challenge should consist of a 3 hole stroke play match. All of these stupid short game and putting elimanations are getting boring

Originally Posted by x129

Change it up.  4 player stableford scoring. Play 3 or 4 holes. Low player goes home.

What this show should really be this time is all the betting games. When your out of money, you go home.  And a ton of prop bets like name that shot (I bet 200 I can be within 10 from 150yard out, I can do that from 160, its your shot), I know I can out drive contests, I know I can out put,... Make so the players call out the other players games.

that is how i thought this season was origanlly going to playout however i think that the producers thought that it would take to long to eliminate everybody. The whole money situation  hasent really had an effect yet because no one has run out. Until that happens its basciaaly the same old format

Originally Posted by lefty16

It's worse than boring for me; it's frustrating.  When two of the best players are in an elimination relatively early, I hate to see it cheapened by them having an "up & down" contest from "3 different locations."

The bottom line is that this show is based in large part on luck & fortune: you have to hope that the 1-3 times you're in an elimination match, the object of the match favors your particular strong suits.  For example, how lucky would it be if the only time Shank got into an elimination match, it turned out to be a long-drive competition?  Conversely, maybe another player has a great short game but isn't very long and ends up in one of the "up and down" matches.

Playing 3 full holes eliminates some of the inherent bias & luck of a very specific skill-based elimination challenge.

Brandon

• Upvote 1

i say, have em play a long par 5, short par 4 and average par 4. low score wins. ties go to a long par 3.

Problem is it's a exhibition, mainly short game stuff.  I am really enjoying the show, BUT, I simply can't believe the PGA Tour would allow the winner of this to get a spot in the Zurich field.  The border line tour players with cards ought to be irate.  I mean, Carl and Will may win lot's of big break dough, but they don't belong on any PGA Tour, I know of.  Kent, I'll give you can grind out 36 holes in a PGA tour event and at least shoot even par.  The rest, forget it.  I say give em their winnings, Adams tour bag and "endorsement contract", Dick's shopping spree, a nite with a waitress @ IW, whatever, and go on home.

Originally Posted by Mo Co Kid

Problem is it's a exhibition

You're absolutely right.  We may not like it, but this is still a "reality" television show at it's core.  It's not a Q-school qualifying event.  The producers can (and do) do whatever it takes to generate enough drama and intrigue to get people to watch, while still including enough golf to be credible.

Having said that, I think they could still accomplish the former while having a standardized elimination challenge that always consists of a 3-hole playoff.  Seriously, isn't that more interesting than a chip-off any day?

Brandon

Note: This thread is 4666 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!