IGNORED

Is it sacreligious to NOT join the USGA?

FAHooGolfs
Note: This thread is 5994 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Is it sacreligious NOT to join the USGA?

• Yes, support the game!
    • No, take that $15 and buy yourself something nice.
    • Shutup and stop being so overly sensitive!

• Administrator
Gosh, I guess I am really, really bitter.

Sure beats being senile though, right?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A new US open hat, and new rule book is worth the money. Don't you buy at lest one new hat a year? Make it a US open one. The rule book will help you more than hurt you. If you want ryder cup or open tickets your on the top of the list and you get one free ticket to a tournament.

For some of us the U.S. Open hat the USGA sends out isn't worth even 1-cent. Why? Because their "one size fits all" hat does not, in fact, fit anyone who wears a 7 5/8 hat or larger. Every year I get another new hat and end up throwing it away since it's too small for me and just about everybody I know (who would want a U.S. Open hat) already has the one the USGA sent them. I've tried to give my U.S. Open hat away every year for several years with no takers.

Sure beats being senile though, right?

Yes it does. In the meantime I'm just devolving into being a nasty old man. Get off my lawn, kid.

Jack Waddell
The Sand Trap .com

In My Bag (for now):TaylorMade Burner 9.5 REAX 50 stiffBobby Jones 3W, Fuji TP 26.3 stiffAdams Idea Pro 2, 3, 4 Iron hybrids, Aldila VS Proto stiffAdams Idea Pro Forged 5-PW, TT Black Gold stiffTitleist Vokey 252.08 Tour ChromeTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 58.08...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yes it does. In the meantime I'm just devolving into being a nasty old man. Get off my lawn, kid.

Well I really enjoyed your rant, myself. O well, I guess I'm just another nasty old man. I love the fact that golf courses are full of cantankerous old goats like us.

Now will everyone just shut up while I try to hit the fairway with my blasted driver for a blasted change .....

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

I'm new to the forums here, but I've been in love with golf for as long as I can remember. Let me put my two cents in about the USGA. I couldn't care less about the trinkets they send out every year, but they sponsor Special Olympics Golf and I'll be sending them my membership fee every year for the rest of my life. I have a 15 year old disabled son who loves golf as much as I do. Thanks to the USGA and Special Olympics he gets free time at the driving range every week, plays free golf during the summer here, gets coaching from guys like us who volunteer because they love the game, and competes in tournaments all around New York State. I imagine they have nation-wide tournaments, but we've never made it that far yet. If any of you are wondering if your membership fee does any good, let me tell you that it does. I thank all of you who support the USGA.

"Their only function in life is to promote and nurture the game you care feverently enough about to join a forum devoted to it."

LOL, not sure if I should read anything into the red text, but you seem perturbed at me for some reason. I just asked a question.

FWIW, I'll consider joining now that I know a little about it.

• 11 months later...
I was a USGA member for a few years. I've given the past 20 years of my life to golf course work, by choice. I've decided that until the USGA, PGA and other organizations do something for the little man behind the scenes(not superintendants) who spend long hours doing backbreaking work, at times, keeping the courses in tip top shape. I'm not giving another dime to any of them.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Is it sacrilegious to split an infinitive?

What's in my bag:

Driver: R7 CGB Max, regular shaft
4-wood and 7-wood: :: Launcher, regular shafts
4-iron to A-wedge: X-20, regular steel shafts56- and 60-degree wedge: forged, stiff steel shafts, vintage finish, MD groovesPutter: Circa '62, No. 7, steel shaft, 35"Ball: NXT Tour or ProV1(x)...

As I recently decided to join the USGA for the first time, I voted yes. However, I am not as adamant or excited about it as the exclamation point in the poll answer would suggest.

Is it sacrilegious to split an infinitive?

Possibly it is in New Haven!

Driver: FT-3 Tour 10.5, Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 75-S
FW: Insight XTD Pro FP400F 14.5, Graphite Design Tour AD YSQ FW Stiff
Hybrids: G10 18 / 21, AWT Stiff
Irons: Steelhead X-14 PS 4-A, DG S300
Wedge: Vokey SM58.12Putter: 35" Studio Design 1.5Ball: B330, Z Star X or AD333, or D2 Feel...

I haven't, and unless I plan on getting really involved with the game (local tours, tournaments, etc) I probably won't. I don't get the big deal. As another poster above me said, I don't see what the USGA has done for the little guy.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Note: This thread is 5994 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!