IGNORED

Cleaning your Golf balls before putting?!

domc36
Note: This thread is 4322 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How do you fellas handle this issue? I absolutely hate putting with a dirty ball. I tried the saliva technique and it really fails to get all of the dirt off the ball. You guys have any tips/tricks to making your balls squeaky clean (hehe) before putting??

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one of those little pouches that you pour water in before your round. I carry it in my back pocket, and pull it out once I've marked my ball on the green. Stuff the ball in the pouch, roll it around a couple of times, and presto, it pops out clean as a whistle.

All the golf stores carry them.

In the Bag

Ping i15 8* Diamana Whiteboard

Titleist 909f3 13.5* Aldila NV

Ping S57 3-PW KBS C-taper

Macgregor 52, 56, and 60 wedges

SC Newport 2.5

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

This

Originally Posted by jshots

Take a towel with you to the green.

My Equipment:
Driver: 9.5* R9, 73g Fubuki stiff | 3wood: 15* R9 3 Wood, x-stiff shaft | Hybrid: 19* Lynx Hybrid, reg. flex | Irons: MP-68s (4i-PW), 5.5x flighted |
Wedges: 52.08*, 56.11*, & 60.07 Vokey Spin-Milled | Putter: Pixl L1.8, 33.5" | Balls: Pro V1x |

Just park the bag beside the green have a small towel that you wet before going out to clean the ball. I do that and also have an ordinary towel for cleaning my clubs.

go to walmart or somewhere cheap and by a $2-5 dollar hand towel in whatever color you prefer...get it wet prior to the round...do as instructed above. presto.

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

I agree with the wet towel.  I buy the micro fiber ones at Costco as they hold more water and stay wet the entire round, even in the Summer.

Butch

Towel and water...or towel and saliva... :)

ogio.gif Black/White Ozone Stand bag, Caddytek 13.5 Black/Red Push Cart

taylormade.gif RBZ Tour 9* Stiff / ping.gifRapture 3 'metal' Titanium 14* Stiff Aldila Proto VS 'By You'
adams.gif Hybrid A2 20*3 hybrid Stiff Aldila VS / ping.gifRapture Black Dot 4-PW Stiff / cleveland.gifWedges CG11 54* SW / taylormade.gif RAC 52*, 58*Wedge / odyssey.gif  33" White Hot XG

Frogger has a mini version of their great amphibian towel just for this purpose. They sell the regular towel and ball towel together in a package.

I just park my push cart near the green, mark my ball, clean it real quick then line it up (I don't have the mini towel just the regular size towel).

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

I always have a medium sized towel with 1/4 of it wet. It is great for wiping down grips, clubfaces, and for even cleaning my balls.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

I often forget my towel, I suppose that you could wet the corner of your shirt or shorts and you would always have it with you. Maybe I should patent a golf shirt with a rag attached somewhere...

:whistle:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just pop it in my mouth, yummy! Yeah, towel. If it's not clean enough after that, you have OCD and should seek help

The is the absolute one time when having sweaty hands comes in....handy.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I carry a clean ball (the same make of course) in my back pocket and use it for putting. I use the other one for anything else.

2013 Goal:

Single digit handicap

Originally Posted by Mattplusness

I carry a clean ball (the same make of course) in my back pocket and use it for putting. I use the other one for anything else.

Isn't that against the rules? I suppose its a fairly good idea in a casual round though.

:whistle:

Originally Posted by wmiller

I have one of those little pouches that you pour water in before your round. I carry it in my back pocket, and pull it out once I've marked my ball on the green. Stuff the ball in the pouch, roll it around a couple of times, and presto, it pops out clean as a whistle.

All the golf stores carry them.

Same for me, I use the Frogger version, it has a carabiner that I attach to a belt loop and dont have a wet pouch in my back pocket.

http://www.froggergolf.com/AmphibianSplash.html

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

Originally Posted by jshots

Isn't that against the rules? I suppose its a fairly good idea in a casual round though.

IDK probably, but whenever I play it's with my dad or friends. I'm not into competitive play yet.

2013 Goal:

Single digit handicap

I used to use these, they're about $6 for 2 at most golf shops. Works pretty good.

handandpocket-ballzee.jpg 1016337-aaa.jpg

The other day I bought a Frogger Amphibian Towel and it came with a smaller one for balls. I love it!

frogger_ball_towel_black_LG.jpg

Diablo Octane
Big Bertha 2007 3W 

Razr X 3H, 4H
Razr X Irons 5-PW 

Wedges X-Tour 56* and 60*

White Ice D.A.R.T Mallet 

Ball Tour i(s)

Note: This thread is 4322 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!