IGNORED

Rotary Swing Golf

Note: This thread is 1922 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

ended up here because I was looking for reviews on rst because I was interested in becoming a member, but now I'm less than interested.  The swing itself looks like a pretty swing, much like other swings.  I don't really think chuck has reinvented the wheel in anyways as the basic principles look like a golf swing lol.  the takeaway nonsense just seems like a one piece takeaway, which is so insanely common nowadays.  his downswing seems to really put focus on working from the ground up and really maintaining contact with the ground through impact which I think if youre physically able to do it, it probably help keep things pretty simple.  But that being said, I wasn't drawn to rst because of the 'science' of the swing.  Theres a lot of ways to skin a cat so to speak.  But I am interested in the science of muscle memory and advice on how to practice, reps, etc, which is what appealed to me about the rst website in general, but as far as the swing goes, what most people probably need to focus on is ball flight and what makes the ball go one way or the other, understanding your own ball flight, your good shots, your misses, and then put in the hours at the range deliberately practicing certain things instead of mindlessly smashing balls.  There is so much free material on youtube or on forums like this that for the right type of person, you would never need to pay for a golf lesson again.   if you prefer the idea of being held by the hand while building a swing from scratch, then maybe sites like rst are for you, but I feel like you also need to have a basic ability to hit a golf ball.  teaching a bunch of positions to a person who has no hand eye coordination isnt probably going to help much.  

I'm still constantly amazed at the idea of swinging a golf club into a little ball, and more often than not having it go straight or whatever your desired ball flight is.  And hopefully nobody makes some dumb comment about me being a one and done poster only here to shill for a product cause that simply isnt the case.  I've been to the forum many times for various topics, but finally felt compelled to sign up because obviously I was searching for reviews of rst.  I love to talk about golf, and the swing, so maybe I'll be around for a while. 

3-pw 2007 callaway x-forged
56 cleveland
60 cleveland 
Driver - Callaway xr16
3w - Callaway xr16
Shoes - Etonic stabilite sport

• 2 months later...
On 8/12/2017 at 6:06 PM, downbylaw11 said:

ended up here because I was looking for reviews on rst because I was interested in becoming a member, but now I'm less than interested.  The swing itself looks like a pretty swing, much like other swings.  I don't really think chuck has reinvented the wheel in anyways as the basic principles look like a golf swing lol.  the takeaway nonsense just seems like a one piece takeaway, which is so insanely common nowadays.  his downswing seems to really put focus on working from the ground up and really maintaining contact with the ground through impact which I think if youre physically able to do it, it probably help keep things pretty simple.  But that being said, I wasn't drawn to rst because of the 'science' of the swing.  Theres a lot of ways to skin a cat so to speak.  But I am interested in the science of muscle memory and advice on how to practice, reps, etc, which is what appealed to me about the rst website in general, but as far as the swing goes, what most people probably need to focus on is ball flight and what makes the ball go one way or the other, understanding your own ball flight, your good shots, your misses, and then put in the hours at the range deliberately practicing certain things instead of mindlessly smashing balls.  There is so much free material on youtube or on forums like this that for the right type of person, you would never need to pay for a golf lesson again.   if you prefer the idea of being held by the hand while building a swing from scratch, then maybe sites like rst are for you, but I feel like you also need to have a basic ability to hit a golf ball.  teaching a bunch of positions to a person who has no hand eye coordination isnt probably going to help much.  

I'm still constantly amazed at the idea of swinging a golf club into a little ball, and more often than not having it go straight or whatever your desired ball flight is.  And hopefully nobody makes some dumb comment about me being a one and done poster only here to shill for a product cause that simply isnt the case.  I've been to the forum many times for various topics, but finally felt compelled to sign up because obviously I was searching for reviews of rst.  I love to talk about golf, and the swing, so maybe I'll be around for a while. 

I hadn't seen this post previously or I would have responded earlier.

I've been a Premium member of RST since January. I put in the reps and I have seen my swing aesthetically look a lot better. Unfortunately for me it hasn't resulted in lower scores; but it's a journey.

They have different specials throughout the year. I believe I got mine for $119/yr. Now, you get a swing review every 2 weeks included with that. So, it's nice to get a lesson every two weeks for essentially $5. Tough to beat that value. The instructors are good so I really have no complaints about the money.

My instructor started me on set-up, then on getting my weight over in my back swing, then on rotation. I'm certainly hitting the ball farther (I gained 20 yards on my irons) but I haven't gotten to the downswing or release yet, which is why my scores likely haven't improved yet.

A lot of the feels and movements are foreign to me so it definitely takes commitment to learn the motor movements and ingrain them, but it can certainly be done. Right now I'm learning how to "post-up", or push off the ground in order to release the club.

All in all, I like what they teach. You have to go in committed to doing the reps or you won't get anything out of it. I'll be signing up for another year when my membership is up.

On 6/7/2011 at 12:00 AM, gwlee7 said:

I worked with Chuck for a long time (about 5 years) and am even quoted on the back of his book "The Rotary Swing".  When I first started with him he kept every thing extremely simple and had me playing the best golf of my life.  Over time, he became more and more technical searching for the "biomechanically perfect" swing and that's when you started getting all these minute moves that required tens of thousands of reps to master.  Long story short, trying to follow him down this path put me at odds with his original philosophy and he started contradicting himself over and over and over.  Couple that with his very nasty and defensiveness of what he was doing and he slowly robbed the joy of playing golf from me.  I am still recovering.

I have not even read all of this thread, but your posts stands out in my mind as Chuck Quinton did a lot better before all of this. There was this female Doctor (or someone with some medical background) suing him, or maybe he was suing her over the "theft" of his/her idea. They were partners of some sort.   It was a big deal at the time.  The thing boiling down to a two inch movement in a collar bone (or whatever) seemed ludicrous (to me), but there may well have been scientific fact to back it up. 

I would rather read instruction from  Jim W.??? (from Hawaii) (I am having a senior moment and can't remember his last name), but his shtick (Arm Swing Illusion) was moving the arms 4 inches or so at an angle away from target line and then using the torso to make the rest of the swing, with the hands never getting past center line of your torso.  Big Deal - Stay Centered is pretty much what most pros are saying.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/13/2017 at 4:44 AM, Keasbey Peppers said:

I hadn't seen this post previously or I would have responded earlier.

I've been a Premium member of RST since January. I put in the reps and I have seen my swing aesthetically look a lot better. Unfortunately for me it hasn't resulted in lower scores; but it's a journey.

They have different specials throughout the year. I believe I got mine for $119/yr. Now, you get a swing review every 2 weeks included with that. So, it's nice to get a lesson every two weeks for essentially $5. Tough to beat that value. The instructors are good so I really have no complaints about the money.

My instructor started me on set-up, then on getting my weight over in my back swing, then on rotation. I'm certainly hitting the ball farther (I gained 20 yards on my irons) but I haven't gotten to the downswing or release yet, which is why my scores likely haven't improved yet.

A lot of the feels and movements are foreign to me so it definitely takes commitment to learn the motor movements and ingrain them, but it can certainly be done. Right now I'm learning how to "post-up", or push off the ground in order to release the club.

All in all, I like what they teach. You have to go in committed to doing the reps or you won't get anything out of it. I'll be signing up for another year when my membership is up.

interesting. I ended up getting a membership simply to go through the program and give an honest review.  I planned to really commit myself, at least probably more than most people end up doing, to do the reps on a daily basis so I could get through the whole program rather quickly.  the posting up aspect was something I always struggled with, so the reps have really helped me with that, as well as initiating the takeaway and backswing with strictly my shoulders turning and just using my arms to support the movement of the club instead of swinging the club with my arms and using that momentum to turn my body.  
The results so far have been interesting.  I've only been to the range a few times since I started, since the program doesn't allow you to hit balls until step 4, which was obviously the hardest thing to do for me, but I think I've done a good job of staying away from full swings for the most part.  my slice used to be my miss, but now I've actually be consistently drawing the ball since starting this, and while for the most part I havent gained any distance, the occasional shot does seem to just rip through the air and make me go, 'oh shit'.  My main reason for doing the program was my constant struggle with my driver and 3 wood this year.  Today I was struggling with topping the ball which I never used to do, but I think this was happening because when I post up, I tend to come out of my posture, but when I was able to stay in my posture, I hit a couple of 3 woods that hit the back fence at the range on the fly, which at about 250 is a pretty mammoth hit for my 3.  It will take me a while to adjust to the swing with the woods because I still have a tendency to tense up and try to kill it which essentially ruins everything but I look forward to getting to the next step in a week or so and start working on hitting more shots

my thoughts on rotaryswing's sales tactics are a completely different story though. I'll probably save them for another time, but let me just summarize by stating that many aspects of the rotary swing business model comes off as a huge scam, but I believe the theres nothing fundamentally incorrect about breaking down the swing into sections and doing thousands of reps, but lets just say that when I'm done the program, I will likely unsubscribe and if I liked the results, I will have everything I need to know in my memory 

3-pw 2007 callaway x-forged
56 cleveland
60 cleveland 
Driver - Callaway xr16
3w - Callaway xr16
Shoes - Etonic stabilite sport

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Given how much marketing there is on this product, I'm surprised aren't as many internet threads on this product. 

I am just starting to learn golf (literally never been to a driving range first), but determined to start in 2019, so picked up this product after hearing about it. It looks like they got rid of the 2 swing reviews a month (now it looks like it's 6 with purchase, so once every 2 months).

I tend to be very methodical and structured in my learning approach so appreciated the step-by-step way its presented; seems to be quite comprehensive and I'm basically too lazy to scour the internet and pull from various sources, so at least it's all here in one place.

Will keep everyone posted on progress....

Edited by lolercoaster

Note: This thread is 1922 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!