Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BigAl5150

2011 BMW Invitational Discussion

15 posts in this topic

The European Tour is in full swing at the BMW Invitational in Munich, Germany. Early leader is Henrik Stenson.

Follow the leaderboard here: http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2011/tournamentid=2011043/leaderboard/index.html

My pick is Retief Goosen.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

If Stenson really has found his way back from his high 70s to 80 scores then I think he will win it. I only saw the last couples of holes but his 275 yard shot to the 18th green that landed 2 yards from the flag was insane.

Kaymer recovered well today are a poor start. Dustin Johnson doing only very average also. Big mistake by Kaymer to try and change his swing earlier on this year.

Originally Posted by deasy55

Kaymer recovered well today are a poor start. Dustin Johnson doing only very average also. Big mistake by Kaymer to try and change his swing earlier on this year.

Yeah, why did Kaymer change his swing? Can't understand why you would change your swing when you have  a winning concept... Any ideas?

Originally Posted by Krosh

Yeah, why did Kaymer change his swing? Can't understand why you would change your swing when you have  a winning concept... Any ideas?

Apparently, he wants to be able to hit a draw off the tee. We'll have to wait and see if it was a good idea.

Looking at his swing before and after, he's definitely trying to get more inside on the takeaway and downswing.

Garcia #1

Manassero #2

Kaymer #3

And I am happy! :)

Great to see Dustin Johnson playing another European Tour event...

The younger Americans seem to be coming over to Europe more these days. Bubba Watson is playing the French Open next week, for example.

Originally Posted by RichF

Looks like Paul Casey's gone native. [IMG]http://tapatalk.com/mu/c419ffda-ee25-8e6c.jpg[/IMG]

I'm done with Sergio. He treats me like a rag doll.

Apparently he's [URL=http://blogs.golf.com/presstent/2011/06/truth-rumors-tiger-to-miss-remainder-of-2011.html]thinking of dual membership. [/URL]

and sergio, with ice in his veins, nails the 6 footer to send it into OVERTIME

Originally Posted by senorchipotle

and sergio, with ice in his veins, nails the 6 footer to send it into OVERTIME

Then three putts to lose it all. What a shocker.

Good to see him contend again, though. And that finish gets him into the Open -- so a pretty good week nonetheless.

Very disappointed Sergio could not pull out the win. Great to see him playing well again. I just want to see him win a tournament relatively soon!

Maybe the Open Championship?!

I can dream, can't I?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0