IGNORED

The John Daly Report.

Hogan Fan
Note:Β This thread is 3262 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Another Daly fan here, wishing him the best, but its not looking pretty. I think the Champions tour is his best shot in what, 9 years. If he hasnt had a heart attack and/or doesnt weight 300+lbs.

Its weird to think about how great he couldve been with just a little more self control.
Driver - Nike Sumo2 5900 10.5
Hybrids (1,2,3) - Nickent Genex 3DX
Irons (4-PW) - Wilson Staff Di5
Wedges (52*,56*) - Wilson Staff TW7
Putter - Odyssey White Hot XG #9

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JD will regroup in the fall silly season. He has big bucks sponsors (Hooters, Maxfli) that want to see some return on their $$, and JD needs them to fuel the bus.

• Administrator
JD will regroup in the fall silly season. He has big bucks sponsors (Hooters, Maxfli) that want to see some return on their $$, and JD needs them to fuel the bus.

I personally think JD is about a year or two from basically being out of golf.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I personally think JD is about a year or two from basically being out of golf.

I hate to agree with that because from a fans perspective he's a hell of a lot of fun to watch but I think this could very well be the case. I mean, he'd still play the British and an event here and there but he's got to do

something this year. Hey Daly fans... he's in the field this week! Unfortunately it seems a MC or WD is the most likely scenerio but I'll be pulling for him to make the cut.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

Daly shot a 77 yesterday at the AT&T;, and then withdrew from the tourney. With the projected cut at -1 he doesn't stand a chance.

I saw the replay of the AT&T; last night on the Golf Channel. JD is so lackadaisical out there. There's more intensity & focus from guys in my Wednesday night beer league.

I am not sure why everyone thinks Daly is so fun to watch. I watched the first round of the AT&T; yesterday, and found myself almost uncomfortable watching him. He just looked like he didn't want to be there. I guess the golf that is exciting and fun for me to watch is guys taking risks and either reaping big rewards or paying big consequences when they really want it. O'Hair firing at the pin on 17 at the Players comes to mind as a recent example; even though he lost big you could tell why he was there and what he was after. On the other hand, watching Daly miss yet another poorly struck 6-footer on his way to yet another WD yesterday at AT&T; was kind of, well, depressing.

but Daly is a streaky player isn't he??..i prefer him to a lot of the journeymen out there...i still think that he will make 125 on the money list

He

used to be a streaky player; now he's just about at rock bottom with virtually no hope of ever being competetive again.

He

What seemed to be a changed Daly at tours beginning has now turned in to, Id rather get wasted and eat than play golf. I dont blame him, the guy keeps getting crapped on. He's an addict in denial, he lost his card, his tv show was a bust, he cant keep a wife, his trailer got stolen, his ex-wife is now a criminal in jail, the media wont leave him alone, and when things are looking up he gets injured. With all this negativety surrounding him, how can you expect him to play good golf. I just hope he doesnt turn in to a complete trainwreck and lose it mentally again.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

• 2 weeks later...
Losing his card may be the wake up call he needs. He is still one of the more popular players on Tour, lets just hope that he can turn it around during the rest of the season. It looked like he was doing fine but the injury threw him into a tailspin that he can't hasn't been able to pull out of. I would like to seem him get it back though as he is fun to watch. I saw him play at Last year's buick and man can he hit the ball a ton. We were standing 40-50 yards down the fairway as we were walking to another hole and heard this screaming missle fire down the fairway, and thought who the heck hit that...we should have known it was JD.

In my Grom:
Driver: :nike:Β Sasquatch 9.5Β° Graffalloy Shaft-Stiff Flex
FW: :nike:Β 3 (15Β°) & 5 (19Β°) Sasquatch Diamana Shaft-Stiff Flex
Hybrid: :touredge:Β Tour Edge Exotics Ironwood 21Β° Adila Shaft-Stiff Flex
Irons: :nike:Β 4-AW OSS Steel Shaft-Stiff Flex
Wedges: :vokey:Β Vokey Spin Milled 54 and 60
Putter: Β :edel:Β Basic SeriesΒ 

Sectional qualifying for the U.S. Open at Memphis. Daly shoots 73 in the first round, then withdraws. Lately it seems the most likely result when John enters a tournament is WD and the 2nd most likely result is MC. Wonder why he even bothers to tee it up any more?

Well guys, don't look now but after Daly made triple bogey on his third hole of play today (12th hole) he has fired off 5 consecutive birdies.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

Well guys, don't look now but after Daly made triple bogey on his third hole of play today (12th hole) he has fired off 5 consecutive birdies.

Good for JD...he needs a nice little run, now just hold it together

In my Grom:
Driver: :nike:Β Sasquatch 9.5Β° Graffalloy Shaft-Stiff Flex
FW: :nike:Β 3 (15Β°) & 5 (19Β°) Sasquatch Diamana Shaft-Stiff Flex
Hybrid: :touredge:Β Tour Edge Exotics Ironwood 21Β° Adila Shaft-Stiff Flex
Irons: :nike:Β 4-AW OSS Steel Shaft-Stiff Flex
Wedges: :vokey:Β Vokey Spin Milled 54 and 60
Putter: Β :edel:Β Basic SeriesΒ 

He shot a 70, and is only three shots off the lead...he's just gotta keep his shit together and avoid a blowup hole.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Note:Β This thread is 3262 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!