IGNORED

Bubba Watson at The French Open

deasy55
Note: This thread is 4657 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What about not letting SSP Chowrasia travel with him despite him running late. Apparently he went mad at the thought. The comments after the round don't overly bother me. It's the way he treated a fellow pro.

Originally Posted by darkhunter139

Making a few comments after a round of golf does not qualify as treating someone like "shit" in my opinion.  And honestly who has not treated someone poorly at some time in their life even if it was not purposely.

Acting like a jackass and being a jackass are two very different things.  I could review some of your comments on TST and cite instances where you might be considered a jackass but that doesn't make you one does it?  He had a bad tournament, he was angry, whined and acted like a child.  We all have moments in life we'd like to take back.

Originally Posted by deasy55

He used to be my 2nd favourite player (behind rory). I always rooted for him and often put bets on him. It's disappointing when you find out one of your favourites is a jackass.

• Upvote 1

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by deasy55

What about not letting SSP Chowrasia travel with him despite him running late. Apparently he went mad at the thought. The comments after the round don't overly bother me. It's the way he treated a fellow pro.

Don't know enough about that incident to judge him based on that.  Even if he was being a jackass oh well, we all have our moments.

Have we not learned our lesson with taking things that someone, even a member of the media, thinks happened? Just recently we had someone swear that they witnessed a pro act a certain way...come to find out they were wrong, and yet the pro was bashed.

I would dare say none of you have ever met the individual you are judging. You are passing hearsay off as fact. I can say that I do know Bubba and have had the pleasure of knowing him since our college days. I will tell you that he is one of the best people you could have the lucky happenstance to come across. I have personally witnessed him outside of the limelight and he is a very kind and generous person.  He is the same guy outside the ropes as inside them. I saw the comments; he said he was home sick for his food. Anyone who has travelled abroad knows that your stomach can sometimes give you fits when eating cuisine that is different than your norm. He went on in the very same interview to compliment the friendly people.

As far as not sharing a car...I am calling shenanigans on that. I know he was travelling with a large entourage of his wife, Angie, his caddie and several friends. He probably passed on a car so that they could all ride to the course together, and it was blown into this "ugly" American too big to share a car.

Because this would be the first time the European press as stirred up the muck to make a story...

All I'm saying is I think this is a load of BS!

Originally Posted by Journeyman

For anyone who doubts the refusing to share a courtesy car part of Bubba's exploits in France; I can confirm that this is true.

The player in question was SSP Chowrasia, who, running late popped his head into the car Bubba was already sitting in and asked if he could join him, rather than wait around for the next car.

Bubba's reaction was reportedly less than polite (though I'm sure the anecdotes I've heard have perhaps been exagerated a little).

Anyway, third post now - how's my credibility doing?

Yeah, now we believe everything someone says on the Internet because they confirm their own account.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Originally Posted by makaveli

Increasing! :D

Based on what?  The fact that you agreed with him from the start?

Rich - in name only

Originally Posted by turtleback

Hello angry person, my comment was ironic cause somebody wrote that since he only had 1 post, his statements are not credible or valuable... pretty silly don't you think?

I think the fact that the joke went over your head is rather amusing. And I wasn't even involved

deasy55,

oh yeah... if it's on the internet it must be true... i forgot.

i read the "post" you referred to by link reference. this wasn't on a reputable website... it was on some individual's website - appeared to be a blog or something. perhaps the individual blogging was trying to get one of bubba's autographs, missed it and is now sobbing angrily so he's trying to get back at bubba by slandering him.

appears there's just some ultra liberal double standard european's out there trying to stir the pot... they want the right/freedom to say and do whatever they wish, but when someone else does the same they're lambasted like there's no tomorrow.

as to the car bubba "refused to share" the article said "it is believed that bubba didn't..."

you don't really believe everything you read, do you?

SLDR 8.5°, Fujikura Speeder 6.2 VC X SLDR 15°, Black Tie 8M3 X SLDR 17°, Black Tie HM3 95X Tour Preferred MC 4 - PW (DG Pro X100) Tour Preferred 52, 56, 50 (DG Pro X100) Daytona 62 Lethal

Excuse me? It's been on all golf news media. Sorry for picking the first 2 a google search linked me too. It was on the US Golf Channel if that's any benefit, is that a reputable source for you? Current players (Appelby, GMac and Christina Kim among others) and past players all mentioned it in some shape or form.

To top it all off Bubba sent an apology on twitter to his fans and also sent an apology to the European Tour.

It's not like he hasn't shown this kind of attitide before either. Remember his calling Steve Elkington a "f*cker" and "to kiss his ass"?

I am waiting for my apology from you. Are you sure you're not Bubba?

Originally Posted by Tom

deasy55,

i read the "post" you referred to by link reference. this wasn't on a reputable website... it was on some individual's website - appeared to be a blog or something. perhaps the individual blogging was trying to get one of bubba's autographs, missed it and is now sobbing angrily so he's trying to get back at bubba by slandering him.

appears there's just some ultra liberal double standard european's out there trying to stir the pot... they want the right/freedom to say and do whatever they wish, but when someone else does the same they're lambasted like there's no tomorrow.

as to the car bubba "refused to share" the article said "it is believed that bubba didn't..."

Not at all. I do expect you to comprehend the words "I was there" though.

I know what is true and what is exaggerated, it would appear that you have a problem with that.

So just for you: I know, for instance that Bubba, his wife and entourage sat at the corner window table of the restaurant for breakfast on the Wednesday morning (I too was staying at the Trianon Palace hotel). I know they joined Martin Kaymer for dinner on the Thursday evening. I also know that Bubba's manager has personally acknowledged that they got a lot of things wrong in France and need to do better next time.

You carry on believing posters with a more prolific output if you like, I'll cope.

Quote:

Yeah, now we believe everything someone says on the Internet because they confirm their own account.

Originally Posted by Tom

deasy55,

But someone signed onto this board for the first time and told us first hand what happened.  And then "confirmed" his own statement
and somehow thought that enhanced his credibility.  Of course that establishes what he said beyond all doubt.

Doesn't it?

LOL

The issue isn't whether what he said was true or not, the issue is that there is no reason to believe him.  On an anonymous discussion board the only way to get and keep credibility is through a posting history.   So if, to take an extreme case, iacas says something I'm going to implicitly believe him because he has established a credible persona here.  In this case a guy shows up out of nowhere to comment on something that he claims to have personal knowledge of.  So my first thoughts are: 1) isn't it strange that he should find this board just in time to chime in.  2) I wonder if what he is saying is real or not.  3) Or maybe this is just a new doppelganger for one of our Eurofanatics that was created just so there could be some added little push on their desire to trash Bubba.  I've been on message boards where doppelgangers were used in just this way.

Rich - in name only

Not at all. I do expect you to comprehend the words "I was there" though.

I know what is true and what is exaggerated, it would appear that you have a problem with that.

So just for you: I know, for instance that Bubba, his wife and entourage sat at the corner window table of the restaurant for breakfast on the Wednesday morning (I too was staying at the Trianon Palace hotel). I know they joined Martin Kaymer for dinner on the Thursday evening. I also know that Bubba's manager has personally acknowledged that they got a lot of things wrong in France and need to do better next time.

You carry on believing posters with a more prolific output if you like, I'll cope.

Quote:

And other than your statement we know this is true  . . . HOW?

Rich - in name only

I'm never going to understand the people defending Bubba.

Can this thread just be locked or something? I think everyone has said what they wanted to say and we are just going around in circles.

Sure-he's a nice guy to his friends and family, who isn't?  I think Dave Barry said "the guy who is nice to you and a jerk to the waiter is not a nice guy."  I'm not saying Bubba is a horrible person-but from the little bits I've gleaned from TV, interviews, his behavior, etc.-he's a bit of a douche.  He's totally allowed to be, but the image he tries to portray is in stark contrast to his actual behavior.  I have very little in common with every pro golfer, but I still naturally root for certain guys, sometimes against other guys.  Not rooting for Bubba.

• Upvote 1

Wow, you're really paranoid.

Dopplegangers? Eurofanatics? Lighten up.

Have you asked yourself why I might have 'just shown up out of nowhere"?

Perhaps, following the fallout from Paris, and having experienced the issues first hand, I searched on line to see how people were reacting to the situation.

I found this forum and decided to offer my take and knowledge of the facts (or 'chime in' as you so graciously put it).

I had no idea this site was a closed shop and populated by superior paranoid types who fear new voices offering their thoughts and experiences.

I hoped (foolishly) that a forum such as this would welcome new members and fresh (and factually accurate) comments on the topics discussed. I expected a degree of skepticism, but was under the misapprehension that posters would appreciate that it is the very fact this site offers anonymity that allows people with a degree of inside knowledge the freedom to tell the truth.

I stand corrected.

But someone signed onto this board for the first time and told us first hand what happened.  And then "confirmed" his own statement

and somehow thought that enhanced his credibility.  Of course that establishes what he said beyond all doubt.

Doesn't it?

LOL

The issue isn't whether what he said was true or not, the issue is that there is no reason to believe him.  On an anonymous discussion board the only way to get and keep credibility is through a posting history.   So if, to take an extreme case, iacas says something I'm going to implicitly believe him because he has established a credible persona here.  In this case a guy shows up out of nowhere to comment on something that he claims to have personal knowledge of.  So my first thoughts are: 1) isn't it strange that he should find this board just in time to chime in.  2) I wonder if what he is saying is real or not.  3) Or maybe this is just a new doppelganger for one of our Eurofanatics that was created just so there could be some added little push on their desire to trash Bubba.  I've been on message boards where doppelgangers were used in just this way.

I had no idea this site was a closed shop and populated by superior paranoid types who fear new voices offering their thoughts and experiences.

I hoped (foolishly) that a forum such as this would welcome new members and fresh (and factually accurate) comments on the topics discussed. I expected a degree of skepticism, but was under the misapprehension that posters would appreciate that it is the very fact this site offers anonymity that allows people with a degree of inside knowledge the freedom to tell the truth.

It's a public forum. Fools are as evenly distributed here as they are in society at large. Don't worry about it.

Personally, I couldn't care less if Bubba was rude to the French. He's entitled to his opinions, however blinkered and provincial I might find them. The courtesy car incident, though, was pure egotistical asshattery. He can go eat un panier of dicks.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Note: This thread is 4657 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!